D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Invasion of the Einherjar (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder, Judge: Covaithe ) - Page 9


What's on your mind?

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,020
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    The well muscled, bald pated black skinned warrior makes no special attempt to blend in to the surroundings as he balances with Ilex upon his shoulders. He neither spots Boomer nor does he have any reason to think that he should be hiding from him. He does however have a rare grin on his face, obviously enjoying the balancing act that he is involved in.

    "Dancing bears, ringmaster and now his acrobats. We're quite the show."

    OOC
    The dice agree with my evaluation of Leather's stealthiness. Proving himself ever useful.

    Stealth 4

    One wonders at who or what we are hiding from. Seems like Boomer might not want to be found not just by anyone, but us in particular?
    Last edited by jbear; Thursday, 21st June, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #82
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim was seven feet tall and furry. There was pretty much no way he wasn't being noticed. He also had to pay attention to keeping his owlbears under control. They weren't used to people being this close almost as much as people weren't use to being this close to them.

    Stealth (Fhangrim, Ursa Major, Ursa Minor) (1d20+1=9, 1d20+1=18, 1d20+1=10)

  • #83
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku is unaccustomed to going unnoticed in crowds- he favors the wilderness over the city- but that doesn't mean he's going to have trouble sneaking up on a flustered dwarf. Haaku weaves his way quickly through the crowd, ready to coerce Boomer into helping if it proved necessary.
    Last edited by WEContact; Thursday, 21st June, 2012 at 01:15 AM.


  • #84
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Wife Of Meepo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    142
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Wife Of Meepo
    Sitting astride Leather's shoulders Ilex points That way! She pulls her cloak around herself, hoping to look like a parcel or some strange ship part that needs moving and keeps an eye on the dwarf while Leather moves in the direction indicated. Luna tucks herself back in her pocket of the cloak. Noctua follows in between them and Fhargrim and his Girls.


  • #85
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: Are we ready to continue?

  • #86
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Boomer, paranoid as he is for being a well-known ex-pirate is always on the lookout for those who would cause him harm. Thankfully for the group, the skill of a few members of the group were enough to keep the dwarf from thinking that anyone was on to him in his current endeavor. However, he is still on the move, and weaving in and out of the throng of people, which makes it rather hard to keep track of the short fellow.

    OOC: We are, indeed, ready to continue! Please tell me how you (and if applicable your animal allies) keep track of the dwarf (this is not necessarily a perception check...feel free to be creative) and what you do to make your way through the crowd.

    Side Note: I have not , at this point, heard anything from ANGRYxPIRATE...so it is my displeasure to announce that he is officially being removed from this adventure. The silver lining to that dark cloud, however, is that the rest of you will earn more XP.

  • #87
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    The gnoll scans the scene. His ears perk up.

    I have a plan. Marcus is imposing (Intimidate) and could keep up with Boomer as he tries to flee (Athletics and Endurance). Haaku can hide (Stealth), ready to cut him off over... there. Ilex, you know how to handle my girls (Nature), take them and use them to corral Boomer. Make sure his escape route draws him

    I'll take a higher vantage point and keep an eye (Perception) on our quarry to make sure he doesn't have a trick we can't anticipate.

    OOC: My plan is based on the assessed strengths of the PCs, feel free to disregard or improvise as you see fit.


    Fhangrim finds an easily accessible vantage point and then keeps watch.

    Perception (1d20+11=29)

  • #88
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    WEContact's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore WEContact
    Haaku catches Fhangrim's signalling, and understands. 'Sneak' isn't hard to pantomime, as it turns out, and Haaku and the gnoll share familiarity with pack tactics. Haaku knows how to play this game. He continues weaving through the crowd, but no longer follows Boomer tightly- instead, he circles around according to Fhangrim's indication, doing his best to keep inconspicuous while he waits for the right moment to intercept the dwarf. He does a reasonable job of it, but he still doesn't look much like a dock worker.
    Last edited by WEContact; Tuesday, 26th June, 2012 at 12:20 AM.


  • #89
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post

    Fhangrim finds an easily accessible vantage point and then keeps watch.

    Perception (1d20+11=29)
    Fhangrim
    Your sharp eyes easily track the dwarf in the crowd. Although he was covered pretty well, you do notice a small bag hanging from the dwarf's belt. From the look of it's small flat and pointed bulges, it holds a small handful of...dice?

  • #90
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Fhangrim tries to alert his allies to this pouch that caught his attention, but he is used to being direct with his words rather than trying to convey messages through hand signals.

    He figures he'll just have to resort to shouting if Boomer reaches for the bag.

    Bluff (1d20=3)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )
      By CrimsonFlameWielder in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 211
      Last Post: Friday, 31st May, 2013, 01:28 PM
    2. Replies: 330
      Last Post: Wednesday, 22nd August, 2012, 11:16 PM
    3. [Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)
      By jsb420 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 796
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 02:13 AM
    4. [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1130
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th November, 2011, 06:50 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 05:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •