HM's Age of Worms - restart discussion

Disposable Hero

First Post
I can let Fenris take the spot of barbarian, if thats the way he's goin with a ranger already in the party, and instead of having our cleric an NPC I can make one or a halfling bard maybe. The cleric would be buffer/combat oriented and the halfling bard would be archery.

jackslate45

First Post
I will have to pass. Work takes up way too much time for me, and with starting grad school in the fall i would rather keep the games low for now.

Which makes me really sad, because Age of Worms sounded awesome.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Starting from scratch? Shall I level back down to 1?

Aria's post is still at 1st lvl so we will start there. Starting the dungeon over - no. Was thinking of a you have returned after a week back to explore the Whispering Cairn with some new friends.

I can let Fenris take the spot of barbarian, if thats the way he's goin with a ranger already in the party, and instead of having our cleric an NPC I can make one or a halfling bard maybe. The cleric would be buffer/combat oriented and the halfling bard would be archery.

Having a bard and either a paladin or inquisitor should handle the healing. Why not a halfling bard/cleric of Fharlanghn?

I will have to pass. Work takes up way too much time for me, and with starting grad school in the fall i would rather keep the games low for now.

Which makes me really sad, because Age of Worms sounded awesome.

NP I'll put you down for an alt and pm you when I need a player. Maybe you'll be free then.

HM

Disposable Hero

First Post
That's not a bad idea and I thought about it. I think I'll go with it HM. He will start out as a bard and bard will be 70% of his levels but the added bonuses from the cleric domains would be a plus, he would still be an archer. For domains I was thinking Travel, becuase it would go well with a halfling's wonderlust, and Luck, because who's lukier than a halfling?

The cleric levels won't come in until around level 3 I think since level 4 is a 'dead' level for bard and I wouldn't receive anything from it.

Fenris

Adventurer

Thank you DH. I am still leaning barbarian, though looking at a rogue, but don't want to step on hairy bard toes ;) Most likely a barbarian though. Trying to look at archetypes and rage powers and what not.

HM, even though this is Pathfinder it isn't Golarian right? Is there a world or should I be just generic in backstory and what not. And do you want every one to start in a particular area? Just trying to flesh out a concept in my mind.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Thank you DH. I am still leaning barbarian, though looking at a rogue, but don't want to step on hairy bard toes ;) Most likely a barbarian though. Trying to look at archetypes and rage powers and what not.

HM, even though this is Pathfinder it isn't Golarian right? Is there a world or should I be just generic in backstory and what not. And do you want every one to start in a particular area? Just trying to flesh out a concept in my mind.

Not a problem man and its set in Greyhawk.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
We have five players and it looks like no other takers so the party looks to be...

Galyne - half-elf ranger (didn't he have the trapper archtype -I'm not sure.)
Aria - human sorceress(undead)
(Unnamed-Fenris) - human barbarian
(Unnamed-Disposable Hero) - halfling bard(soon to add in cleric)
Torgak - half-orc paladin of St. Cuthbert

I'll be character checking the next two days and start the IC for everyone between TUE night/WED day.

Question out of the characters left in the RG do you think I should play one as an NPC for this adventure. The NPC can come and go as needed. Or do you think the five man group is enough.

HM

ghostcat

First Post
Yes. I changed Gaylne to be a Trapper Ranger as the original party didn't have a rogue. As the party still doesn't have a rogue, I guess I'd better keep the Archetype.

In fact looking in the RG, it looks like Gaylne assumed Trapper as part of the Level 2 update. Which has not been working into the Character Sheet.

So. where do you want me to go from here?

a. Keep original Level 1 Ranger.
b. Roll in Level 2 changes for a Level 2 Ranger (Trapper)
c. Rework original Character as a Level 1 Ranger (Trapper)
d. Leave Level 1 character as-is and wait until he makes Level 2 to take the Archetype.

Your choice HM :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases