Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay...as I think about my 'requirements' for my character, I'm starting to think a Monk is better than a rogue. It's weird, and I'm not entirely sure my reasoning is sound.

Basically, I'd be getting Bluff as a class skill via a Trait. The monk ability to fight without weapons or armor would be -invaluable- to a disguised bodyguard.

Still weighing options.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I think the monk as bodyguard is a cool concept but believe the rogue offers more options. See below.

Your character could be the cavalier's (full) sister. Older??* Which gives you relations to the half-brothers and we have one big (slightly odd) family.

All kinds of RP possibility - The older sister (say six years older than all the boys) saw what dads indiscretions did to her mothers health. She then hates(and loves) her father but since he's not around she takes it out on the bastards. Who are totally innocent btw.

As to monk vs rogue? Both would be good but with rogue being the sneakier class and all it would be my choice.

- The unarmed/unarmored disguise need only apply in urban settings correct? Out exploring you can don your leathers and wear your crossbow openingly. "In town" you use your skills, feats, and talents to help you seem the "lady of court".

- sleight of hand for hiding weapons(dagger,sap, etc.)
- Catch Off Guard (for using candlestick holders as weapons)
- Major Magic to cast mage armor (You'll probably get bracers of armor before this though.) Or UMD and a wand or scrolls to help with your AC
- Lots of talents to help with both the intrigue of court and survival in the wilds (Canny Observer, Fast Getaway, Snap Shot, Surprise Attack)
- Feats too. I think if you go ranged over melee you could get a few combat feats usable in both rural and urban settings. Deadly Aim and then the Shot on the Run tree to get Parting Shot at level 8.

* Which brings me to age talk. How old are you going to make your wizard DT?

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I rolled half-elf so am sticking with it.

I think an eleven princess was seduced by the whiles of Liam's father.

I was going to ask you. Is this like a savage type barbarian (fur, feathers, and a short vocabulary - Conan) or is this just a warrior who likes the wild and gets mad from time to time.

I can't decided if my character will be more a naturalist or more like a stable hand with extra abilities. You could help me to decide.

EDIT: Unrelated - I was going to say Gimli is like the latter barbarian and thought better of it but know that I think about it I think that is a fair class for him.

Legolas - Fighter (archer)
Strider - Ranger (skirmisher/guide)
Gimli - Barbarian (invulnerable rager) (maybe a few levels of fighter)

HM

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Since I increased his Wis and Cha without lowering his Int I was thinking of making him a mix between Conan and Gimli. Think of Davy Crockett with a temper. He could be a trapper/guide/guard through the area along with the help of a druid...yea that could be you if you like. This could also explain why we are in the party...that and you're related to the furture king.

I will have myself a dip into figter (unbreakable) to get both endurance and diehard in one move. Oh, he will proably be an invulnerable rager.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
* Which brings me to age talk. How old are you going to make your wizard DT?
HM

I think Prince Liam should be the oldest, though I doubt a bastard tiefling would be anywhere in line for a throne. So I'll have him be younger at 18 or 19. I'm thinking he has a chip on his shoulder and maturity issues, though he may have seen quite a bit traveling with his infernal mom.

Have we settled the point buy issue yet?

Shayuri

First Post
Monks are just so much -better- than rogues.

But I agree, the RP of a monk is awkward at best. They're too 'eastern' in flavor. And acestism doesn't mix well with royalty.

I will see what I can do with some of your suggestions. Most rogue builds I can think of take a few levels to start taking off though, so I may be kind of pathetic at first. :/

Kaodi

Hero
Well, I have not see a lot of arguments raised for why it is imperative we go with 25 pts. So I think that maybe we can agree that 20 is good and call it a day.

Also, I am not quite sure what you are saying about my ranger, Disposable Hero. That everyone is related except my ranger, or that I should find some way to work that in too? I mean, I suppose I could try to come up with an extra connection, but since the rest of the party is supposed to be from an entirely different part of the River Kingdoms, in may require a bit of an extra effort.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Kaodi, I was just saying we could work together to come up with a way of how we know each other beforehand or the first time we meet is when we are 'recruited' for the adventure...nothing more nothing less. Sorry if it sounded as if I was trying to cut you out or something.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases