D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons 3 Movie Trailer

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oops. They've gone and done it again. No, I don't know why either. This chapter of Dungeons & Dragons takes you deeper into the dark and fantastic world of this epic fantasy adventure. A noble warrior must battle dragons and demons while upholding his moral code as he covertly joins a group of villains to rescue his kidnapped father from Shathrax, the Mind Flayer, who threatens to destroy the world.

From what I hear - and I really don't know the truth of this - WotC has zero control over these movies. The rights were sold (or licensed for a period of time) and the publishers of D&D have no input at all. It's used as an opbject lesson in other RPG companies as to what NOT to do with your IP licenses. If you know anything about this, feel free to post it below.

Attachments

• dd3.JPG
    dd3.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

Dragonbait

Explorer
...huh... Well.. At least they got the overabundance of pointy tattoos and piercings correct.

Is the gray guy supposed to be a small Goliath? And is the woman supposed to be a shadar-kai?

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Are they producing these abominations against WotC's will? I can't imagine WotC would consent to these films being made.

Then again, this is the company that licensed 4e's character builder, Daggerdale, D&D Online, Facebook Neverwinter, MtG Tactics, and MtGO. Maybe they're just terrible at making business decisions.

Oh its very real, but has been stuck in development for a year. It was supposed to show on Syfy in december originally.
I have some hopes for this movie, in a so bad its good way, like the first one. But I was disappointed to see the exact same white dragon as in the second movie.

Mercutio01

First Post
Dear god I was hoping it was a prank. I mean, Syfy did just have "Piranhaconda" so it's not like another D&D movie wouldn't continue the trend of crappy movies.

Mr. Patient

Adventurer
It's tough to gauge just from the trailer, but it looks like they've once again managed to make a D&D movie that bears little relationship to the core D&D experience: a small, diverse band of characters exploring some underground environment or ruin. The second movie did this to some extent, at least.

There are already a million terrible generic fantasy films. Why make one called Dungeons & Dragons unless it represents the game as actually played? I don't want to see generic human bad guys, huge pitched battles, or love interests. I want to see five PCs fighting a displacer beast in a cave somewhere. I want to see the characters perform a full cavity search on their slain opponents to recover every last copper piece. I want to see the Shrine of the Kuo-toa or the Slave Pits of the Undercity. And I want to see the PCs bickering over minutiae.

qstor

Adventurer
[MENTION=32442]Kel[/MENTION]vor - so its never coming out? I wish they'd use some of the characters from the last movie. I didn't it it was as bad as the first.

Mike

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases