HM's Age of Worms - restart discussion

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Since this is a Greyhawk game I was thinking of something with ties to the setting and since Alterius is a bard I immediately started thinking about the Fochlucan Lyrist. If you don't mind, I'd like to make a couple modifications to the character to better equip him for this role. I think I will switch his favored class to druid and plan to take Brd2/Drd6/Rog2 before beginning advancement as a Fochlucan Lyrist. This class would be pretty easy to adapt to Pathfinder. I would probably keep most of his stats the same otherwise. I may want to swap his feat for something else. I am not sure I want him to focus on archery. But I will look at the Pf feats a little more carefully and decide about that.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
If DH comes back and wants to resume playing Alterius, I will come up with another character. In the meantime, I will work on tweaking the character to my specifications.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
On my phone so this won't be pretty.

That PrC is ok by me and we can Pathfinder it up a bit later.

Do you want to switch the character to a half-elf? Then you get two favored classes.

Soon as I get home and some sleep will advance the thread.

HM

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I was actually thinking a half elf would be a good fit for the character but wasn't sure whether that would be okay. I will get cracking and give you what I come up with later this week. I am more familiar with 3.5 than Pf but can you select a prestige class as your favored class?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nope selecting a PrC as a favored is not allowed. I know I've tried it too.

Any questions you have on PF let me know. Also try the Pathfinder SRD it has a lot of feats/traits/class & racial features listed.

HM

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Yeah, I am aware of the Pf SRD. I just haven't been keeping up with the game much so it is a lot to digest. My PNP group tried it for a while when it came out and decided we preferred 3.5. I think for right now, I will just play Alterius as he is, but change his favored class to Druid. He would lose 1 hp from what I can tell. Would that be okay?

Also, is the Fochlucan Lyrist acceptable as a long-term option?

Oh, and one other thing, I will be changing his deity to Beory.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Okay, so I decided to make more than a few changes. I altered his Ability Scores to reflect his intention to become a druid (needed a higher Wisdom score). I also swapped out his traits for those I felt fit more in line with the intended direction of the character. I moved some skills around to reflect this as well. I dropped some equipment and picked up a lute to reflect his lowered carrying capacity since I lowered his Strength. Finally I added a background and some more details that were missing. I altered his spells a bit. For some reason he had three 1st level spells, but I am pretty sure bards are only supposed to get two. In Pf, do you get bonus spells known as a spontaneous caster if you have a high related Ability Score? Maybe that was it. Hope these changes are okay.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot-5.html#post6018872

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yeah, I am aware of the Pf SRD. I just haven't been keeping up with the game much so it is a lot to digest. My PNP group tried it for a while when it came out and decided we preferred 3.5. I think for right now, I will just play Alterius as he is, but change his favored class to Druid. He would lose 1 hp from what I can tell. Would that be okay?

All the changes you have made are minor so I have no problem with them.

Also, is the Fochlucan Lyrist acceptable as a long-term option?

Oh, and one other thing, I will be changing his deity to Beory.
Again I see no problem. I will have to add in a college, some NPCs, and a bandore somewhere in the AP but those are fun things to do. ;)

I altered his spells a bit. For some reason he had three 1st level spells, but I am pretty sure bards are only supposed to get two. In Pf, do you get bonus spells known as a spontaneous caster if you have a high related Ability Score? Maybe that was it. Hope these changes are okay.

I think DH had the Expanded Arcana feat but then switched it out. Guess he forgot to take away the bonus spell.

Alterius looks ready to go and I see you posted in the IC. I'll go and update your findings.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looking at the group and if I need to keep playing an NPC.

- half-orc paladin
- human cleric
- elf bard
- half-elf ranger(trapper)
- human sorceress(undead)

I think the group looks good and all bases are covered. Does anyone see anything I don't?

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases