D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 3.5 Edition Reprints

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

3.5 Edition Reprints

We're pleased to offer 3.5 Edition Core Rulebook premium reprints releasing this September! These 3.5 Edition premium reprints feature new covers, gilded edges, and the latest errata. So, be sure to pick yours up at your friendly local book or gaming store!

Read 3.5 Edition Reprints on D&D Insider here!

Hooray!
    Rab
    The Incomparably Shrewd and Clever

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

° Ignore TerraDave
    My communities:

WotC own it and created it...they should sell it if there are buyers. Good for them.
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

° Ignore ChainSawHobbit
    This is kind of sad. It seems almost like they are telling us Fourth Edition was a mistake. It also looks like they are trying to win back some of the fanbase that gravitated towards Pathfinder. I seriously doubt it will work.

Lama (Lvl 13)

I Defended The Walls!

° Ignore UngeheuerLich
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainSawHobbit View Post
    This is kind of sad. It seems almost like they are telling us Fourth Edition was a mistake. It also looks like they are trying to win back some of the fanbase that gravitated towards Pathfinder. I seriously doubt it will work.
    Why?

I rather see it as:

Hey, we made a mistake in not supporting earlier editions. Rest calm, we won┤t stop selling 4e when 5e is released. Dear customer, it is your choice which version of the game you want to play.

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

OSR

° Ignore mach1.9pants
    And 2E and Rules Cyclopaedia too WotC! Muchos money there, esp in the RC IMO.
    Gloria Finis

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore Sonny
    Quote Originally Posted by UngeheuerLich View Post
    Why?

I rather see it as:

Hey, we made a mistake in not supporting earlier editions. Rest calm, we won┤t stop selling 4e when 5e is released. Dear customer, it is your choice which version of the game you want to play.
    This is what I'd like to see. Especially since they're so intent on giving 5e a lighter release schedule then 4e. There should be plenty of months were a 5e product won't be scheduled for released, but a favorite 1e or 3e book getting republished that month can fill that gap nicely.

Supporting D&D as a whole (regardless of edition) is something that should have been done back in the early 2000s.

Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

Circvs MaximvsForgotten RealmsD&D

° Ignore El Mahdi

D&D 3.5E Reprints coming in September...

Outstanding! Woo Hoo!

I'm really starting to like this new WotC. Thay ain't perfect, but they're certainly trying. Good Job!
    Last edited by El Mahdi; Monday, 25th June, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Guide (Lvl 11)

° Ignore Dire Bare
    Quote Originally Posted by joebobodo View Post
    Ah, the sweet smell of desperation.
    EDIT: My reply was too cranky, just tired of the constant and ridiculous WotC hate. Yeah, I know, welcome to the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by UngeheuerLich View Post
    Why?

I rather see it as:

Very few gaming companies support past editions of their games. WotC, and TSR before them, never really have, and really, aren't now. As I noted above, these are core book reprints only, with maybe a "Best Of" compilation at some point.

Not supporting older editions isn't a mistake, but rather a choice. A common one, and probably a smart one. I'm glad they are releasing limited edition reprints of the 1E and 3E core books, and I hope they follow up with 2E, "BECMI", and even the original pamplets! Even one for 4E (maybe merging the original core books with the Essentials updates)! But I wouldn't expect much beyond that, except for possibly opening up the back catalog again for digital sales.
    Last edited by Dire Bare; Monday, 25th June, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    Hi, my real name is Brian Zuber.
    Fan of all D&D editions and campaign settings. Really!

Suggested reading for the edition warrior:

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

° Ignore johnsemlak
    My communities:

Undoubtedly they are trying to win over customers; that's sort of their business objective. There's nothing 'sad' about that.

I'm not sure I buy the 'it means 4e was a mistake' idea though. If so, then what does releasing the 1e books mean?

WotC knows there's still demand for 3.5 books out there (because it's obvious) so why not sell some?

Obviously, it also strengthens the image of D&D next as 'bringing the editions together'.

I actually see this as a sign that 4e may continue to be somewhat supported in the Next era.
    Currently selling my D&D collection in Moscow--see the Legacy forums.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast