[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

Welcome all to the

Invasion of the Einherjar

The following players/characters are a part of this adventure:

jbear's Leather
WEContact's Haaku
Son of Meepo's Fhangrim (and let's not forget about Ursa Major and Ursa Minor)
ANGRYxPIRATE's Gneil (This character retired from the adventure)
Wife of Meepo's Ilex (and Luna...and Noctua Ursa...)

Before we get to the fun stuff, let's go over the basic rules of engagement for this adventure.

I will be using the Malenkirk battle system, which means I will roll initiative for everyone and all monsters/bad-guys will go on the same initiative.

Battles will follow this pattern:

1) If monsters roll highest initiative, then they will go first, followed by all of the PCs.
2) If the PCs roll highest initiative, they will go first, followed by all of the PCs.
3) If some of the PCs roll higher than the monsters, those PCs will go first, followed by the monsters. After that, ALL PCs will take a turn, followed by the monsters next turn. Rinse & repeat until combat is over.

When we get to our first battle, I will be using Google Docs to handle the mapping.

I will be using this post to track some things below, such as XP earned, treasure allocated, etc.

[sblock=XP earned]

*Chasing Boomer: Level 3, Complexity 5 (12 before 3) Skill Challenge: SUCCESS!! Budget XP: 750; L4W Rewarded XP: 1500
*First Wave: Level 2 encounter (8 lvl 1 minions @ 25xp each, 4 lvl 1 brutes @ 100 xp each, 1 lvl 2 skirmisher (leader) @ 125 xp); Budget XP: 725; L4W Rewarded XP: 1450
*Second Wave: Level 3 encounter (4 lvl 1 minions @ 25 xp each, 5 lvl 1 brutes @ 100 xp each, 1 lvl 2 elite brute @ 250 xp); Budget XP: 850; L4W Rewarded XP: 1700
*Final Wave: level 4 encounter (12 lvl 1 minions @ 25 xp each, 3 lvl 1 brutes @ 100 xp each, 1 lvl 2 solo @ 625 xp); Budget XP: 1225; L4W Rewarded XP: 2450

SUB TOTAL: 7,100/4 = 1,775 xp per character!

Time XP:

* Start of adventure: June 11th 2012.
* End of adventure: August 31st 2012.

June 11th to August 11th is a full 2 months.
August 11th through August 31st is 20 days, or 2/3rds of a month.

Lvl 1's (Leather, Fhangrim): 167 * 2 = 334. 167 * 2/3 = 111. 334 + 111 = 445 time XP
Lvl 2's (Haaku): 209 * 2 = 418. 209 * 2/3 = 139. 418 + 139 = 557 time XP
Lvl 3's (Ilex): 250 * 2 = 500. 250 * 2/3 = 167. 500 + 167 = 667 time XP

BONUS XP:

For awesome role playing, gruesome battle descriptions, and all around player awesomeness, I hereby award everyone in the group 100 bonus XP!

TOTAL XP EARNED (by player):

NAME..........XP at start of Invasion.....XP Earned from Invasion.....BONUS XP.....Total XP Earned
Leather:......0 XP..............................2,220 XP...........................100 XP..........2,320 XP WELCOME TO LEVEL 3!
Fhangrim:...0 XP..............................2,220 XP...........................100 XP..........2,320 XP WELCOME TO LEVEL 3!
Haaku:.......1,135 XP........................2,332 XP...........................100 XP..........3,567 XP WELCOME TO LEVEL 3!
Ilex:..........2,592 XP.........................2,442 XP...........................100 XP..........5,134 XP WELCOME TO LEVEL 4!

[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure Given & Wealth Levels]

This section will be used to track each of the character's wealth levels (so I know how much treasure I can and will give out). It will also be used to track who acquired what magic item(s) and when/where.

Gold Earned:

Each player earned 100 gp HERE.

Wealth Levels:

At start of Adventure:

Target Wealth Levels for wealth earned by END of listed level
Lvl... Wealth Level (in gp)
1..... 756
2..... 1,824
3..... 3,348
4..... 5,448
5..... 8,244
6..... 12,000

Wealth at start of adventure:

Leather (lvl 1): 100 gp / 756 gp
Haaku (lvl 2): 720 gp / 1,824 gp
Fhangrim (lvl 1): 100 / 756 gp
Ilex (lvl 3): 4,405 gp / 3,348 gp

Wealth during adventure:

Leather (lvl 1): 200 gp / 756 gp
Haaku (lvl 2): 820 gp / 1,824 gp
Fhangrim (lvl 1): 200 gp / 756 gp
Ilex (lvl 3): 4,505 gp / 3,348 gp

TIME GOLD EARNED:

Lvl 1's (Leather, Fhangrim): 2 * 126 = 252 gp. 126 * 2/3 = 84 gp. 252 + 84 gp = 336 time gp.
Lvl 2's (Haaku): 2 * 178 = 356 gp. 178 * 2/3 = 119 gp. 356 + 119 = 475 time gp.
lvl 3's (Ilex): 2 * 254 = 508 gp. 254 * 2/3 = 169 gp. 508 + 169 = 677 time gp.

GOLD EARNED FOR COMPLETING I.O.T.E:

Leather: 1,288 gp
Fhangrim: 1,288 gp
Haaku: 2,053 gp (Although you, too, are only lvl 3, I'm squaring you up to the wealth level you should have at the end of level 3, since you're just about to hit level 4)
Ilex: 266 gp (Sorry for the very low amount, Ilex! You were quite a bit over your expected wealth level already, so I'm squaring you up to the wealth level you should have at the end of level 4, since you're just about to hit level 5)

TOTAL GOLD JUST HANDED TO YOU BY PROUDMAN:

Leather: 336 + 1,288 = 1,624 gp
Fhangrim: 336 + 1,288 = 1,624 gp
Haaku: 475 + 2,053 = 2,528 gp
Ilex: 677 + 266 = 943 gp

TOTAL WEALTH (per character)
NAME..........Starting Wealth.....Advanced GP.....TIME GP.....GP Earned from completing Invasion.....Total Wealth
Leather:......100 gp..................100 gp.............336 gp.......1,288 gp...........................................1,824 gp
Fhangrim:...100 gp..................100 gp.............336 gp........1,288 gp..........................................1,824 gp
Haaku:.......720 gp..................100 gp.............475 gp........2,053 gp..........................................3,348 gp
Ilex:..........4,405 gp................100 gp............677 gp.........266 gp.............................................5,448 gp

[/sblock]

Now on to the fun stuff!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As you leave the Hanged Man Inn through its front door, you take note of the building facade's rather shabby appearance. For a place that gets as much business from wealthy adventurers as the Hanged Man, you'd think they could afford some touch-up paint once in a while, or better, have one of the many adventuring mages cast some kind of "pretty-me-up" illusion spell on it.

In any case, you find the Lieutenant standing outside and across the street from the Hanged Man, waiting for his Volunteers. As each of you approach the Lieutenant, he gives you a nod of appreciation.

"For my records, please state your name (so that I know who to requisition funds for), and any talents you possess so that I can assess your possible usefulness in this endeavor. Once you have all arrived, I will inform you of the situation and get you on your way. Time is of the essence, so please no dallying."

In the distance, a rumble of thunder portends of an incoming storm, but it won't be here for another few hours unless the winds pick up drastically.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
"Name's Haaku," the dusty mercenary says. He sounds a little more sure of himself now that the things happening around him are making more sense. "I tear things apart that'd rather stay in one piece, and I keep things simple and short. Any reason we can't have this chat while we're moving?"

[sblock=Statblock, for easy reference]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2

Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 30/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 6 squares
AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0

Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[/sblock]

Lieutenant Proudman writes something on a notebook and mumbles something about a desert mercenary, and writes Haaku's name down.

"We're not going anywhere until everyone has arrived, and I will actually not be going with you. I'll explain more once everyone gets here so that I do not have to repeat myself. "

WEContact

First Post
Haaku makes a face* and says, "Pretty good reasons." He crosses his arms and looks toward the tavern, waiting for the others to step up.

[sblock=*This face]
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg
[/sblock]

Of course, with Haaku's face covered, it was hard for the Lieutenant to see much of the expression, other than the general elongation of the face, and the crinkles in the warrior's eyes.

[sblock=WEContact]

LOL! Good one! I'll have to get you back for that! Don't make me pull out the troll face! =P

[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
The gnoll and his two owlbears approach the waiting soldier.

"Greetings my good man, allow me to introduce myself. I am the Amazing Fhangrim, that is capital F, lowercase H, A, N, GRIM! And what I have for you is a colossal, stupendous, and downright MARVELOUS menagerie of the some of the most exotic creatures from the Isle of Laughing Gallows.

At this time I would like to draw your attention to not one, but TWO of the amazing pygmy owlbears, a mother and cub pair! Ursa Major is a veritable veteran of the traveling circus. She is the protective mother to a rambunctious little girl, the apple of her eye whom I have aptly named Ursa Minor.

I give you my patented 110 percent iron-clad no money back guarantee that these two lovely ladies can handle any task. No job too small, no reward too large in return for what they are capable of.

So what do you say chief, do we have ourselves a bargain?"

The Lieutenant eyes the bears with a bit of suspicion, but since it did look as though they were well trained, he kept from doing something stupid (like trying to pet one and losing an arm in the process). While Daunton was primarily a human settlement, seeing a gnoll wasn't all that uncommon. What WAS uncommon, however, was seeing a gnoll as well versed in the common languages, and capable of using words greater than 2 syllables with not just apt pronunciation, but downright delivering them with a panache and a certain... je ne sais quoi!

Although he tried his best to hide it, he was downright impressed with the Gnoll.

"Thank you, Fhangrim! Your...ladies...will be a welcome addition to the fight, I'm sure. Of course, since they are only trained animals, and not fully sentient beings capable of performing autonomous tasks without the supervision and direction of yourself, they can only be treated as additional tools in your repertoire, and will not garner you extra wages for this task. As long as that is understood and accepted, welcome aboard!"

While writting the Gnoll's name down on his chart, he mumbles something to himself.

[sblock=Perception (listening) DC 15]

"Well... I don't think they'll have a problem convincing one of them as long as his pets don't attack first..."

[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Haaku furrows his brow. "Who do we have to convince, now? And what, exactly, do they need convincing about?"

OOC: Passive Perception is 20

Proudman is caught off guard by the perceptive desert dweller.

"Oh...um...well, yes, I-I'll be getting to that in a moment here. Um... just as soon as the others arrive, but, um, yes...your task will involve speaking with someone...if you can find them. Now where are the rest of you... time is wasting, and we haven't got that time to waste!"

Walking back to the entrance of the Inn, the Lieutenant shouts inside.

"Now don't tell me that only two of you fine adventurer's are worthy of defending Daunton! In case I forgot to mention it earlier... pay is forthcoming for this task, and it is no meager sum, either!"

Satisfied that his assertion would capture, better, the attention of the folks inside, he walks back across the street to wait for any who would join the desert warrior, the gnoll, and the two owl bears.

Another boom of thunder rumbles in the distance, yet another reminder that time was slipping away.

jbear

First Post
Leather walks out of the tavern as the Lieutenant says the word 'pay'.

"You must have been talking about me. Leather's the name. Marcus Leather. Did I hear you say right you want to know what we can do?"

He rests his hands easy on his array of sheathed weaponry. "I can swing a sword. I can swing an axe. Spear, halberd ..."

He shrugs as if to say 'why go on ... you get the idea'.

[sblock=Marcus Leather]
Marcus Leather
Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
Passive Perception/Insight 11
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
HP: 31/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
Initiative +2
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions:

Powers
MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4
Combat Challenge
Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

Steel Serpent Strike:
Inevitable Strike:
Second Wind

Comeback Strike:

Combat notes:
Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases