To Catch a Secert

Deskjob

First Post
Pious listened with enjoyment at the Dwarf's thunderous introduction. Irregulars this was. But the sound of mysterious happenings perked up his ears even more.

Smirking a warm smirk, the warrior stood up and nodded at the idea of an adventure. Winking at Darling as she asked for company. Gentlemen and mercenaries. This was going to be fun.

Pious was happy for whatever came next.

___

*business trip until tues. sorry if im slow. :(

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Dae only wolf we need tae keeps an eye on rights now, is dae elveny kind," Martomum says to Rodric. "Fir dat we will need ye love shack girl."

"So we can keep an eye on dim elves an a knows where tae find thems if needed."

"And ye will need disguises. I tink ye will be spending time in Bear's camp an a few o'dim soldiers tabards will comes in handy."

[sblock=OOC] Will be starting a skills like challenge for acquiring the soldiers outfits. I need you all to decide when and from whom to try and get three of the white tabards with the blue bear on them.

Time:
- During the days march.
- After camps are set for the night.

Persona:
- Camp followers.
- Soldiers.

Now the above can be mixed and matched. The decision will set what kind of challenge. Any questions just ask.[/sblock]

Sugar_Silk

First Post
"Shouldn't be too difficult." Darling mused idly, "There are all kinds of characters living off the army's scraps. Ask around and I'm sure we can find a slippery wash-maid. or a two-bit tailor willing to line his own pockets..."

She surrendered her key coolly to the dwarf and turned back to her chaperons.

"...or we could go straight to the source. Removing a man from his uniform is a mean feat after dark."

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric stared at the dwarf through narrowed eyes. Gradually, a savage grin spread across his face. "Aye, we can stick the filthy bastards in a caravan. That'll be a pleasant enough task. What on the gods green earth do I need a disguise for though?"

Deskjob

First Post
"I'm sure we can find some unguarded clothing. I just hope it's washed."

Half joking, half serious. Pious wasn't quite sure if stealing from the other group was a good idea. But Darling seemed in good spirits and that lead Pious to embracing a more... devious side of himself. Besides, being an Irregular ment being more, irregular. No reason a good swordsman can learn a thing or two about being 'sneaky-like'.

"...Otherwise hog-tieing a fellow soldier could lead to some early laughs. Poor sods."

Much like Rodric, Pious wasn't quite sold on the plan of overarching politics. But he was willing to overlook that grand gesture if it meant hunting around in the dark with Darling. ...Old habits die hard, ya know.

"Let's wait until night fall to do the real snatching. We can browse for good spoils during the day. The camp is moving about, so I'm sure we can find some lovely opportunities from the orderly chaos. ...That is? If the lady doesn't mind us hiding the gear in her homely home?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Sorry I still need a definitive answer to the time and persona questions. I would hate to misinterpret.

But for know we will semi-start the skill challenge.

Profession(soldier) or Knowledge(history-wars) to see what you might know of how the marching and setting up of camps could go. [/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Rodric

Rodric eyed Pious and Darling warily. Hopelessly optimistic group...be lucky to live through this...

"Look, your average lad only has one set of clothes. Especially on a campaign. He'll only take it off for a few reasons. Firstly, he's dead or badly hurt and in the houses of healing. Secondly, he's washing them. And thirdly, well, he's paying a visit to a special friend." The last point was delivered with an especial emphasis for the two ertswhile lovers. Rodric was fairly sure that Darling, at least, had invited him to join both of them in her caravan. Even if Pious didn't mind, or hadn't picked up on it.

"Just because we've got a pretty woman here doesn't mean we should expect her to sacrifice her body not once, but three times. And just to get some clothes. There might be spare sets at the quartermaster's stores, though that's not very likely. They didn't even have spare socks this morning. Or if there would ever be a blasted battle instead of waiting around we could pay a visit to the houses of healing and gather some of the unused sets. We need to go over our options here, and think things through properly. Let's say the darling Darling here is willing to make such a sacrifice. What do we do with the solder after his clothes are gone? He'll be pretty annoyed, let me tell you that. Besides, how are we going to get a set to fit a woman's figure?"

Rodric sat down again, stroking his moustache and looking pained. The problem was almost insurmountable. Just for once, I want something to be straightforward. Nothing has gone right since the Captain died...

Last edited:

Sugar_Silk

First Post
Darling was appreciated Rodric's concern for her and the faceless soldiers they considered robbing.

"You have a point." She said, sounding somewhat let down. "If the idea is to blend in, then vexing soldiers is the wrong way to start. I think Pious is right about sundown; lets wait till dark..."

Darlings words drifted off and her face took on a vacant, searching look. One of her blades danced back and forth between her fingers as she sifted through all the rumors she'd heard recently. Surely, one of the camp's followers needed a favor... or owed one...

**Bardic Knowledge bonus should be +6 instead of +4. That's what i get for rolling before I read the whole entry. :p

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the day marches on the three new companions drift into their own thoughts, and putting one foot in front of the other.

And although the day is warm and bright, with just enough of a breeze to keep it from becoming unbearable, the road is still hard and their packs are still heavy. After almost eight hours of marching they find themselves relived when it is time to stop.

Everyone finds a spot near the supply wagon and Fallon's fire while they wait for sundown and their opportunity to sneak into the regular army encampment. When the time comes they feel the butterflies start to form in their stomachs, but quickly bat them down and head off into the darkness.

[sblock=OOC] First is the sneaking part. Your choice of either

A- Trying not to be spotted at all. Requiring two successful DC 10 hiding checks before two failures. Each person rolls their own checks and success is determined as a group.

B- Trying to sneak but not look like your sneaking. Requires a DC 10 sneak check followed by two DC 15 Diplomacy or Bluff check. The Diplomacy is rolled only by one person (with the others allowed to Aid Another) as you talk your way past guards and such.

Note that your previous checks brought all these DC down by 5., good work.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gabriel Straus

Joining the army of Lord Bairan (called Lord Bear by most of the common folk) as it was on the move was as easy as stealing raspberry pies when you were younger (though not as rewarding).

You fall into line at the back of the army as they move east. The destination you know is Siere and then a clash with the Treylor army. But for now it is a long day of marching.

With your glaive over your shoulder you stick out like a bannerman on the field of battle, and thus aren't surprised when your approached by what you believe are officers on horseback.

Two men in white tabards with the blue bear of Lord Bairan in then move up to either side of you.

"Ho!? What's this?
" one asked in mock surprise. "This iggots got himself a big bit of steal on him, doesn't he?" A beardless rider says over Gabriel's head to his bushy faced companion.

"I'm sure he's just holding it for someone," comes the reply. "Sure don't think he can use something like that. Can you boy"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases