D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 7




+ Log in or register to post
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 346
  1. #61
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Randal looks as though he's about to cry. With another shoulder-heaving sigh, he walks over to the gate and rings the small bell attached to it. After a few moments, a woman in maids clothing walks out the front door and comes to the gate with a confused look on her face.

    "Welcome to the Jackering residence. Can I help you all with something?"

 

  • #62
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,048

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    The gnoll raises an eyebrow at Randal.

    "Jackering? Erm, we're actually looking for a Rockbeard."

    The gnoll gives her a wide grin, which might be considered a welcoming gesture by some races, but looks downright sinister when a gnoll does it.

  • #63
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    "Oh goodness me! I'm very sorry, there are no Rockbeards living here that I know of, but let me check with my mistress. She just recently moved here. One moment please."

    She scampered off toward the house, looking back every so often to make sure that the sinister looking Gnoll wasn't pursuing her. Coming back only a few minutes later, she has a smile on her face.

    "Apparently my Mistress is well informed about the residents previous occupant, who indeed was a dwarf that goes by the name of Rockbeard. Apparently he vacated this premises and moved down near the docks. I do apologize, but his exact whereabouts are unknown to us, but perhaps someone at the docks can point you in the right direction?"



  • #64
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    "Great! Now we have to go back to where we started and we are no closer to finding this Boomer fellow."

  • #65
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,884

    Ignore jbear
    Anger bubbles away in Leather's eyes. "I suggest you go and tell your mistress that if she is so well informed about Boomer then we need her help. The city is about to be invaded. People are about to die. The violence could well spill over into this part of town if we don't find Boomer and enlist his help to defend Daunton. And I don't mean tomorrow. I mean today, lass. Quick now, before I come inside and mess up your carpets with my muddy boots!"

    OOC
    So time wise how much is gone before our 3 hours is up?

    Insight on the Servant: A whiff of a lie? Insight 12

    Surely these people know more. If we are having to go back to the docks we need to know exactly where to.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #66
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    RE: OOC

    Approximately 90 minutes has passed since you were given the job. You have 90 minutes left before your 3 hours is up.

    Leather's Insight: From what you can tell, no lies have been told.


    Just then, the mistress herself appears at the door. Storming up to the gates, she stops just behind her maid.

    "Josephine, you may excuse yourself from the company of these ruffians and continue your daily work."

    "Yes, Mistress. As you wish."

    The maid turns about quickly and within moments, has disappeared back into the house. The tall human woman that stands before you
    watches her maid's departure into the house before spinning sharply back to face the group of adventurers. She stares daggers at the dark skinned man.

    "You DARE give my servants orders, rabble? Just who do you think you are? I have half a mind to call upon the authorities and have them arrest you for loitering. Young girls may be afraid of you, young man, but I most certainly am not. I was kind enough to give you the information I have about the previous occupant, though I was under no obligation to release information to you of any kind. I happen to have heard where the previous occupant was moving to, but that does NOT mean that I dug deeper into it. Why would I even care? If fact, I don't. So I suggest, that YOU go about your business. Goodbye."

    Leather: Insight DC 10

    You get the feeling that trying to intimidate everyone you meet may be hurting, rather than helping, your cause.


  • #67
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,884

    Ignore jbear
    OOC: Insight
    As I said, Intimidate, a much maligned skill. Also I didn't attempt to intimidate the serving girl. Just told her the facts. If Leather's character means we don't meet up with anyone, so be it. But Leather is how he is, and he's not going to suddenly become friendly or polite. The only option is to withdraw from the challenge as his intervention is harming the group. Unfortunately that is metagaming and not a character decision.

    So that is the end of Leather's input in the search.


    Leather stands stoically in the face of the old woman's chastisement. He shrugs and turns away mid sentence (somewhere around 'young girls'). He says back over his shoulder "People are about to die lady. Think about that while you're busy being offended."

    He begins walking towards the docks.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #68
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    894

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku walks alongside leather, his masked face inscrutable. "We'll find this dwarf in time," Haaku says. "Has your sewer-crawler turned up anything?"


  • #69
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,884

    Ignore jbear
    Leather shrugs. "We don't know Daunton so well yet. I guess I can ask him to check around the docks. Better than nothing I guess."

    The hissing and spitting in the aggressive goblin tongue that arises boisterously from the nearby sewer grate indicates the 'sewercrawler' is not too happy. Even Leather flinches at the descriptive response.

    "Sewercrawler says to call him Bellyache. I won't tell you where he told me to go and stuff my head. He mentioned the ten gold pieces going to him since our sailor took us half way across town only to be told to go suck eggs."

    Leather shrugs and continues walking. "I imagine no one is going to loan me ten pieces of gold after leading you all on this wild goose chase, but from Bellyache's tone he aint going to be much help otherwise."

    Loan
    I'm not trying to squeeze coin out of anyone. Just playing really. Leather would repay the coin as soon as it was paid to him so no need to actually give any money. It would just become temporarily unavailable for other use 'til the time comes when Leather owns some coin.

    Can I even keep spamming Streetwise?

    Anyway, the doubt provides a chance for someone else to come up with something.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #70
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    ANGRYxPIRATE's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camp Pendleton, California
    Posts
    16

    Ignore ANGRYxPIRATE
    OOC: Can't keep up I'm going to have to resign from the adventure. I am sorry.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •