D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 13




What's on your mind?

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,010

    Ignore jbear
    Leather helps load the left most cannon before drawing his longsword and positioning himself, awaiting the horde's arrival.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #122
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by jbear View Post
    Leather's face splits with a flash at Haaku's remark, but the brief smile is quickly suppressed as a matter of habit. However a quite remarkable event occurs a moment later, or at least it would be remarkable to anyone who had known Leather for any amount of time. The dark skinned warrior extended his hand towards Haaku as well. "I don't think we've properly met. Marcus Leather. Proud to die with you today, Haaku, or spit in Death's face, whichever the case may be."

    OOC
    Haaku just won Leather's respect with such blatant disregard for his own life! It seems they are of a like mind
    Haaku takes the proffered hand. "A pleasure," he answers. His dust guard hides his smile, but the leathery skin creasing at the corners of his eyes gives it away.

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    Proudman turns to the group. "You should head down to the docks as well and get set up. You have a little less than an hour to be there and be ready, but don't dally, as those ships could come in hard and fast at the last minute. If you need to buy anything to prepare for the fight, do so now, and do it quickly. Good luck, and gods speed to you."

    OOC: Feel free to make any purchases you may need. There are shops still open in the inner city close by. I am working on the battle map right now, and will post a link as soon as it is finished! My next post will assume everyone is done, but feel free to post actions in the past if you need to shop before heading to the docks.
    "You don't have our pay on your person, do you, Proudman? If the shops here have something that could help us, better we have it now than afterward."


  • #123
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim and his two owlbears watch the ship roll in.

  • #124
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    Haaku takes the proffered hand. "A pleasure," he answers. His dust guard hides his smile, but the leathery skin creasing at the corners of his eyes gives it away.

    "You don't have our pay on your person, do you, Proudman? If the shops here have something that could help us, better we have it now than afterward."
    "Well, let's see here. I don't have the gold on me to give you a full six months pay for each of you, as I have not yet been able to requisition those funds from my superiors...but I can do this..." he says, pulling out a folder with some official-looking documentation. Filling out a slip of paper for each of you, he hands it over without any fuss or flair.

    "Feel free to use that with the local merchants. It allows you to requisition upward of 100 gold worth of equipment (in total) from them. I am still busy organizing our defenses right now, but I will get your full pay to you as quickly as possible."

    OOC: Each of you get 100 gp

  • #125
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Once it is clear that Boomer is not going to run, Ilex calls off the dogs, so to say. Fhangrim's girls move to stand behind him. Noctua moves behind Ilex.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Given the option to buy supplies to help in the fight Ilex thinks what might be helpful and sets out to see what she can find. She arrives at the dock with 3 floatation bladders, and Noctua pushing a wheelbarrow full of rope (300 ft). I wanted chains but besides them being heavy and cumbersome they were to costly. Rope will have to do. I would like to get it strung out just under the water to impede the ships' ability to pull up to the docks. The outer sides we can't do much about but this will hopefully slow there disembark-ment. I want the bladders set up under the docks so if one of us gets pushed into the water we can use the bladders to keep a float. Anyone want to help me set up the ropes?

    ooc
    I want the rope doubled up for added strength. I believe 300 feet should be sufficient and hopefully I could find that much rope in a fishing town. I was figuring to hide the bladders under the docks. I will put them and the rope line on the map.

  • #126
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Ilex: Roll a stealth check for the bladders, and a thievery check to set up the "rope trap". Also, if you could, give me an idea of exactly what you are doing with the rope (ie, stringing it between the three docks or whatnot) so that I know how you are trying to accomplish what you are doing.

  • #127
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Ilex has the idea and the equipment, but not necessarily the skills needed. She knows she needs help but will do what she can with only Noctua's help if she has to. Is anyone good with rope? Ilex asks again.

    bladders and floats
    First roll stealth to hide the Floatation Bladders. Sencond roll thievery to secure the ropes. (1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=5)

    Not that I even rolled well enough to aid another, I am still hoping to get help from other players as I did ask in the initial post.

    As far as the ropes go I was hoping to have them wrapped around the pilings (big logs that hold the dock up), if possible around all 6 at the end of the docks: wrapped 5 times and thread the rope back down and through between the wrapps and the piling twice. I'm hoping that the wrapped rope would tighten around the threaded line keeping it from loosening up. I'm trying to get the pulling on the ropes by the ship to just tighten the ropes further.

    I want to use a short bit of rope to help keep the bladders in place but loop without knots to facilitate easy retrieval.
    Last edited by Wife Of Meepo; Sunday, 8th July, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

  • #128
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku comes back from the shops with two thick glass bottles tucked into his belt, secured by a string. He moves to help Ilex with her chains and floats, seeing her struggle. "This is clever," he says. "I'll hide the floats, but I confess I'm not much good with knots. I'm more desert-dweller than seafarer."

    Haaku dives into the bay, and one by one the flotation bladders vanish. He camouflages them masterfully, using seaweed and barnacles.

    OOC: Spent 100 gp on a Potion of Clarity and a Potion of Healing
    Last edited by WEContact; Monday, 9th July, 2012 at 02:19 AM.


  • #129
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim takes the ropes.

    "While I prefer iron to hold my ladies when needed, I've had to use some heavy rope in a pinch. Let me see what I can do for your my dear."

    Thievery (1d20+6=15)

    "There, that should do the trick."

  • #130
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    With Fhangrim's and Haaku's help, Ilex's plan to tie up the docks succeeds expertly. The incoming ships will certainly have a difficult time of it should they try to bust through the ropes!

    OOC: I have Leather, Fhangrim (as well as UM and Um), and Haaku placed on the map. I just need Ilex to place herself (and her allies) on the map, and we can start this bloody shindig!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •