Malvoisin's Slumbering Tsar Saga Discussion [PFRPG]

Malvoisin

First Post
I'm considering running a second game. Like the title says, I'm just seeing who might be interested in Slumbering Tsar if I run it. I have other ideas too, but this one just seems to be calling my name. It's a joy to read, and I'll bet a joy to run as well. Here is the product description.

Frog God Games said:
The Sleeper Awakes!
At last, after languishing in its crypt for an age, the secrets of the slumbering city of Tsar burst forth in all their macabre glory. Poured forth from the eldritch furnaces and crucibles of the Necromancer and Orcus himself comes Frog God Games bringing you at long last The Slumbering Tsar Saga.

Something Stirs in the City of Evil
Over the distant northern hills, beyond The Camp, and past the Desolation stand the pitted walls of Tsar. A hundred armies have crushed themselves against this bulwark in futile attempts to breach the city. Even the combined might of the Heavens and Earth were unable to break through in the final battle of Tsar. So why was the city suddenly abandoned on the verge of victory, and what waits for those foolish enough to enter the Temple-City of Orcus?

The Black Gates Await
Only the bravest and most powerful of heroes dare the depths of the Desolation and live to tell of it. But what happens when they penetrate that blasted landscape and look upon the gates of the very center of evil on the earth. Can even heroes of such renown breach the Walls of Death and live?

A few notes to consider before speaking up.

-PCs would begin at 7th level, with the possibility to advance to very high levels (if they survive that long...see below).

-The game is very sand-boxy, and would require the PCs to make a lot of decisions regarding the flow and direction of the game. There are no railroad tracks here.

-The hardbound version of this campaign contains several pages for player obituaries. I'm not sure they included enough. Seriously, this adventure is HARD. Characters WILL die.

All of the above means that experienced players will do better with this campaign than novices, in my opinion. It's old school in the very best of ways.

Sound like fun to anyone?

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Hmm ... let me check the dice.

Ok, 80%. Now I'll look up that result on the table. ...

It says "Hell yeah!"

Edit: I'm thinking half-orc wizard.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'm interested...let me brainstorm ideas.

Summoner, perhaps? Or witch? But we have an arcanist already, so perhaps something doughtier...

I will consider.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well starting at 7th lvl helps draw me in. I have been wondering about my Stalwart Defender build for some time now. This might be a way to finally play it.

Interested: Fighter 7(sword&board)/Stalwart Defender next couple levels to come.

As to the game review it does sound old school. Brave the Desolation lands to enter an abandoned city to find the Black Gate to evil. All in the life of an adventurer.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Thinking about an Oracle of Life, perhaps...but I'm still not totally sold. A druid might be interesting too...

I love pathfinder sorcerors so much though. Perhaps I can get away with one that has a different focus than Kinem's mage...

lol

This part is so hard for me...winnowing down the possibilities.

Malvoisin

First Post
Thinking about an Oracle of Life, perhaps...but I'm still not totally sold. A druid might be interesting too...

I love pathfinder sorcerors so much though. Perhaps I can get away with one that has a different focus than Kinem's mage...

lol

This part is so hard for me...winnowing down the possibilities.
No worries. After the first one dies, you can pick something else. :lol:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases