D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 17




What's on your mind?

  1. #161
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: I think you challenged us fairly well. You used a lot of brutes this encounter, which made it really easy for us to hit them. Encounters with a mix of roles will be tougher. But given that you used brutes, we had to hit them hard because of how hard they hit back. (Fhangrim was bloodied by a single hit from a goliath.)

    3/4 of us used our AP that encounter, which means only Leather will be able to use one next encounter.

 

  • #162
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Good points, SoM! I'll be updating a little later today.

  • #163
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Seeing their leader taken out so quickly, the Goliaths act on instict, lashing out with powerful stabbing motions at Haaku. One manages to penetrate the desert warriors defenses, leaving him quite wounded, a gaping hole where most of his left ribcage used to be.

    The bladelings continue harassing the mobile arsenal, but are ineffective at actually penetrating his defenses. At best, they were keeping each other at bay, and busy, while the others dealt with the rest of the battle.



    Actions


    EGR1: Standard - Penetrating Spear vs Haaku; hits AC 23 for 16 damage. Haaku gains vulnerable 5 to all damage until the end of EGR1's next turn. This attack triggers Einherjar Savagery vs Haaku until the start of EGR1's next turn.

    EGR3: Standard - Penetrating Spear vs Haaku; hits AC 18 (Miss).

    EBS5: Move - moves to F13
    Standard - Rusty Blade: miss.

    EBS7: Standard - Rusty Blade: miss.




    Status


    EBS 1/2/3/4/6: Dead
    EBS 5/7: 1/1 HP Status Normal

    EGR1: 10/34 HP: Bloodied.

    EGR3: 11/34 HP: Bloodied.

    SLVR: Dead


    Haaku: 9/30 HP; Status: Bloodied. Vulnerable 5 to all damage until end of EGR1's next turn. Targeted by Einherjar Savagery until the start of EGR2's next turn.
    Fhangrim: 22 (+4 temp)/28; Status: Normal
    Ursa Major: 7 (+4 temp)/14 HP; Status: Normal
    Ursa Minor: 14/14 HP; Status: Normal
    Ilex: Status: 13/32 HP; Status: Bloodied. Targeted by Einherjar Savagery until the start of EGR3's next turn.
    Leather: 20/31 HP; Status: Normal



    Vacation
    On a complete tangent... I will be going on vacation from the 19th through the 23rd, which is this thursday through this sunday. I will not likely have access to the interwebs during my trip, and I will send an update on sunday if this battle has not been resolved by thursday (which I seriously doubt).

  • #164
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim's owlbears make short work of the goliath and then move to surroung the remaining rager.

    Actions
    Standard: Animal Attack
    Ursa Major: +6 vs AC (+2 CA)
    Hit: 1d12+7 damage (+2 fey beast aura)
    Animal Attack (1d20+6+2=24, 1d12+7+2=13) (HIT)
    Move: Fhangrim N8, Ursa Minor L8, Ursa Major L10


    OOC: EGR3 dies.
    You are missing the 10 hp that Ilex was healed on Fhangrim's last turn.

  • #165
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Seeing the gaping hole in Haaku, Ilex moves up next to him and sprinkles a foul smelling glittering dust over the wound. She watches for a moment, satisfied that the wound is starting to heal she turns her attention to the remaining goliath. Ilex sways ever so slightly as she speaks in a gentle tone to the goliath. The menace is with in you. You will never be free. You know what you must do to be free. Attack the menace within. Kill it and you will be free forever. You know this is truth. Attack it now. Amazingly enough the goliath points his weapon at his chest and thrusts it in just narrowly missing his own heart.

    Actions


    Move: Shift to O11
    Minor: Herbal Healing (Encounter Minor Melee 1 ✦ Arcane) Wizard Utility 2
    Effect: The target can make a saving throw and use his or her second wind if it is available.
    Standard:
    Hypnotism (At-Will Standard Ranged 10 ✦ Arcane, Charm, Enchantment, Implement) Wizard Attack 1
    Target: One creature.
    Attack: +6 vs Will
    Hit: Choose one of the following effects:
    *The target uses a free action to make a melee basic attack against a creature of your choice, with a +4 power bonus to the attack roll.
    *You slide the target up to 3 squares.
    Ilex will make the Goliath attack the menace within.
    Hypnotism on EGR1 (1d20+6+2=19)
    Goliath MBA on Self (1d20+6+4=13, 2d6+5=9)

    Last edited by Wife Of Meepo; Tuesday, 17th July, 2012 at 12:41 AM.

  • #166
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: @WifeOfMeepo: I love the hypnotism spell... teehee

  • #167
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,994

    Ignore jbear
    Leather draws another hand axe as he steps back and makes a thrust with his sword at the bladeling next to him. It narrowly finds the spikey creatures neck, but piercing deep enough to end its life in a burst of stabbing blades which he weathers stoically. His mind is too focused to pay head to any wounds as this time his attack finds the balance he needs to hurl the hand axe at the face of the other leering bladeling who is now a step away from the dark skinned warrior.

    The hand axe buries itself deep into the savage's skull, sending it to the ground in a similar burst of sharp blades, though this time too far away to trouble the warrior. A grim expression upon his face, Leather turns to regard the demise of the last standing goliath invader at the hands of his companions.

    Actions
    Minor: Draw hand axe with empty hand
    Move: Shift to H13 and Standard: Cleave EBS7
    Hit: Deft Hurler feat: Leather forgoes extra damage and makes a RBA vs EBS5: Hit
    EBS7 is dead provoking deathly needle reaction: Narrow miss
    EBS5 isdead; too far to worry Leather with death reaction.


    Marcus Leather

    Marcus Leather
    Human Fighter (Brawler) 1
    Passive Perception/Insight 11
    AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:14, Will:12, Speed:5
    HP: 20/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
    Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1 (encounter):

    Conditions:

    Powers
    MBA: Longsword, +7 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
    RBA: Handaxe, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 (2/3 used)
    Combat Challenge
    Cleave, Grappling Strike, Weaponmaster's Strike

    Steel Serpent Strike:
    Inevitable Strike:
    Second Wind

    Comeback Strike:


    Combat notes:
    Deft Hurler Style: Leather can forgo dealing damage to the adjacent enemy to instead make a basic ranged attack with a heavy thrown weapon against one creature other than the target of your cleave. This ranged basic attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
    Brawler Style: Leather can use Grappling Strike for OAtks
    Last edited by jbear; Tuesday, 17th July, 2012 at 02:42 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #168
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: As long as Haaku doesn't roll two natural 1s, then this is over.

    EDIT: He still has off-hand strike so he has 3 chances to hit. Only a 1/8000 chance this isn't done.
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Tuesday, 17th July, 2012 at 03:13 AM.

  • #169
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: Most of that was unnecessary. I enjoyed it all the same. Hey, if we scare CFW into increasing the encounter xp budget, that's more for us, right?


    Ilex's ministrations have almost completely healed Haaku's wound, and though his assailant is dead, Haaku intends to mete out his retribution all the same. He closes in on the surrounded goliath- pauses briefly to enjoy the sight of the thing wavering on its feet with a self-inflicted wound in its chest- and then explodes in a surge of violence. Sword and claw flash and dive and the goliath is eviscerated and rent asunder, the quivering chunks of remains unrecognizable even as distinct body parts.

    Actions
    Move: Walk -> N10
    Standard: Twin Strike vs EGR1 HIT AC 18, HIT AC 23
    Minor: Off-Hand Strike vs EGR1 CRIT AC 30

    Summary: EGR1 is the deadest


    Statblock
    Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 2
    Status:

    Initiative: +4, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 13
    AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14
    HP: 16/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 7/8 Speed: 6 squares
    AP: 0, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0

    Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 1d8+8 (off-hand)
    Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf
    Last edited by WEContact; Tuesday, 17th July, 2012 at 05:18 AM.


  • #170
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,994

    Ignore jbear
    Leather nods with grim approval and raises his blade towards the others. "Not today, brothers and sisters. She'll not take us today!"

    He gathers his two hand axes back and jams them back into his belt before picking clean the largest shards of bladeling from his flesh. As he catches his breath he begins moving bodies to the narrow piers to form a barricade of bodies that any more enemies will have to cross should they surge forth from the boats. "Can I get a hand or two? Slow these savages down a bit. Let 'em know what to expect when they land."

    OOC
    Leather recovers his 2 hand axes

    If we get a short rest then Leather will spend two surges and be back to full.

    His intent is to create an area of intimidating difficult terrain with the corpses at as many of the narrow piers before they reach the wide part we've been fighting in.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •