Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
John vs Harry

John watches as the brown octopus-like man uses his four squid like arms to smash a nearby car. "Get lost you chumps or you'll get the same!" he yells back at him.

OOC: Rolling intimidate, Need your opposed check and then your up BBs

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
James vs Elaine

OOC: Not rolling init can't beat a 30 so James has gone and suited up. Elaine's turn.

From her perch on the top of the building the Elaine notices James "quick change" but failed to get a look at the man's face before he finished. What truly draws her eye is the eskrima sticks he now holds.

Leaping down to land as easily as a cat before the startled James she hiss and almost growls out, "What have we here? Someone who thinks he's a weapon master? Ha! I can take you with one claw behind my back."

OOC: Please hold till everyone is done round 1 before you post for James's round 2 actions.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jacie vs Lord Etheric

OOC: Going to let he assessment go for now as these are "under powered" villains compared to the PCs. You can just ask which Defenses you wish to know about each round and I'll tell you it for each villain.

"It's Lord Etheric. Do you hear me insect? LORD ETHERIC!" <taunt successful>

As Lord Etheric hovers above the battlefield he waves an angry hand at Jacie. A strange black energy flies forth from his fingers and engulfs her before she can didge out of it's path. To her shock she is trapped inside a giant black teardrop shaped crystal. <to escape must beat Toughness 8>

OOC: Please wait to go for your round 2 until I can get everyone finished with round 1 thanks.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Michelle vs. Chelsea

As Michelle stands stunne dnot knowing if she has become gifted or been cursed the blonde woman comes floating up before her.

"Trying to make me look like a fool? Well you are about to die, for death is drawn to me like metal to a magnetic. Yes that's who I am now. Now and forever! I am Death Magnetic!"

Suddenly cars, chairs, tables, lamp posts, and anything else not nailed down is lifted into the air and stands poised above the small Asian-American.

OOC: Your up she spent the round gathering material for a very big attack.

Shayuri

First Post
Michelle's mouth drops open, aghast, at the spectre confronting her. Unlike previously, this was not just a psycho bully with some unusual abilities. This was a force of nature. She was going to die.

She was going to be killed by someone who called themselves 'Death Magnetic.'

It would be like getting killed by a YouTube comments troll. Pop a few numbers or alt-characters, or maybe a phonetic spelling or two in there, and it could be a Twitter handle. D3thM@gn2tik.

Oh, not EVEN.

Michelle was not given to rash, impulsive action...but this time she didn't try to plan or THINK about doing. She just DID. She was surprised to find that the powers she'd struggled with consciously suddenly seemed to snap together and surge...far easier to control when she stopped TRYING to control them and simply allowed them to work.

She broke and ran left. Another her split off and ran right. Now there were two identical copies of Michelle, standing to either side of Death Magnetic. On sudden instinct she started jumping up and down and calling, "Hey, you call that a name? I've got a two year old niece who could think of a better name than that! Death Magnetic? Really? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?"

Meanwhile, the other Michelle lifted her hand...and a pulse of brilliant, tightly focused light flashed out of it, burning an ionized trail through the air with a noise like a thunderclap and the smell of burnt ozone!

(OOC - Okay! Michelle uses Illusion to create a duplicate of herself, then moves herself one way and her dupe the other. She then does her 'hey look at me' trick, and fires a laser at Death Magnetic. Her laser is Indirect 4, meaning it can originate from a location other than her, and fire in any direction from that origin point. In this case, the origin point is her illusion, and it fires towards Death.

The goal here is to get Death to think she pulled a distraction gambit...distracting her with a loudmouth duplicate while blasting her with her true self. Since her illusion is sustained, I -think- she can pull this off. If I'm wrong I will revise my action. :))

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: actually, with his speed (Quickness), suiting up (a routine task) is a free action. As a full round, he could have sewn and build his stuff ;)

BBs

First Post
John watches as the octopus thing smashes a car. "You think that's scary? Wait till you get a load of me, in fact, BRING IT!" John charges toward the octo-freak!

OOC: assuming he's within charging distance.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Harry vs John

Bringing up two tentacles before him the squid man blocks John's fist.

"Ha! You want to fight me. You'll need more arms!"

As the two tentacles slam at John, another pair come up behind to try and wrap themselves around him. The squid like limbs wrap around John's arms, chest, and waist. And for a moment he think the freak will squeeze the life out of him.

With a burst of super-strength John breaks free and startles everyone, including himself.

OOC: Action: attack and grapple using Fast Grab advantage

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Death Magnetic vs Michelle

Michelle's laser is deflected by debris as Death Magnetic gathered all the metal within reach of her power.

And when the huge ball of razor sharp metal is ready the floating villainess drops the two ton ball right atop Michelle's illusion.

The crash is loud and pieces of metal and glass fly in all directions.

After the dust settles, Death Magnetic spots the real Michelle. "You are so going to die!" she says through clenched teeth.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases