[Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe )

OOC: @ANGRYxPIRATE That would certainly be a shame if you couldn't continue. To be honest, this adventure is going at a rather quicker pace that what is normal for PbP. If you still feel, however, than you should resign from the adventure, I will understand, but please send me a PM so that I know it is official.

[sblock=Leather/Bellyache Streetwise]
Unfortunately, at this point, Bellyache's resources are just not enough at this time to continue using streetwise. Let's give another character a chance to use their resources to find Boomer's house. [/sblock]

Randal has been quiet up to this point, but when Leather mentions giving his ten gold away to something in the sewers, he becomes rather angry.

"HEY! I never said that I knew exactly where the dwarf was. I just said I knew where he lived. And I was right, wasn't I? He DID live here. I took you to the right spot. Not my fault he moved recently without announcing it to all of Daunton...Why don't you guys try looking for an address at the City records. They're bound to know where he is...And I'll be happy to give you directions to the city records office...but now you owe me my ten gold."

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim pats Randal on the head and pulls out the ten gold.

"Congratulations sir, job well, done! Well done indeed!" He begins to shake the human's hands in his own massive paws, nearly tugging at the poor human.

The gnoll places the coins in the man's pocket and gives him a giant (bear) hug.

"Now my boy you'd better be going. It's almost feeding time for my lovely ladies and that's not something you want to be around, trust me."

Fhangrim turns straightens him out and begins to smooth out the wrinkles he had just put in the man's clothing with his overzealous embrace.

All the while of course, unknown to Randal, Fhangrim has deftly picked his pocket, retrieving his gold and possibly more.

Thievery (1d20+6=25)

Randal smiles at the gnoll appreciatively and races off with his "pocket full of gold". Were to you to be on the eastern side of Daunton (instead of the docks) a half hour from now, you would hear a blood curdling scream as Randal realizes that his gold is missing.

After Randal turns the corner and you open your hand to see what all you had managed to grab, you realize that you had taken not only the ten gold he had, but another five gold as well! It seems Randal was as much of a cheepskate as he was a loser.

OOC: Fhangrim gains 15 gold, putting him back where he was at the start of the adventure (at least as far as gold is concerned).

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Can't keep up I'm going to have to resign from the adventure. I am sorry.
OOC: Sad! I really liked Gneil, and I really think that you'd be able to keep up in the long run. It's moving quick right now, but once it settles down a little, getting on once per day will be more than often enough.

"Let's head down to the docks and ask around. We still have time."

Son of Meepo

First Post
As Randal is out of the way, Fhangrim gives another one of his wide grins, this time holding up the coins he pilfered from the drunk man.

"As ol' Pekin used to say, there's a sucker born every minute."

The gnoll pockets the coins, satisfied that the information didn't cost him anything after all.

"I guess we'd better be on our way back to the docks."

When you get to the docks...again...the scene is one of ordered chaos. Hundreds of workers frantically move to and fro in an attempt to get their employers ships out of the docks and back onto land. Not an easy task, but its what they have been hired for. Thunder rumbles once more, and a light misting rain begins to fall onto the island.

In the distance, the white sails of ships dot the horizon. With only an hour and fifteen minutes before the ships would be in the harbor, a palpable tension could be felt all around.

jbear

First Post
Leather sits on one of the wooden poles of the docks enjoying the chaos swelling around him. He begins cleaning his weapons lovingly in preparation for the battle, thoughts of Boomer forgotten.

OOC: Leather will go along with whatever the party suggests would be a good next step

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku eyes crowd of workers shrewdly. He's looking for any that don't look like they're in a hurry- these will be the ones who aren't temporary hired hands, the ones who have worked at the docks for a long time, and thus are more likely to know where they can find Boomer. When he thinks he's spotted someone seasoned, he approaches them. "We're looking for Rockbeard- Boomer, that is. Do you know where we can find him?"

OOC: Not sure which roll to use, but in either case Haaku will use Heroic Effort to boost his roll by 4, for a total of Perception 19 or Insight 24.

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex approaches Leather with an idea. [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] Leather, boost me up on your shoulders, so I may scan the crowd for dwarves that could be boomer. Then says half to herself, Too bad we didn't ask that drunkard what Boomer looks like. Once she has her height advantage, Ilex will scan through the crowd of dock workers for older looking dwarves who may be or know Boomer.

[sblock=perception] Provided Leather lifts Ilex upon his shoulders. perception (1d20+5=21)[/sblock]

It seems that sharp eyes and a boat load of good timing is a skill that the group of adventurers have today. As Haaku and Ilex scan the crowd of busy doc workers for anything that might look like boomer, they see a smaller than average person moving through the crowd away from an old beat-up looking house. On the front porch of the house sits a rather unusual object for the area...a ships cannon.

The man is moving through the crowd at a somewhat rushed pace, and because he is weaving in and out of other people, and blending into the crowd due to his lack of height, tracking him is somewhat difficult.

When you ARE able to spot the man, you notice, however, that he seems to be looking over his shoulder rather frequently, as if he is expecting someone to suddenly appear behind him...or that he is afraid of such an occurrence.

OOC: All Players: Please roll a Stealth check: DC 14

[sblock=Missing Players]
I think with the lack of responses I have had from ANGRYxPIRATE we can consider that he has chosen not to continue with this adventure.
[MENTION=68900]ANGRYxPIRATE[/MENTION]: If this is not the case, PLEASE let me know by PM or simply post to this adventure so that I know you wish to continue participating. If do not hear anything in the next 48 hours, I will assume that you wish not to continue. [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases