Converting T1 - Village of Hommlet to D&D Next

Abstruse

Legend
You could probably get away with incomplete excerpts, though. Especially if most of said excerpt is stuff you came up with yourself. Your own updates of monsters, for instance, can hardly be called distribution of DDN material.
Part of the playtest agreement prohibits...wow, I actually just looked at the Playtest Agreement so I could quote the relevant sections and they've completely changed it. Apparently, Hasbro's lawyers got hold of it and turned it into legalese. According to the new wording, I actually can post my modified monsters, but they're instantly owned by Wizards of the Coast under work-for-hire provisions...which, as a writer currently working on a fantasy novel, actually scares me more than just "don't do it".

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Part of the playtest agreement prohibits...wow, I actually just looked at the Playtest Agreement so I could quote the relevant sections and they've completely changed it. Apparently, Hasbro's lawyers got hold of it and turned it into legalese. According to the new wording, I actually can post my modified monsters, but they're instantly owned by Wizards of the Coast under work-for-hire provisions...which, as a writer currently working on a fantasy novel, actually scares me more than just "don't do it".

Yikes. Really, really don't post anything you've WRITTEN, then. You're probably not planning to self-publish a book of monsters, though, so it sounds like you can share those and let WotC have 'em. It's not like they're not going to make them up themselves anyway.

I tried to create a Bestiary so someone could simply run Village of Hommlet as is, but with new stats. Here it is using the 10/8/12 playtest packet as the target. I added 20 hit points to each encounter, since the D&D Next players do that much more damage than their OD&D or AD&D counterparts. I also gave the monsters +2 to hit.

It's got Ghouls, Green Slimes, Giant Frogs, Lareth the Beautiful etc.

Attachments

• DnD Next - The Village of Hommlet Bestiary.docx
    41 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases