Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle is shocked by the appearance of the supervillains. Where the hell did they come from? They obviously had no reservations about hurting or killing others.

There is no way we can fight them. That one woman has a gun on her arm but that's about it. That one guy just ducked behind the van to try to call for help. Even if he does get through, b the time the cops get here it will be too late. Lots of people will get hurt or killed before then. Maybe we can distract them long enough for the cops to get here though. If that one guy runs around fast and that other guy can hit them with that goo on his hands. I can throw fastballs at them. There must be some rocks or something I can throw at them.

Kyle starts to look around the immediate area for baseball sized or slightly smaller rocks to throw at the villains in an effort to distract them from hurting or killing any innocents.

"Hey glue guy! Do you think you can throw that goo at them? Maybe it will slow them down. If we can distract these a-holes long enough maybe it will give the police enough time to get here. Speedy guy, can you run around fast enough to cause a dust storm? It will hamper their vision and their breathing. I'm going to try to distract them by throwing rocks at them."

OOC: If Kyle is able to find some appropriate sized rocks, he will start throwing them at the bad guys. They will be covered in a layer of ice once he throws them (Energy Control-Cold Ice Balls). My initiative and attack rolls are listed below. I wasn't sure if I should use the attack modifier for the energy control or his throwing modifier so I included both.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
An idea starts tickling in Michelle's brain as she watches the others try to step up and fight. She knew two of these 'villains,' and knew that they were dangerous...but essentially bullies. They'd gleefully wield their power over those they saw as weaker, but would back down in a hurry if they thought they were even evenly matched.

She had no respect for bullies.

Last time two of them had retreated because she'd managed to make her hands glow threateningly, and had faced them down without showing fear.

Now they had help, so something more complex was called for. She'd been working on controlling this glow thing while everyone talked. She felt like she was starting to understand what she was doing a little better. Was it enough though?

She had to try.

It's not just a glow. It's light. That's what I feel buzzing in the back of my head. It's like...I can feel it back there. Not just see it, but feel it. Change it. Control it. So if I can do that...then...

A glow was the least of the possibilities of that.

She concentrated on the band of 'supervillains' and tried to sort through the frantic ululating hiss and wail of light in her mind. Subtlety would be very hard to accomplish...but this time her intentions were anything but subtle...

Suddenly there was a black hemisphere around the supervillains. An area where all light suddenly avoided. A bright ring surrounded it, where the light that would normally have gone in was diverted...making it look like there was a spotlight focused on it. Inside it was cold and dark.

Cold prickles went down Michelle's spine even as she was elated by her success. I did that...I did it on PURPOSE. What else can I do? Where are the limits?

"That'll only keep them busy for a few seconds," Michelle said to the others near her. "We have that long to come up with a plan."

(Concealment, Total...Attack and Burst effect. Rank 2, normal sight only. Area is a 30' radius centered to affect as many supervillains as possible. No normal sight is possible into or out of the field.)

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
John was making his way to the nearest people requiring aid when all of a sudden he heard a ruckus. He turns his head to notice other powered up people killing harmless civilians for no reason. The girl who mentions that they should help shouts up, standing up up for others. John attempts to return back to the girl's side to help.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The superhero face off...

On one side of the plaza stands six strangers suddenly full of powers and questions. As they tried to help those hurt during the Silver Storm another group of altered people emerges... The Stormers

52798d1348197315-off-war-houserules-stormers.jpg

Michelle's darklight slows the evil group down bring a small pause to the action. It doesn't last long but gives all of you time to regroup.

[sblock=OOC]
Going to "re-start" combat. So everyone roll INIT and give me your Defenses in a stat block please. And I think this might go smoother as a type of one on one combat - so pick an opponent and that will be who you face off with for a few rounds. Marcus is the extra man so he will run support as best he can.

"Good Guys" -
James Marks:
Kyle:
Jacie:
Marcus:
Michelle:
John:

Stormers -
Angus: laser beamer who destroyed cop car
Harry: brown man with octopus arms
Elanie: clawed fur ball who leaped with one jump to the roof of a building
Chad: wannabe goth who calls himself Lord Etheric with "mystic goo" power
Chelsea: floating blonde who seems to have a new magnetic personality
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"What the hell?!?" Jacie jumps up on the hood of the truck to get a better view, jostling the vehicle, and causing the radio to spark to life.

"Madame, might I suggest you finish powering up before picking a fight with these ruffians? While sub par, they do appear capable of inflicting bodily harm."
As Dante speaks, mental instructions of what to do flood Jacie's brain, and her eyes widen. "Ohh..." She reaches up and grasps her lucky D-pad, and with a flash of light she is transformed.
Her clothing is replaced by a suit of high-tech armour, the majority of which is almost embarrassingly revealing, with a sci-fi helmet now covering her face, and knee-high boots.

"Yeah, OK.. lets do this."
Jacie's arm cannon makes an ominous sound as it charges up, and she levels it at the goth. "Hey Darth Emo and the Special Squad! Why don't you grow a pair and leave the injured kids alone? What's wrong, don't think you can stand up to a girl?"

OOC:
Initiative 25 (Rolled is 21 but that was before I took Improved Initiative.)
Defenses:
Dodge +11, Parry +11, Toughness + 9

*Revamping in light of characters power up*
Move action: Transform!
Standard action: Jacie will try to use her Taunt advantage on Darth Emo.(Lord Etheric). Insight or will vs DC 24. (Assuming you let me keep the first roll I made). Failure means -2 circumstance penalty on all checks till my next round.
Free action: Use Assessment advantage on him.. It says the GM is supposed to make the check in secret, my Insight (+12) vs his Deception. I have Skill Mastery for a 22 if you'll allow it.

Also, if you'd allow it, I'd like my minion Dante to spend his entire action using Assessment on each of them, as he sizes up the whole group (Normally it's a free action once per round, was wondering if you'd allow full action for multiples) He has +15 insight and Skill mastery, which he always uses as part of his 'meticulous computer' aspect, so that's a 25 vs their bluff.

And here's my feature battle music that starts blaring for no apparent reason. ;)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNkIM7pcYE&feature=BFa&list=PLDA099DF1EDABF33C[/ame]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Greyhound

Adrenaline finally kicks in and slows the world around Jim to a halt. In the time between heartbeats, he rummages through his backpack and gets his protective gear (that also work as a disguise) and his fighting sticks.

[sblock=OOC]

---

HP 1

conditions: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
FORTITUDE 10 - WILL 10
DODGE 15 - PARRY 15
TOUGHNESS 5/3* *Without Costume
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Even though John is usually a slow to react kind of guy, he stands his ground by the girl. "Yeah! Er ... what she said!"

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle clearly sees the bullies coming their way. They were causing more property damage in addition to what had been caused by the storm. If that wasn't bad enough, they were harming some of the injured and uninjured people in the area. Even though he didn't really think he had a chance at stopping them, he felt he had to try. In his mind, he wasn't a hero but he couldn't just stand around and watch bullies hurt people. Even if those bullies could tear apart metal like tissue paper or leap tall buildings in a single bound or fire freakin laser beams.

[sblock=Defenses]

Defenses:
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10/9, Will 8
[/sblock]

"Hey Laser Lad! Why don't you fight someone who can fight back or are you chicken?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Kyle vs "Laser Lad"

"Dude, I'm no lad I'm more like a freak'n light show on overdrive! Yeah, call me LIGHTSHOW !"

And to prove his point he let's out a display that puts a rock concert to shame.

OOC: Need an Insight check vs DC 18 or lose standard action for the round. Then your up.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases