To Catch a Secert

Deskjob

First Post
Sleep on the ground? Or sleep inside a traveling coach? Pious knew he was making the right decision. Beautiful woman or no beautiful woman. You can't put a price on a good night's sleep. Thus he smiled warmly and welcomed the woman's words with jovial ones of his own,

"Haha. I'm sure a soldier can handle a few lofty words hefted his way. Welcome motion indeed. Thank you for your generous accommodations. I am at your service my lady."

Where Pious came from, rumors about spending time with lovely woman only 'increased' your reputation among the local male population. Why anyone would even think anything to the contrary puzzled him deeply. Perhaps it was the rose-colored woman who held the devilish 'reputation' here. Either way, Pious elected to avoid any drama. He was in a good mood this morning already.

Addressing Rodic he began,

"...And generously given indeed. Come now soldier. Give us your name. ...I am Pious. A freelancer of the Irregulars. This is Fallon. A wizard, a warden, and a fine cook indeed. Join us and make yourself a foundation."

Of course. Darling, like all women of the midnight, ...needed no introduction at all.

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric stood and offered his right arm outstretched to Pious, palm upward. "I am Rodric of Tor. Recently of the Grey Company, now freebooter with the Lord Bairan's irregulars. And what of yourself Pious? For this is not your first army, I would guess."

Turning to the small older man, Rodric said "I am pleased to find you, Fallon. The dwarf tasked me to seek you out, though I know not what for."

As he sat and accepted some food, Rodric's eye wandered over Darling again. He was trying to be subtle and discreet, but was as obvious as a charging bull to any that cared to notice. A most attractive woman! She is no doubt wealthy after the army has stopped for so long...probably beyond my means...

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling soaked up the attention like a sponge. It seemed like the next few days would be entertaining, at very least. Smiling and joking, she enjoyed the rest of her meal with the two strapping soldiers.

Deskjob

First Post
"Maybe I'll tell you some other time Rodric. But I'm glad to see some experienced soldiers have found the army."

Pious didn't much like to talk about the past. The officers can boast about their battles and honors but most footmen don't. They're just glad when it's all over. The older Pious got, the less his childhood dreams of becoming a valiant hero seemed to be real. Became less colorful and grew more grey.

Still. Being an athlete was his calling in life. And what better way to hone your skills than through good ol' fashioned footwork. Halberd in hand.

"...And what of you our lovely miss? I'll bet your the most fearsome warrior the elves have ever faced. Haha."

Darling seemed to enjoy attention and Pious had no trouble picking fun at the colorful woman's current situation. A lady among swords.

Axel

First Post
Rodric

"So tell me Pious. Where are all the other halberdiers? Or pikemen, or archers? The regulars seem almost exclusively swordsman. Most odd!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon looks taken aback when Rodric says that Martomum sent him to find him. But before he can ask if anything is wrong he sees a familiar face.

"I'm not... not sure but you can ask him yourself,"
the older man states pointing with a ladle at the approaching dwarf.

The dwarf comes stomping up as if someone pulled out his beard. He gives everyone a look and then stops at Pious.

"Who's dis?" he asks suspiciously.

"His name is... is Pious. He has been helping me." Fallon says by way of introduction. "Pious this is... is Martom..."

"No times no times fir idle chat."
the dwarf says. "Dae will be 'ere soon and ye all needs ta be scarce."

"Who? Who will be here soon?"

"Jareth and 'is band. An doe's knife ears."

Perplexed Fallon sits to listen.

"Alright den, I'm tired o' all dees lies an secerts. First Dellex an'a now Jareth. And dem elves 'ave secerts too I know dae do. Well e'nuff I say I 'ave me a plan ta finds out wha' dae are all abouts. An a need yiur 'elp. Dis war needs ta be stopped an if'n dae aren't will'n den I'll stops it me-self."

Her takes a deep breath and pants a little, as if he just ran a long race on his short legs.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling grew excited as the dwarf mentioned elves. She moved to Martomum and placed a comforting hand on his back as he caught his breath.

"Subtlety is not your strongest suit, and securing secrets is a sensitive art. I suggest selecting a softer soldier for this sortie."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Aye lass," the dwarf grumbles. "Tis why I sent fir ye. But in case dis do go wrong ye will be needed sume back up."

He looks pointedly at the two warriors. "Ye tink dees greenies can 'elp?" he asks her with an arched bushy eyebrow.

Sugar_Silk

First Post
"These two?" she said as she adjusted her grim garter, "They've been itching for some action all morning! What do you say, boys? Want to come with me?"

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric smiled and stood up, setting aside his half eaten second breakfast. "Greeny, is it to be then, stunty? I've been fighting other men's wars since I was barely a boy. What's one more to the collection?"

He wanted to fold his arms, for the impression it might make, but knew far better than to make it more difficult to reach his sword. "I can help with many things, if treated with a little more courtesy. And I, too, am tired of secrets. If I am to risk my neck for treason then I must hear the truth! And all of it. Enough lies and hidden truths! Give me an enemy in front that I can see and I'll do many things. Don't leave me guessing where the pack of wolves might be."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases