To Catch a Secert

Sugar_Silk

First Post
As the sun peeked over the horizon, Darling wriggled free from under a soldier's arm. Foggy memories of the night's events slowly returned. After the meeting, she'd stumbled upon a dice game on her way from Harkon to the camp. She recalled the rush of winning a small fortune, the anguish of losing it all again, and how easy it had been to incite a brawl amongst the gamblers when she'd become bored of the game.

The soldier snorted loudly as she loosed herself, but did not stir. Had a few too many, did we? she thought as her nimble fingers fished through his pockets. Finding nothing of interest, she gathered her belongings, pulled her hood up and slipped out into the dawn.

Darling quickly arrived back at the wagon, her little peach palace. She was eager for the comfort of the cozy bed within. Rounding the corner, she noticed a pair of feet poking out from beneath her rolling respite. She stared in wine-addled wonder for a moment before the mocking bray of an ass brought the answer to mind.

"Fallon!" She gave his feet a kick, "I get enough deviants without a donkey outside my door!"

Deskjob

First Post

The next morning Pious was a blue huddled ball around the campfire. Poking the fire's embers with a stick and warming his bowl of soup for breakfast. His battle gear was nearby and he was already showing all the symptoms of a restless nights sleep this morning. But he still managed to laugh a ditty chuckle when a pretty lady kicked the old man Fallon awake.

"Heh..."

Pious shook his head at the comical scene and went back to poking his groggy breakfast. In the life of a clean-cut sell sword it was just another day, another dollar.

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric rose in the cold pre-dawn light, as was his habit, and went first to the training grounds after strapping on his armour and sword belt. There, under the bruised yellows, purples and reds of a lightening sky he offered thanks to Tor for living to see another day and begged guidance on the matter of the elf in which he would, soon enough, have to make a potentially fatal decision. On rising, he sparred for a time with any and all of the early risers who would and went to his breakfast.

By choice, Rodric sat alone to eat his bread, though he was shortly joined by the Dwarf Martomum. Fixing him with an icy stare, he asked "And what, Tor protect me, are you planning today dwarf?"

"You be needed at the covered wagon, ye grumpy bugger. Look for Fallon."

Rodric nodded sourly, and said no more as he finished breakfast. Returning to his bedside, he gathered his pack and shield, slinging them as for a march with waterskin protecting his shoulders from chafing by the heavy shield across his back, and went in search of the covered wagon.

It didn't take long. The whore-ish girl from the manor house was there, making a racket, and a soldier. Rodric approached the soldier first,"I seek one named Fallon. Are you so named?"

Deskjob

First Post
Pious smiled a long smile in his dim blue cloak and stopped poking at his breakfast to address the newly arriving Rodric,

"See that woman over there."

He lifted a wooden spoon to point in Darling's direction,

"...She knows where he is. Heh."

Pious grinned a knowing grin and waved the strong warrior away. Watching playfully with his bright brown eyes and chuckling to himself as he did so. It seemed the old man was popular this morning. Well good for him. The more the merrier. Of course, Pious just hope he was still alive down there. The old man looked as ancient as a petrified forest.

"Fingers crossed eh?"

Axel

First Post
Rodric

"Thank you, sir. I have met this lady previously."

Approaching the amusingly wound up young lady Rodric lays a hand on her shoulder. "Enough! If he is not yet awake then your kicking him is only an insult to the dead."

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling turned to Rodric with a sophic smile, removing her hood and shaking free her pretty red curls. "Don't let him fool you, I'm sure Fallon here will outlive us all." She leaned down to peer under the wagon at him. "Have you been sleeping like this the whole time I've been gone? I thought I left you a key... anyway, it looks like you have a few mouths to feed so you'd best begin to stir."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Crawling out from under the wagon Fallon dusts of his dirty robes and gives Darling a smile. His wrinkled face turns to one of slight forbodance as he digs out the key.

"Couldn't bring myself to sleep... to sleep in there,"
he starts to say handing the key over. "Not sure who would take that... that amiss."

"Breakfast? Breakfast you say. It will have to be hot and quick most... most of the regular army is already gone and we will need to be ready to leave after... after Martomum gets here. But sit... sit. Did you meet Pious a new lad come to serve."

With that the old man begins preparing a meal for Rodric, Darling, Pious, and himself.

[sblock=OOC] Please RP between yourselves a day or two major update for this isn't till MON/TUE then we will get to the heart of what this adventure is about.[/sblock]

Deskjob

First Post
The observant Pious notices the change in conversation and welcomed Fallon to the fire pit,

"I'm just finishing up here. You can skip my portion. Don't mention it. Thanks."

He smirked as the old man took his time. Changing his view back to the unique individuals as they had arrived,

"Is that your wagon miss? It's a lovely construction. You... Heh..."

He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly,

"...You wouldn't happen to have room for one more straggler? Would you? The ground makes for restless sleep these days."

Never hurts to ask. Even when your dirt poor like Pious felt. Nope, the only way to grow is up. I mean, especially since Darling didn't look like the type of woman to put a dagger in your back late at night. Well? Did she? ...Nahhh.

Imagination aside, Pious didn't mind being irregular, among the Irregulars. Though he did nod to Rodric in welcome. As it did seem appropriate to acknowledge his good manners after a small order. However, with a mid-summers painting as pleasant as Darling walking around? No man would be offended as an afterthought.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling cocked her head and gave the new soldier a calculating look. "I'm sure we could arrange something.... though you might earn names short of 'Pious' just spending time with me."

She took a few bites of her breakfast, then gestured to Rodric. "What about you? The three of us could nestle in together, or can your reputation take the blow?"

Darling took a final bite, and let her spoon linger lewdly at her lips, licking it clean.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric stared at the spoon, and the face of this girl who was so...forward. For lack of a better word. And a soldier?

Clearing his throat, without a trace of embarrassment, he said "Even if the good Pious here should elect to share his newfound accommodation, should rumor escape I fear I shall have but one position in the order of battle left. I would be front rank in the vanguard, as none would trust me to watch their back for fear I watch something else instead."

Returning to his second breakfast, he added "Thank you for the offer, however. I am sure it was generously given."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases