D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Edition Reprints

We're pleased to offer 3.5 Edition Core Rulebook premium reprints releasing this September! These 3.5 Edition premium reprints feature new covers, gilded edges, and the latest errata. So, be sure to pick yours up at your friendly local book or gaming store!

Read 3.5 Edition Reprints on D&D Insider here!

am181d

Adventurer
Now if they could only sell me some well indexed PDFs!

I was took the linked survey, and I was interested to see that they might release more material, including (if the last question is asking what I think it's asking) potentially some "Best Of" type compendiums.

One of the reasons I still play 3.5 is that I like the fact that it's a "done" edition. If they could get the existing rules into a more condensed accessible form, that would be even better. (For example, by getting all the base classes into one book and all the prestige classes into another -- no idea if the math makes sense for that or not.)

Ashilyn

First Post
I definitely smell some "Best of 3.5" compilations and reprints coming. And this after 1E, I wonder how long it'll be until 2E gets reprints? Though this all makes sense with the design philosophy of Next, at the same time doesn't it seem counter intuitive to release past editions when you're trying to draw those same fans into your new edition with promises of content they'll feel familiar with?

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
Apparently I gave my 3.5E books to my brother (I say apparently because I had them, they disappeared, and were found at his apartment, but this was after 4E had come out, so no big deal), so I will pick a set of these up. I wonder if they are keeping the regular cover art of doing something similar to what they are doing with the 1E reprints.

To WotC:
shut-up-money.jpg

This is kind of sad. It seems almost like they are telling us Fourth Edition was a mistake. It also looks like they are trying to win back some of the fanbase that gravitated towards Pathfinder. I seriously doubt it will work.
Why?

I rather see it as:

Hey, we made a mistake in not supporting earlier editions. Rest calm, we won´t stop selling 4e when 5e is released. Dear customer, it is your choice which version of the game you want to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases