D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Edition Reprints

prosfilaes

Adventurer
*And not even a PDF version, since that was exactly the rationale they used for the Dragon Archive, and it failed there.

(Incidentally, that would also explain why the PDFs disappeared so suddenly, and why they haven't reappeared (and never will). WotC got hit hard over the Dragon Archive, but they may not have realised that the same issue applied to their PDFs. If one of their legal team spotted the issue, that would have necessitated an urgent recall...)

Greenberg v. National Geographic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a lawsuit resolved in 2008 that said that the National Geographic DVDs were legit reprints of the original magazines that NG had a right to make. Whatever the issues over Dragon were, they're likely to be gone, with the probable exception of the issues with certain comics that I believe covered this question in their contract with Wizards.

delericho

Legend
Greenberg v. National Geographic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is a lawsuit resolved in 2008 that said that the National Geographic DVDs were legit reprints of the original magazines that NG had a right to make.

Now that is interesting. I presume, therefore, that WotC settled with Kenzer rather than fighting it out.

Also, that would seem to indicate that reprinting the Dragon CD-ROM, doing a "Dragon Archive II", or doing a "Dungeon Archive" would all be at least possible. 'cos I'd happily pay for the latter two of those.

vonschlick

Explorer
Does anyone know how these will compare with the Special Edition 'Black' collectors PHB,DMG,MM. They also had current errata fixed in them. Will the errata fixes be different?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases