Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Lightshow vs Kyle

While Kyle trys to fight off the effects of the spotlight, Lightshow takes the advantage and shots a deadly laser right at the nearly helpless man.

The beam knocks the wind out of Kyle but he keeps standing. <failure by one degree>

OOC: Everyone is up now as they rest of you go before your opponent.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
"It would seem you underestimated your oponent, Madame" Dante's AI voice chimes in as Jacie struggles against the crystal.

The clearing is filled with the sound of Jacie's cannon charging up, the raw energy cracking the crystal so she can burst out.

"Maybe.. But I'm not through yet!"

Jacie levels her cannon at Lord Etheric with a cocky Grin, and unleashes the fully charged blast in his direction.

OOC:
Using a HP to increase the Effect up by 2.
Wow.. She hits a 26, and with Imp CritX2 on her Charge Shot, that 18 will be a Crit (Assuming 26 hits).
SO Darth Emo needs a DC 34 Toughness save, and as he's demoralized till the end of my turn, he takes a -2 circumstance penalty to checks.. Not sure if that counts Saves..

Defences:
Dodge/Parry: 21 (+11 for saves)
Toughness: +9; Fort +8, Will + 12

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
This is like some kind of fever dream, Michelle thought through the haze of adrenalin and panic. I may need a shrink. This cannot be a good sign.

She raised her own hand...not even sure WHY, because it wasn't coming from her hand, it was coming from that burning twisting ball in the back of her mind, but it felt right to do it...and tried to fire another laser beam. This time though all that came out was light.

Really really bright light. Right into Death Magnetic's face.

At the same time, her desire to hide had another effect...though she didn't realize it immediately. She disappeared. Later on, as she experimented with it, she'd realize that this wasn't bending light around her, or becoming transparent. Rather, that knot of fire in her brain 'read' light as it approached her, then 'edited' the light as it was reflected off of her so as to remove her from sight. For now though, it's enough to say that she seemed to simply evaporate from view as she circled warily around the hovering harridan.

(Dazzle is a selective burst effect that is tuned to only affect Death Magnetic. Affliction 10, using the Dazzle rules from the sidebar. Reflex save vs the Area Effect to reduce the rank, then Fortitude to resist the effect. Then Concealment is turned on, and she moves around about 15 feet in a rough circle around her foe.)

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle is temporarily stunned by the laser blast from the bully calling himself Lightshow. Well, at least he had his attention so helpless people wouldn't get hurt.

"Lightshow huh? More like Dim Bulb to me. I don't like bullies, never have. You and your friends are nothing but bullies. In my experience, bullies are nothing but cowards trying to act tough by picking on others. I'm here to stop you."

Suddenly, Kyle realized a baseball sized ball of ice was in his pitching hand. He knew exactly what he had to do. He was blessed with a great pitching arm for a reason, he just never considered it would be used to fight a super-villain.

With a look of determination on his face as if he was pitching in the bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, and 2 outs for the World Series, he hurled a fastball at the freak.

Walking Dad

First Post
Greyhound

Jim takes on his feral opponent. He tries to use his speed to confuse her, but he is still new to the powers and a bit clumsy, but this doesn't seem to be a problem, as his super quick blows are hard to avoid.

[sblock=OOC]

Active Arrays:
Quickness 10, Speed 15
Fast Attack

took -5 penalty to feint as a move action, but rolled only a 3.
Standard action attack hits parry 30. If he succeeded by 2 degrees or more, the toughness DC increases. Normally, she has to save vs DC 24 (thanks to power attack).

---

HP 1

conditions: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
FORTITUDE 10 - WILL 10
DODGE 15 - PARRY 15
TOUGHNESS 5/3* *Without Costume
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jacie vs Lord Etheric

The blast of energy from Jacie's cannon lights up the area as the beam shoots directly towards the floating goth. The crackle of energy seems to pass right through him and off towards the sky. The boy's hair stands on end and light comes out of his eyes and mouth as the energy fills his ethereal body to the point of sending him into shock.

"Excellent shot," her A.I. says casually. "Scan complete, read-out of abilities pending."

[sblock=Computer Layout]
Code:
[U]
Designation     Dodge Parry  Will Tough Fort[/U]
Death Magnetic   08     08    13    12   06
Darth Emo        08     08    13    10   04
Mongoose         11     11    08    10   7/4*
Octaman          09     09    06    10   07
Lightshow        12     12    11    05   03

*without defensive roll
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] The goth has Etherealness: Impervious Protection 6; Did I get it right that your power is Damage 12 (so half is 6) and thus he is unaffected by it?

Left it open so if I'm wrong I can post him being affected.[/sblock]

OOC: Still need John's action for the round.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Greyhound vs Mongoose

Jim rains blow after blow on the wild looking "wolf-girl" and she rolls with a few, but there are to many to dodge them all. <failure by one degree>

"You are fast and slippery like a snake. What are you some sort of Cobra-Ki wannabe?" she says lashing out with her claws where she thinks the speedster will end up. "Even snakes have predators. And since I'm all furry now, I'm yours. Your Mongoose!"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: actually it's quite the opposite. Impervious makes you immune to effects that are half or less of the impervious rank, so at rank 6 he'd be immune to rank 3 or LOWER damage effects.. Basically normal people or guns.
Also the hero point stunt upped her attacks effect to 14, and I believe crits count toward impervious. If so, he'd need rank 38 impervious, and even not counting either,with her base rank 12 effect, you would need impervious rank 24 or higher to be immune to it.

Jemal

Adventurer
Jacie lets out a triumphant laugh as her foe sucks the blasts full force. "YEAH! .. Oh hey, this things got a display? Cool.. Hmm.."
"HEY, KYLE! Light-chick may be hard to hit, but my suit says she's got a glass jaw!
And Michelle, that magneto-girl wannabe has thick armour, but she shouldn't be able to move around very well.
John.. Don't worry, Squidley the hentai monster is a pushover, you'll kick his butt!"

She starts calling out advice to her team-mates, hoping to give them some aid while simultaneously unerving/annoying the opponents.

"Hey Dante, any ideas on that feral chick? She actually looks competent.. and dangerous.." She whispers to her AI

OOC:
Out of sequence, but it's just fluff and speech, so hope it's not a problem. :) Italics = telepathic/private communication with her AI.

I believe with 4 failures on his toughness check(under 19), he's incapacitated, which will last for a minute before he gets a recovery check (Barring healing/regen). Unless you'd like to GM Fiat him not being toast, and give me my hero point back. ;)

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
Breaking free from what could have been a scary tentacle experience and attempting to recover from the attack, John surprises even himself. "Huh ... that could have gone worse ... Oh right!" He retaliates with his new found strength.

OOC: Sorry for the long delay, John is up to date.

[sblock=Status]
Damage: 10
Dodge: 6
Parry: 7
Toughness: 10
Impervious: 10
Fort: 10
Will: 6
Condition:
Saves Penalty:
[/sblock]

Last edited: