D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 19




  1. #181
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,991

    Ignore jbear
    Leather mounts the grotesque barricade with Fangrim as best he can with the corpses he has at his disposition. He will complete one decent barricade before moving onto the next. He comments on the feeding going on: "It's not good to fight on a full belly. Get your pets under control ... and yourself. Then you can do whatever you have to do and the rest of us don't have to watch. Unless you want me to make you watch Bellyache skin a rat with his teeth. I promise you. It's unpleasant to watch." As he says it he hacks off one of the bladeling's heads and stuffs it on its blade without an inch of remorse before arranging it on one of the barricades. He does so several more times with other bladeling heads until their barricade becomes a most challenging sight to behold.

    OOC: Ready when you are! I'll put leather on the map where I want him to begin this time (basically where he began last time)

    Grotesque Barriers: Intimidate 22!
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #182
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Has everyone placed themselves where they want to be before the next wave?

  • #183
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    OOC: I haven't. I'm posting from my phone- my laptop is dead, and I can get on my roommate's only occasionally. I trust Son of Meepo or jbear to place Haaku.


  • #184
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: I placed Haaku on the opposite flank from Leather. Fhangrim is taking the center with Ilex providing control behind him.

  • #185
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,991

    Ignore jbear
    OOC: Done.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #186
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Ready, let's roll!
    Last edited by Wife Of Meepo; Thursday, 19th July, 2012 at 02:59 PM.

  • #187
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Just got back in town. Am beat! Will post tomorrow while I am at work when I have time.

  • #188
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: Just got back in town. Am beat! Will post tomorrow while I am at work when I have time.
    OOC: Welcome back!


  • #189
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    OOC: Welcome back!
    Ditto

  • #190
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    The drumming suddenly peaks and the group hears the sound of vicious snarling and thrashing. A metal cage is pushed out of the hold of the central ship and small Bladeling can be seen inside. Even more covered in spikes than the typical Bladeling, the small, black-skinned thing thrashes against the bars and roof of the cage, piercing metal and bending bars. It's red eyes focus on the cluster of enemies on the docks while the doors to the hold snaps shut. It seems that even those on board did not want to go near it. As soon as the wooden door closed with a bang, the Bladeling flung it's arms out wide and arched it's back, spines flying in all directions so viciously that little but a few scraps of metal remained at the base of the cage.

    On the other two ships, several other Bladelings rush out of the hold, not wanting to wait their turn to pillage and destroy.


    Initiatives


    The badguys did not roll so well this time... So...the order is as follows:

    Goodguys, then badguys... simple as that!



    Bad guy details


    EBS

    HP: 1/1 (minion) AC: 12, F: 15, R: 14, W: 13
    Traits:
    Einherjar Savagery - Any ally of this Einherjar Bladeling Savage who attacks an enemy that was hit or missed by this Einherjar Bladeling Savage gains a +2 bonus to damage on its next melee attack against that enemy.
    Attacks:
    Javelin - Range 10/20; +4 vs AC; 5 damage
    Rusty Blade (MBA) - +4 vs AC; 5 damage
    Triggered Abilities:
    Death Spikes: Encounter; Close burst 1.
    Trigger: The Einherjar Bladeling Savage is reduced to 0 hp or less.
    Target: Enemies in the burst.
    Attack: +5 vs Reflex
    Hit: 9 damage

    EBB

    Einherjar Blade Burster
    HP: ?/? AC:14, F:15 , R:14 , W:12
    Traits:
    Bone Spikes (Aura 1): Any enemy that enters or starts its turn within the aura takes 4 damage.
    Flinch Spike: Any enemy that makes an opportunity attack against the Blade Burster takes 1d6 damage.
    Attacks:
    Bone Spur: At-Will; Melee 2.
    Target: 1 Creature
    Attack: +7 vs AC
    Hit: 1d8+5 damage.



    Terrain

    If you're thinking to take it to the ships for melee combat, feel free! The ships are not very tall, so it will only take one additional square of movement and a DC 10 athletics check as part of your movement to get onto the ship from ground level (no additional movement or skill check to get off of the ship).

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •