D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 8




  1. #71
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: @ANGRYxPIRATE That would certainly be a shame if you couldn't continue. To be honest, this adventure is going at a rather quicker pace that what is normal for PbP. If you still feel, however, than you should resign from the adventure, I will understand, but please send me a PM so that I know it is official.


    Leather/Bellyache Streetwise

    Unfortunately, at this point, Bellyache's resources are just not enough at this time to continue using streetwise. Let's give another character a chance to use their resources to find Boomer's house.


    Randal has been quiet up to this point, but when Leather mentions giving his ten gold away to something in the sewers, he becomes rather angry.

    "HEY! I never said that I knew exactly where the dwarf was. I just said I knew where he lived. And I was right, wasn't I? He DID live here. I took you to the right spot. Not my fault he moved recently without announcing it to all of Daunton...Why don't you guys try looking for an address at the City records. They're bound to know where he is...And I'll be happy to give you directions to the city records office...but now you owe me my ten gold."
    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Friday, 15th June, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim pats Randal on the head and pulls out the ten gold.

    "Congratulations sir, job well, done! Well done indeed!" He begins to shake the human's hands in his own massive paws, nearly tugging at the poor human.

    The gnoll places the coins in the man's pocket and gives him a giant (bear) hug.

    "Now my boy you'd better be going. It's almost feeding time for my lovely ladies and that's not something you want to be around, trust me."

    Fhangrim turns straightens him out and begins to smooth out the wrinkles he had just put in the man's clothing with his overzealous embrace.

    All the while of course, unknown to Randal, Fhangrim has deftly picked his pocket, retrieving his gold and possibly more.

    Thievery (1d20+6=25)

  • #73
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Randal smiles at the gnoll appreciatively and races off with his "pocket full of gold". Were to you to be on the eastern side of Daunton (instead of the docks) a half hour from now, you would hear a blood curdling scream as Randal realizes that his gold is missing.

    After Randal turns the corner and you open your hand to see what all you had managed to grab, you realize that you had taken not only the ten gold he had, but another five gold as well! It seems Randal was as much of a cheepskate as he was a loser.

    OOC: Fhangrim gains 15 gold, putting him back where he was at the start of the adventure (at least as far as gold is concerned).

  • #74
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYxPIRATE View Post
    OOC: Can't keep up I'm going to have to resign from the adventure. I am sorry.
    OOC: Sad! I really liked Gneil, and I really think that you'd be able to keep up in the long run. It's moving quick right now, but once it settles down a little, getting on once per day will be more than often enough.


    "Let's head down to the docks and ask around. We still have time."


  • #75
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    As Randal is out of the way, Fhangrim gives another one of his wide grins, this time holding up the coins he pilfered from the drunk man.

    "As ol' Pekin used to say, there's a sucker born every minute."

    The gnoll pockets the coins, satisfied that the information didn't cost him anything after all.

    "I guess we'd better be on our way back to the docks."

  • #76
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    When you get to the docks...again...the scene is one of ordered chaos. Hundreds of workers frantically move to and fro in an attempt to get their employers ships out of the docks and back onto land. Not an easy task, but its what they have been hired for. Thunder rumbles once more, and a light misting rain begins to fall onto the island.

    In the distance, the white sails of ships dot the horizon. With only an hour and fifteen minutes before the ships would be in the harbor, a palpable tension could be felt all around.

  • #77
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,990

    Ignore jbear
    Leather sits on one of the wooden poles of the docks enjoying the chaos swelling around him. He begins cleaning his weapons lovingly in preparation for the battle, thoughts of Boomer forgotten.

    OOC: Leather will go along with whatever the party suggests would be a good next step
    Last edited by jbear; Tuesday, 19th June, 2012 at 12:16 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #78
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku eyes crowd of workers shrewdly. He's looking for any that don't look like they're in a hurry- these will be the ones who aren't temporary hired hands, the ones who have worked at the docks for a long time, and thus are more likely to know where they can find Boomer. When he thinks he's spotted someone seasoned, he approaches them. "We're looking for Rockbeard- Boomer, that is. Do you know where we can find him?"

    OOC: Not sure which roll to use, but in either case Haaku will use Heroic Effort to boost his roll by 4, for a total of Perception 19 or Insight 24.

    Last edited by WEContact; Tuesday, 19th June, 2012 at 03:33 AM.


  • #79
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Ilex approaches Leather with an idea. @jbear Leather, boost me up on your shoulders, so I may scan the crowd for dwarves that could be boomer. Then says half to herself, Too bad we didn't ask that drunkard what Boomer looks like. Once she has her height advantage, Ilex will scan through the crowd of dock workers for older looking dwarves who may be or know Boomer.

    perception
    Provided Leather lifts Ilex upon his shoulders. perception (1d20+5=21)

  • #80
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    It seems that sharp eyes and a boat load of good timing is a skill that the group of adventurers have today. As Haaku and Ilex scan the crowd of busy doc workers for anything that might look like boomer, they see a smaller than average person moving through the crowd away from an old beat-up looking house. On the front porch of the house sits a rather unusual object for the area...a ships cannon.

    The man is moving through the crowd at a somewhat rushed pace, and because he is weaving in and out of other people, and blending into the crowd due to his lack of height, tracking him is somewhat difficult.

    When you ARE able to spot the man, you notice, however, that he seems to be looking over his shoulder rather frequently, as if he is expecting someone to suddenly appear behind him...or that he is afraid of such an occurrence.

    OOC: All Players: Please roll a Stealth check: DC 14


    Missing Players

    I think with the lack of responses I have had from ANGRYxPIRATE we can consider that he has chosen not to continue with this adventure.
    @ANGRYxPIRATE: If this is not the case, PLEASE let me know by PM or simply post to this adventure so that I know you wish to continue participating. If do not hear anything in the next 48 hours, I will assume that you wish not to continue.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 12:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 10:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 01:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 05:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •