Chicago Gameday 32 is July 14th - SIGN UP TO PLAY

hujraadjohaansen

First Post
A LOT of Thanks

Hey all-

I just wanted to thank you for the support. I remember being so annoyed when I saw someone else had used the word Hybrid to name their game. I became frustrated when I actually read it and realized it just schizophrenic ramblings rather than a real game system. I would have renamed it, but I have been running it at GenCon since 2000 and the people that return to play actually look for the words HiBRiD or Canyonside when registering...sigh...Gotta get that logo done...

Also, thanks for mentioning the blog. I stopped posting on facebook mostly when they started their Timeline format. I pretty much feed my blog posts (and tweets to some extent) to it and just use the site for distributing materials at con time. The blog allows me to more easily control and deliver game development info and share what I consider the Spirit of HiBRiD outside of the game rules. I try to post to it every day I get inspired or get a portion of the game book done.

Finally, thank you for noticing that people had a good time at game day 31; it is a very free-form game, and once players see what the game lets them do, they definitely get into it! I often find myself explaining to new players, that in HiBRiD, you NEVER ask "Can I do this", you ask "How many points of Ie' or what will it TAKE to do this". I'm at the point at the con now where I have enough return players where I can fill 4-6 events with 12 players each, so there must be SOMETHING they like :).

See you all at the table!!

Oh, also, just for the record, I will not be canceling the event unless I am at 0 players 15 minutes past go-time...too much work went into the new character sheets! :) It is not in the spirit of HIBRiD to quit, regardless of the number of mooks or the power level of the bad guys....HiBRiD players don't quit, they MAKE it happen!!!

buzz

Adventurer
Oh, also, just for the record, I will not be canceling the event unless I am at 0 players 15 minutes past go-time...too much work went into the new character sheets! :) It is not in the spirit of HIBRiD to quit, regardless of the number of mooks or the power level of the bad guys....HiBRiD players don't quit, they MAKE it happen!!!

That's the spirit.

hosidax

First Post
It's been a while since I've gamed, and I only have limited experience with Savage Worlds ... but please sign me up for Morning Game 3: Goblins.
Thanks.

rowport

First Post
Count Me In...

...for Mark CMG's killer dungeon in the afternoon.

Admittedly, I am daunted by taking on this: "It's time to test your mettle against one of the most dangerous adventures ever devised." And with only three players I am shaking in my little leather booties.

But then, I don't need to be the fastest-- just faster than the rest of the party when I run away and hide. I mean, 'tactically retreat.'

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases