Playtest Update

We've had a few weeks pass since the public playtest started, and Mike's going to take this opportunity to give you all some information about what we're addressing now that we've received valuable feedback from those who are participating in the playtest. With 60% of people happy with the way D&D Next is headed, the playtester feedback has revealed the following list of focus areas:
  • Combat options (tactical and narrative rules modules)
  • Fighter options
  • Surprise
  • Critical hits
  • Skills
  • Resting and healing
The next version of the playtest rules should be expected by the end of summer, if not sooner.

Read Playtest Update on D&D Insider here!

Last edited by a moderator:

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Wow, only 60% is happy with the direction DDN is headed. And they are spinning this as a GOOD thing. Less than two thirds. I would be willing to bet a good portion of that 40% is 4E fans. So much for unification. They seem to be trying to unify with an axe.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
Wow, only 60% is happy with the direction DDN is headed. And they are spinning this as a GOOD thing. Less than two thirds. I would be willing to bet a good portion of that 40% is 4E fans. So much for unification. They seem to be trying to unify with an axe.

facepalm.jpg

Really, words fail me...

Warder

DNH

First Post
Legends and Lore (25 June 2012) - Playtest Update

Mike Mearls has posted the latest Legends and Lore article and it is an update on the playtest, including some interesting information from the surveys. I mean, apparently "many people don't like the surprise rules" - What is wrong with you people!?

Baumi

Adventurer
I don't get that either. The -20 initative on Surprise is one of the easiest and elegant suprise Rules that I have seen..

I also find it sad that the next playtest material will take a few months to come out, I really hoped for a monthly (small) update, like higher level or a new Adventure...

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I really like the surprise rules (simple and straightforward; me likey), but my players found them lacking. They felt they should get advantage on surprise. But then, it's quickly become apparent that they feel that everything should give them advantage.

jbear

First Post
oO Err ... how did you manage to make something bad out of the fact that 60% are happy with their first playtest. They aren't going to get it right with the first try. That's the point of the playtest.

I'm a 4e fan. I am quite happy with the new direction with a few caveats. Well quite a few, but they are all things that I can sense will be addressed once their is a solid core to build upon. So I remain interested, and open to giving my feedback.

I thought that was a very interesting update. It falls into line with pretty much all of the comments I made, so I'm pretty happy. I think it's really great what they are doing. They deserve applause for the spirit they are handling this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases