D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons 3 Movie Trailer

kitsune9

Adventurer
I don't know about this one really. On one hand, I thought the first two movies were campy, but they were watchable. I think this one will be watchable as well, but definitely not worthy of name D&D. I think it's more aptly named Cheap Fantasy Movie 3: Book of Vile Darkness.

For the life of me, I have no idea why none of WotC's books that made the NY Times best seller list were never optioned for scripts. I would have at least started there. The other approach is look at the video games that did really well under license (w.g. Planescape Torment would be my choice to do a movie).

Tsuga C

Adventurer
Ugh!

This is just all kinds of bad, rolled in pointlessness, and steeped in insipidness. And folks wonder why few people over the age of 14 will openly acknowledge being fans of RPGs. :eek:

Tsuga C

Adventurer
The other approach is look at the video games that did really well under license (w.g. Planescape Torment would be my choice to do a movie).

Hear, hear! Planescape came along too late in the scheme of things for TSR to do it true justice, but P:T is a cult classic. I do wonder, though, if the various philosophical and moral absolutes of the Outer Planes would go over well with the masses who've been steeped in a fair bit of relativism throughout their lives. The factions would challenge them, too.

Still, I think it'd be a grand idea to put P:T on the silver screen. :D

Quickleaf

Legend
The other approach is look at the video games that did really well under license (w.g. Planescape Torment would be my choice to do a movie).

Hear, hear! Planescape came along too late in the scheme of things for TSR to do it true justice, but P:T is a cult classic. I do wonder, though, if the various philosophical and moral absolutes of the Outer Planes would go over well with the masses who've been steeped in a fair bit of relativism throughout their lives. The factions would challenge them, too.

Still, I think it'd be a grand idea to put P:T on the silver screen. :D

I've seen it repeated on multiple sites that Planescape Torment sold 400,000 copies, whereas its predecessor Baldur's Gate sold 5 million copies, across various forms (as of 2006). Now that doesn't include digital copies since Torment only became available on GOG in 2009/2010, but consensus seems to be that it was an outstanding game with rather mediocre sales.

So while I love Planescape Torment, I'm not sure it's a winning bet for a big screen adaptation.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases