Gaming w/Jemal : Circle of Champions OOC (Full for now)

Jemal

Adventurer
Alright Holyman, time to look at Savior
Move Object 8 (16 pts)Control Standard Ranged Sustained Strength 2 per rank
Force Field 10 (10 pts)Defense Free Personal Sustained — 1 per rank
Flight 3 (6 pts) Movement (Free Personal Sustained — 2 per rank
Snare Attack 5 (15 pts)Standard Ranged Instant Dodge 3 per rank
Move Object : Keep in mind that it can't deal damage directly unless you add the +1/rank Damage modifier. Without that it can only use it to perform combat maneuvers or throw stuff at people. Any of these though will still require an attack roll unless you make it perception ranged.
Force Field : combined with your Stamina and Defensive Roll, this makes your Toughness check too high. I'd suggest dropping the defensive roll.
Snare - You may wish to increase the ranks of this. Also it requires an attack roll unless you make it perception range.

Contacts, Defensive Roll x3, Fascinate:persausion x2,
Fascinate is ranked for use on multiple skills, it has no effect if you take it twice with the same skill.

Acrobatics 0 (+3)
Athletics 1 (+1)
Close Combat 0 (+1)
Deception 0 (+6)
Expertise:Current Event 1 (+1)
Insight 5 (+10)
Intimidation 0 (+6)
Investigation 1 (+6)
Perception 10 (+15)
Persuasion 10 (+16)
Ranged Combat 0 (+3)
Sleight of Hand 0 (NA)
Stealth 1 (+4)
Technology 1 (+1)
Treatment 0 (NA)
Vehicles 0 (+3)
Acrobatics is not usable untrained. Also you may wish to put more ranks in some of those skills if you plan on using them. Stealth, Tech, and Athletics are really only useful when you have larger skill modifiers.

DODGE 5 (+2pt)
FORTITUDE 6 (+4pts)
PARRY 1(+0pts)
TOUGHNESS 4 (7 with Defensive Roll) (+2 pts)
WILL 10 (+5pts)
OK a few things. First, you can't buy toughness directly with points. it can only be increased by the Protection power, Defensive roll advantage, and Stamina ability.
Secondly, your PL is 9 with the Potential trait (Which I see you chose).
For the following : Dodge+Toughness; Parry+Toughness; Fort+Will; Attack+Damage/Effect the cap is double PL, which means 18 for you. So for example with a will save of 10, your Fort cap is 8.
With your move object cap at 8, it would have an attack cap of 10.
I believe I set the 'trade-off' at a max of within 3 of your PL, meaning your caps can be between 6 and 12.
Your Toughness has a max of 12, so with 2 stamina you could use 10 ranks of forcefield, and then would have a max of 6 in both dodge and parry.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
BBs -
Abilities: (20 pp)
-STR 5
-STA -
-DEX 0
-AGI 0
-FGT 5
-INT 0
-AWE 0
-PRE 0
This actually only costs 10 points. 10 for str, 10 for fgt, but you GAIN 10 for having no stamina, so an overall ability cost of 10.

Offenses:
-Initiative: 0
-Melee Attack: +5 attack, +5 damage
-Ranged Attack: +10 attack, +10 damage (Arm Laser Cannon)
Your ranged attack is beyond the PL limit. Your PL limit is 8, so Attack + Damage is PLX2 (or 16). Yours is 20. If you wish to keep the cannon at damage 10, you have to reduce the attack bonus to 6.

Defenses: (12 pp)
-Dodge: 6 (rank 6)
-Parry: 5
-Toughness: 8 (Titan Armour (Protection rank 8 + Impervious 8))
-Fort: (Robot Traits (Immunity: Fortitude))
-Will: 6 (rank 6)
Toughness+Doge or Parry = PLX2(Within limit of 5-11), so you can have 8 in dodge/parry, or up toughness to 11 and put dodge/parry to 5, or anywhere in between, so long as the total is 16 and neither is above 11.
Your will could be up to 8, b/c you have no fort, and thus can make no trade-offs.

Skills: (18 pp)
-Insight +8 (rank 4)
-Investigation +6 (rank 3)
-Perception +8 (rank 4)
-Technology +10 (rank 5)
-Vehicles +4 (rank 2)
You may wish to add some more ranks to Perception if you want it to be good, your skill cap is PL+10 (18 for you).

Powers (77 pp)
-Arm Laser Cannon (Blast + Penetrating rank 10 = 30 pp)
-Robot Traits (Immunity: Fortitude = 30 pp)
-Robot Traits (Immunity: Aging = 1 pp)
-Titan Armour (Protection rank 8 + Impervious 8 = 16 pp)
See above offense re: Laser cannon.
As a construct, I would suggest further Immunities : Environmental conditions,(5) Suffocation Effects(No need to breath: 2), Starvation&Thirst(1), and Sleep(1)
Also, I take it you decided to do away with the Growth, so Titan's only human-sized?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Hafrogman - Only thing I can say is that you don't need that Equipment. In this setting, none of that will be used during the arena, so you don't have to pay for it. Also your wealth benefits will allow you to gain most of that stuff outside of the arena through your wealth when you need it.

For a good idea of what items you actually need Equipment for, read the "what items do you pay for?" sidebar on page 160.

Walking Dad

First Post
As a construct, I would suggest further Immunities : Environmental conditions,(5) Suffocation Effects(No need to breath: 2), Starvation&Thirst(1), and Sleep(1)
All those require fortitude saves to resist, so they are effectively included with Immunity: Fortitude saves (as is aging).
But they don't regenerate without the Regeneration power. 1 rank gives them normal recuperation.

BTW, robot characters are really vulnerable to some powers.

Sample:
EMP blast
Affliction (resisted with fortitude, area: burst, affects only objects, limited to machines, dazed/stun/transform:inert junk) - 1pp/rank

Constructs save with a -5 (Stamina), so against rank 5 they have to roll a 20 or be dazed, a 15 or be stunned or a 10 to not be down for the battle.

BBs

First Post
Hmmm my apologies, I'll get right on that then, also aging requires a fortitude save? :confused:, I knew the other afflictions required a fortitude save, but aging? so some guy could make a fortitude save to resist getting older in this game? Sweet!.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
huh ... awesome! As for the titan name, I like it :( I'll make that the name of his company, "Titan Corps" sweet! :) and finished the changes, take a gander.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hafrogman - Only thing I can say is that you don't need that Equipment.
Fair enough, I was just using it as a little more flavor. I imagine that the standard off-the-shelf smart phone isn't quite designed to be used by an eight foot long lizard with razor sharp talons. :)

I have just traded it out for Improved Critical (Claws) for one point.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Samuel S. Corgan]Samuel S. Corgan : Goes by Sam
Trait: Powerful
Size: 6'2" tall, 240 lbs, 36 yrs old
Brown hair; Blue eyes; Tanned skin

Statistics: (2 pts)
Str 02 = -5 [-10] +05 [10]
Sta 04 = 04 [ 08] +00 [00]
Dex 02 = -5 [-10] +05 [10]
Agi 02 = -5 [-10] +05 [10]
Fgt 08 = 04 [ 08] +04 [08]
Int 00 = 00 [ 00] +00 [00]
Awa 08 = 04 [ 08] +04 [08]
Pre 00 = 00 [ 00] +00 [00]

Powers: (116 pts)

Battle Suit: Removable (- ? pts)

Armor: (12 pts)
• Protection 4, Impervious 8

Anti-Gravity Propulsion: (5 pts)
• Flight 2 (120ft)
• Aquatic (30 ft)

Comm System: (8 pts)
• Radio Communication 2

Computer Translator: (8 pts)
• Understand and Read All Languages 2
• Communicate with Machines 2

Life Support: (10 pts)
• Immunity to Disease, poison, all environmental conditions, suffocation, starvation, and thirst.

Sensors: (12 pts)
• Accurate Radio Extended 3 [radar]
• Darkvision, Infravision, Ultra-Hearing
• Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Time Sense

Camouflage: (2 pts)
• Concealment 4 - All Vision
• Activation - Standard (-2 pts)
• Blending

Tactical Computer: (24 pp)
• Enhanced Dodge 8
• Enhanced Ranged Attack 8
• +4 Awa (8 pts)

Motors: (38 pts)
• +5 Str (10 pts)
• +5 Dex (10 pts)
• +5 Agi (10 pts)
• +4 Fgt (8 pts)

Arm Cannon: (28 pts)
• Energy Cannon - Ranged Penetrating Damage 8 (24 pts)
AE: Rapid Fire - Ranged Multiattack Damage 8 (1 pt)
AE: Flash Bomb - Dazzle 8, 30 ft sphere (1 pt)
AE: Force Bomb - Ranged Area Damage 8, 30 ft sphere (1 pt)
AE: Force Blade - Penetrating Damage 8, Reach 1, Imp Crit 4 (1 pt)

ADVANTAGES: (6 pts)
Improved Initiative 2
Assessment
Luck 2
Evasion

SKILLS: 12 pts
Acrobatics +10 (4 pt)
Athletics +10 (4 pt)
Close Combat +8 (+8 Fgt)
Expertise [Soldier] +2 (1 pt)
Insight +8 (+8 Awa)
Perception +10 (+8 Awa, 1 pts)
Technology +2 (1 pt)
Vehicles +2 (1 pt)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +10 (+2 Agility, +8 Improved Initiative)
Arm Cannon +8 (Ranged, Damage 8)
Force Blade +8 (Close, Damage 8)

DEFENSE: 0 pp
Dodge: +8 = (+8 Suit)
Parry: +8 = (+8 Fighting)
Fortitude: +4 = (+4 Stamina)
Will: +8 = (+8 Awareness)
Toughness: +8 = (+4 Stamina, +4 Protection)

EQUIPMENT:

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy
Hatred
Relationship

COST SUMMARY:
Abilities -6 pp + Powers 116 pp + Advantages 6 pp + Skills 12 pp + Defense 00 pp = 130 pp

Appearance:

Personality:

Story:
Sam Corgan was in special ops for the military. Government military, private military, it all kind of blends together in these times. The most important thing was that he still worked with his brother. Timothy is a scientist for the military and develops a lot of the technology that they use. Weapons, defenses, tools, you name it. Sam was testing a new top secret weapon developed by his brother when there was a horrible accident. He was paralyzed from the neck down, unable to move or take care of himself. Timothy blamed himself for the tragedy so he took another piece of military technology that he had developed and adapted it for his brother. It was a suit that links to the nervous system. Using this suit, Sam could now move around again on his own. The military saw the merit in the development. They had invested a lot in Johnny and he seemed the perfect candidate for the suit.
It was later discovered that the so called accident had actually been caused by sabotage. A rival weapons developer, Hereticorp, had sent in an agent to destroy their work and caused the malfunction that had ruined Sam's life. Sam and Timothy have taken it upon themselves to fight against Hereticorp at every chance they get. As a result, they have become bitter enemies. Sam has fought in the arena sometimes just because he would be up against Hereticorp.

[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK]
Darksuit_Artwork.jpg
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases