Barbarian build

Anditch

First Post
I am thinking of making a 12th level barbarian. Was wondering what feats/rage powers,class,weapons to use. Not sure which road to go down also damage or defensive or another build idea. Also is the furious choice to add on to a wep a good option or is there a better idea. was going to go down the +1 furious keen holy route.

Anditch

First Post
made a barbarian

I have trawled throuhgh the books and come up with the following character. 11th lev invul rager barbarian 1 level of oracle. i chose lame -10 foot but immune to fatigue. for my Mystery Flame cinder dance +10 foot movement.
Feats Lunge. Raging vitality. Combat reflexes. critical focus. power attack. pushing assault. Rage powers are regen vigor. renew vigor. guarded life. swift foot (+5foot) powerful blow +3hit+3 dam. come and get me. Does this look good or is there a few tweaks needed.

steenan

Adventurer
Lame oracle cannot take Cinder dance. Go with Metal oracle and Dance of blades for the same effect without this restriction. It may also be worth it to spend a feat for Extra revelation and take Armor mastery for full speed in medium armor.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
You need Barbarian 12 for Come and Get Me, so pick that up next level. Along with the Dazing Assault feat as your 13th level feat. Nice combo.

I'd drop Critical Focus (you don't even have any critical feats beyond it...), it's too feat heavy for a barbarian. Also not a fan of pushing assault.

Other than Come and Get Me (which you cannot yet take), not really liking any of your rage power choices. It's up to you, but I mean... you dipped Oracle specifically to use 1/rage powers more often, so...shouldn't you get some of those? I'd scrap that whole list and consider...

The entire Beast Totem line (pounce is SO good)
Flesh Wound (1/rage halve damage from a hit and make it nonlethal - ie, apply your DR / nonlethal to it!)
Strength Surge (1/rage add Barb level to str or combat maneuver check)
Knockdown (1/rage trip someone; no idea why this is 1/rage and Knockback is 1/round...)

IF you're doing Human with the Favored Class alt. for higher Superstition modifier, you want Superstition, Ghost Rager (applies Sup. bonus to touch AC), Witch Hunter (adds Sup. bonus to damage vs. spellcasters), Spell Sunder (1/rage "dispel" a caster; hard to do but possible w/ Strength Surge), and Eater of Magic (1/rage reroll a save against anything but Ex abilities!).

You don't need Witch Hunter, but it's required for Spell Sunder. Ghost Rager also isn't required, but it's REALLY nice. Eater of Magic is simply incredible. Superstition's a hefty penalty to combat buffs/healing, though, so if you're going to do it, commit 100% and use the human favored class to send the bonus skyrocketing, or else don't do it at all. Just IMO.

If not doing the Superstition thing, also consider Clear Mind (1/rage reroll failed will save). Since it's only will, it's basically plainly inferior to Eater of Magic. But if you'll never have the superstition to qualify for Eater of magic anyway, that's kind of moot.

Anditch

First Post
Dont understand. Lame is a curse. Cinder Dance is a mystery. Lev 1 u gain 1 curse 1 mystery. Also were is Metal Oracle cant see it

Varthol

First Post
It is official errata. Oracles with the Lame Curse CANNOT pick the cinder dance revelation from the Flames mystery :3

Metal mystery is in Ultimate Magic, not the APG, if that is what you're looking at.

Make sure to take exotic weapon prof (falcata). Such a :p...

Anditch

First Post
barbarian

Lame oracle cannot take Cinder dance. Go with Metal oracle and Dance of blades for the same effect without this restriction. It may also be worth it to spend a feat for Extra revelation and take Armor mastery for full speed in medium armor.

Thanks for pointing that out changed to DOB in Ult mag

Ramaster

Adventurer
This is no the last time I suggest the Reckless Abandon Rage Power on this forum, nor will it be the last. You will, most of the time, hit with a 2+. This, in turn, will totaly gimp your AC, so there is no need to take defensive options that buff it. Intead, get a Cloak of Displacement (that's an easy 20% miss chance right there), dump DEX and get the highest CON possible to compensate for the extra hits. All in all, the best defense is a kick-ass offense

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases