Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

Jemal

Adventurer
"Unbelievable.. " Jacie pokes John and motions towards Michelle. "Can you believe her? A pair of hot celebrities over here and she starts addressing the crowd? Not even introducing who we are, just 'move along nothing to see'? Come on, this is a PERFECT PR position! We gotta get the word out there!" She glances over at Marcus, his camera on Michelle's illusion. "We should be doing interviews, talking to the press, building the hype! I mean come on we're HEROES.. SUPER HEROES! And seriously, 'Kitsune', come on.. there's like 2 heroes a villain and a popstar in Tokyo already fighting over that name, and she wants to throw her hat in that ring? Whatever.. not even her, hiding behind a damn illusion!"

Jacie jabs John in the side roughly - fortunately his improved physique means he barely feels it "You know what, you should totally go steal the show, just walk up and do your 'hey i'm John Sears, I'm hot and famous' thing! Just head on over and.. "
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
"Pardon the interuption madam, but my sensors are indicating that there are several places that could use some.. 'heroism'. Several bystanders are still trapped under heavy debris, something with which Mister Sears could be of great assistance, and there is also a blockage preventing the service vehicles from coming closer, which I'm certain our considerable abilities could reconcile."

Jacie looks around, seemingly just noticing that there are still injured people everywhere and blushes with guilt, though her Visor manages to hide most of it.
Clearing her throat guiltily, she shrugs at John "Right.. guess we'll do the saving bit while she's busy talking.." She coughs awkwardly, nods at him, and dash-leaps away in the direction indicated by Dante.

Once she arrives near the location, she sizes up the area and nods "K, path clearing here we come." She rushes towards a large chunk, draging her beam saber along the ground, leaving a smoking trail and shouting "Steer clear people, in about 10 seconds everything along this line gets vapourized!" Before leaping over the large pile of burning rubble "There's nobody in there right?" "Affirmative madam, my sensors indicate no life signs."

Jacie switches to her cannon mid-jump, and lands in front of an ambulance already half charged, facing the rubble "Just a sec guys, I'll have a road for you soon!" She shouts to the paramedics who're piling out of the ambulance to go around. A few seconds later, her charge is full and she unleashes it (as soon as Dante assures her that her firing arc is clear), the stream of plasma incinerating the rubble and leaving a rough but drivable path. She turns and salutes the medics with her free hand, then leaps off again, spending the next - minutes? hours? She looses track of time - finding and helping where she can, cutting lamp posts off pinned victims with her saber, blowing down doors, and making new ones when need be.

OOC:
The big blast is just for show, most of the real work will be done with her Saber (for more precision).
Jacie's still got some 'luck' left, so not sure if you'll allow it, but she's definitely the kind that would make sure she's doing a fantastic job on this, flourishes and thumbs up and everything. If you do let me use a luck for reroll, she gets 23, otherwise 19. The DC was 15, so it's pretty much just for showing off and looking cool. ;)

Also noticed that I can see through Michelle's invisibility but not her Illusions, so Jacie's using per deductive reasoning to figure out that the image is fake and real Michelle's standing behind it.

Last edited:

BBs

First Post
John turns to the girl poking at him and listens. "Yeah I know! Unbelievable, we're the celebs the people want, eh? The nerve! I mean -" As he gets interrupted by the voice from the little girl, he too blushes but with no mask to cover his face, it is very visible. He clears his throat "Right, people in danger, saving, yeah ... Awww my sun glasses broke, luckily I always carry a spare!" He pulls from his pocket another pair of sunglasses somehow not damaged at all, wow! Seeing how one girl is doing the talking, and one girl is doing the clearing, he decides to go to the debris. "It's Johnny Sears time!" He listens intently for any helpless victims! Just then he hears even more victims trapped down even deeper and starts the heavy lifting to free the people.

OOC: Going to do The Weight, made my perception check. Now for another matter, I have an effective strength level of 11 with power lifting when it comes to lifting and carrying. With the DC being 10, do I have to roll still or do I just nail it?

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle looked around the area. The super powered bullies had run away, for now anyway. The others had started doing things to help the survivors. One of the women was addressing the crowd, trying to get them to leave the area. Others were moving debris and freeing trapped people.

He didn't have enhanced strength so lifting the heavy debris was not an option. Public speaking wasn't his forte either. However, there were some fires burning and he could at least try to put those out.

He quickly made his way to the nearest one and took a moment to consider how he was going to fight the fire. He really didn't know the extent of his new abilities yet but since he could generate balls of ice, it seemed logical to conclude he could generate sheets of ice. He could then place the sheets of ice over the fire and when they melted, it would quench the blaze.

Kyle concentrated and pictured in his mind a large sheet of ice roughly 6 inches thick, hovering about a foot above the fire. With luck, his plan would work.

OOC: Using Create to make a large sheet of ice above the fire and then drop it onto the fire.

Walking Dad

First Post
Greyhound

Greyhound is a mere gray haze as he zooms around, searching for wounded and bringing them to doctors, emergency rooms and other places they can get the help they need.

[sblock=OOC]

sorry for the short post. Will be back fully in December.

Active Arrays:
Quickness 10, Speed 15
Fast Attack

---

HP 1

conditions: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
FORTITUDE 10 - WILL 10
DODGE 15 - PARRY 15
TOUGHNESS 5/3* *Without Costume
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
In true heroic fashion each of the new super-heroes take to helping those in trouble, controlling the situation, and dispersing the gawkers.

And at just about every save Marcus is there with his camera phone. He doesn't have to try to hard to keep the pictures vague when it comes to identities, the smoke and speed of the heroes takes care of most of that.

"Group shot! Group shot! Everyone gather in!" he calls as he wipes more gluish like substance off his phone. "Damn that stuff sucks."

As the heroes "gather in" everyone can hear the distinct sound of the police. "Hmm... maybe we can do this later."

"Here,"
he says grabbing a few business cards from his pocket. "Meet me at the address there tonight. Nine-fifty o'clock. We can watch my report together."

He turns and heads off running towards a news van that has appeared around the corner behind the police.

[sblock=OOC] Please go ahead and post some non-heroic scenes. Introduce some NPCs and or describe what your alter-ego life may be like. And then if you want link those posts to your character sheets.

Time of Day: 1:20pm[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Any time she noticed Marcus nearby, Jacie made a point of doing something photogenic or heroic. She didn't think it was shallow - they had to project an image, after all - but she didn't let it interfere with her work.
There WERE people to help, and for all she knew, one of them could be her friend Dave.

When they're all gathered together, she looks over at the van, then to Kyle "OK so I was wrong about not having to worry abut the gas leak, but I was right about not making us glow in the dark.. Well, most of us.." She whispers the last part as she glances over at Michelle several feet away.

Once everyone who can be saved has, Jacie makes a point of doing another once over to let Dante's sensors scan the place, before she heads off in search of the nurse who'd helped with the military man near the start of all this 'Jocelyn.. that was her name..', to see if she could find out if that had been Dave - and if he'd made it ok..
She'd tried texting him, but he hadn't answered yet. Maybe he'd lost his phone, or the cell towers were overloaded with the emergency.. but unless he messaged back, she had little else to go on.

OOC:
Not sure if HM remembers Jacie's reason for being here in the first place. She'd come to meet her 'friend' Dave, a fellow gamer and a military man whom she'd been talking too/flirting with online for a while. Insight wrote in a man in fatigues fitting his rough description that Jacie had found punctured by a lamp post and saved, but he hadn't confirmed whether it was her friend or not.

Unfortunately I can't post much 'non-heroic' until Jacie finds out about Dave, as that will be her primary goal.

And yes I know she made the glow in the dark joke when she first woke up, but nobody was around to hear it, so she's gonna reuse it. :p

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle gave Jacie a dirty look at the mention of the gas leak and glowing in the dark. Technically, she was right about the glowing part but what had she gotten them into? What had happened to them? Sure they all had new and powerful abilities but what now? He didn't want his life to change. He didn't want to play hero, all he wanted to do was graduate, marry Melissa, and play baseball.

Oh well, like it or not, his life was now changed in ways he could have never imagined. When the man named Marcus passed out business cards with an address on them, he slipped it into his pocket without giving it another thought. He still hadn't heard from Melissa but that could be a problem with the cell towers. That didn't reassure him much with people like those bullies on the loose.

"So what now? Are we all supposed to be part of a team now like in the comic books? What about our lives, our families, and loved ones?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Don't look at me," Michelle said, her voice emanating from apparently empty space. She sent the illusion of 'Kitsune' hurtling off skyward, but stayed out of sight for the moment.

"I figure you can just pretend this never happened, go back and go on with your life like it was before. Kind of a waste, if you ask me...but safer. Or you can show up at that meeting, and see what happens next."

Her voice started getting more distant as she walked away.

"Whatever you do, thanks for the help here today."

Michelle joined the crowd in the parking lot, ducking behind a car to turn visible and then just sort of drifting along the edge of the people until she got across to where she was parked. No one seemed to recognize her. She'd turned invisible fairly early in the fight, and hadn't thrown any punches or anything to indicate she'd been a combatant. Seemed like she'd have some time to decide how to handle her 'superness.'

It wasn't part of her plans, but it was growing on her. There were possibilities. The question wasn't really whether or not to use them, it was what to use them for. Crime was stupid. It was for putzes. Sooner or later you got caught, and game over. The pros worked within the laws. You could get away with an astonishing amount of stuff within the law, if you knew what you were doing. All the profit and twice the glory.

It had potential.

She called the office as she started the engine.

"Rachel? This is Michelle. Yeah, I know, but just listen. You're not going to believe what I saw..."

Twenty minutes later she was showing pictures from her cellphone, taken as she'd stood invisible in the aftermath. Forty-five, and she was telling the story in the executive lounge. Not the story of what happened to HER, no. Her story was from the perspective of someone in the crowd. Then someone found YouTubes of footage going up. Work-wise, the day was pretty much shot.

But for Michelle, it was a day well spent indeed.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Well let's pick this up with all those who wish to meet Marcus at his mansion. Post either your arrival or what your character is doing instead. Time of DAY = 9:45 pm

Walking Dad

First Post
Greyhound

Greyhound uses the time to tidy up his room a thousand times... doing the needed repairs, reading two books and designing and making his costume, integrating his protection gear. It is amazing what you can do when you have this kind of speed... unless you want to try using a computer or watch a movie... the first isn't fast enough to keep up with your typing and the later... let just say you can go to the fridge and drink a a beer between the frames...

Unsurprisingly, he arrives early.

[sblock=OOC]
sorry, not many NPCs yet. There will some later, promise.

Active Arrays:
Quickness 10, Speed 15
Fast Attack

---

HP 1

conditions: normal

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +16
Throw +3 Ranged, Damage 2
Fast Attack +15 Close, Damage 5, Multiattack 5, Penetrating 5

DEFENSE
FORTITUDE 10 - WILL 10