New RPG Company Casting All Women for Genesys

GameDaddy

Explorer
I highly doubt anything said here made much of a lasting impression. It is just one thread on one board in the wide labyrinth of cyberspace.

Enworld is still one of the big three leading forums. Opinions of the members here really count and influence a host of other gamers in smaller fora and gaming communities.

I didn't follow the contest as it creeped me out somewhat. But now I wonder how the complete composition of their "gamer chicks" will look like. Is there an even distribution of beautiful and not so much attractive? And have some choices been made by what type was already present (which might mean some more qualified might not been picked) or were the decisions totally random?

They probably should have had a larger pool of finalists for the first round to give more of the young ladies a chance to present. Remember the models will be winning a contract for a year to represent one of the nine avatars of the new RPG. While this isn't big in gaming circles, a modeling contract (even a small one) can be a career maker (or a career breaker) in the Modeling Industry. That alone demonstrates to me that this is more of a gamer company than a modeling company that is learning their way through two Industries at once.

So having the table turned around every once in a while is not such a big tragedy.

D'Oh (slaps forehead), Yes we should just abandon our Inner Geek and dumb ourselves down a notch or two, so we can be more like the common people and express prejudice like everyone else. (NOT!)

Pardon me, however I'm inclined to remain both geeky and smart, and plan to continue in the company of both visually appealing smart geeky women, and plain smart geeky women, for I have discovered that both can be a delight at the gaming table and just wouldn't want to cut out ...say half of female gamers for no other reason than their other outside interests don't necessarily coincide with mine. Be my guest if you want to though, as that will leave more gamers for my table. Do me a favor, and please don't turn them off of gaming.

Last edited:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
What does this have to do with prejudice? Just because I don't consider it a tragedy that the model types are not picked first? :erm: Well, I don't.

I pick players who fit into the campaigns, what does it matter how they look like? And where did I say it would?

Please don't put words in my mouth. I have, as obvious from previous posts, no issues with women looking good. I have issues if someone "traditionally beautiful" feels entitled to be picked first. And I have not included Ginny in that either, she obviously knows her way around gaming.

I know little about modelling except that someone I knew a long time back gave up on it in frustration. I take it the people who applied for the 1of9 thing are not all interested in getting a modelling contract. Are you saying that those who do model consider it more important to succeed here than the others? I can imagine for anyone who gets picked for whatever reason, it is a rather big thing.

I went and found some of the videos for the event, and I'm merely surprised that a lot of those videos describing themselves do not really mention gaming (although thanks to no sound I could only read the video descriptions). I'm curious as to what the females around here will think about those videos.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I have updated the post with links to a lot of what has been happening: Ginny McQueen - Cosplay Girl * Actress * Model* Gamer * Costumer

This is a really great discussion you guys have going, and I'll continue to check in here.

On an unrelated note - does anyone know where I can go to find people to play Shadowrun with in Vegas? I'm all alone here! B-)

Unfortunately Vegas is pretty far from where I dwell but if I was there playing Shadowrun would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting your blog link, first time I ever saw it, and now you have a new fan. Your blog is really cool. :)

Regarding this contest, it sucks that another person felt that she had to go out of her way to discredit another for any reason, but basing it on looks just... why can't people just let people be people.

Ginny

First Post
Unfortunately Vegas is pretty far from where I dwell but if I was there playing Shadowrun would be a lot of fun.

Thanks for posting your blog link, first time I ever saw it, and now you have a new fan. Your blog is really cool. :)

Regarding this contest, it sucks that another person felt that she had to go out of her way to discredit another for any reason, but basing it on looks just... why can't people just let people be people.

Thanks! My website is such a mess now and is in the middle of a redesign, so I should have some much better blogs once that's done. I do have a youtube channel with more interesting stuff: Ginny McQueen's Videos - YouTube

This summer marks 14 years of cosplay for me. It's pretty crazy. It's been... weird. :)

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
8 finalists? Aren't they looking for 9 characters?

Seems most of the experience, if any is with dress up, anime and video games. Table top is in the minority.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I saw the original list and considering the backgrounds of some, I'd see them as better than a few they finally picked. Oh well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases