Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The bright ball of energy caught Marcus's eye and he hurried to see if the plaza was under attack again. When he sees the group of people talking and the weird lights and and the woman with the deformed arm, he starts.

"Holy! A new super-team already on the scene."

He rushes up to where they stand. "Hi, I'm Marcus Holmes WECN. Care to make a statement as to the odd silver like mist or the explosion. Are you here investigating the crime scene?"

Having made his way a little closer he gets a queer look on his face, "And why are you all dressed as everyday people and not wearing masks?"

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: actually Kyle and Jacie ARE wearing masks. They had tied some cloth over their faces b/c Jacie thought it was gas.

Jacie turns to the 'star' "yeah I don't make a habit of giving my name and number out to strange men I just met. I'll give you one of my disposable e-mail accounts.
She stops as the reporter rushes forward, and steps forward, normal hand out to stop him. "sir this area is dangerous and off limits, we suspect gas or radiation leaks from the explosion. Please step back!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Radiation?" Marcus says looking around. "How far back?" he asks nervously.

"Was the explosion some evil villain's bomb attack? What's your name miss?" he says reaching for a pen and notepad. "Is that really your cos.. costume?"

When he draws the pen from his pocket he notices the same gunk around it from before. Thinking he must still have a little bit of the gluish substance on his hands he once more tries to wipe them off on his pants.

Once his hands are clean (and the glue like stuff has hardened to his pants) he stands ready to take a statement.

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle looks around nervously when the man introduced himself as a reporter. That was one thing he didn't need, his name and photo in the local paper claiming he was a superhero.

"Look, it was nice to meet all of you, it really was, but I need to find out where my girlfriend is. She was supposed to meet me here and I hope she wasn't caught up in that storm. Does anyone know if cellphones are working yet?"

Shayuri

First Post
The moment Michelle saw the reporter coming, she immediately clamped down on her thoughts, her emotions...anything that might make those freaking lights around her. They vanished with an annoyed red squiggle, leaving her normal looking. She painted a distraught expression on her face.

"I'm not investigating anything," she gasped. "I...I was caught in the blast, and then this mist came... I didn't know where to go!" She looked around, confused, then blanched as the words people were saying sunk in.

"Wait, did someone say radiation? Oh my god! We have to get out of here!" She started making her way away from the van, hoping to get clear before she couldn't focus anymore and the lights came out again.

It was like trying to sing the national anthem while juggling, but Michelle was all about projecting images.

Jemal

Adventurer
The British voice again spoke "You needn't fret, I read no harmful or lingering radiation emanating at the moment."

"OK who the hell is that?" Jacie starts looking around for the hidden speaker, annoyed.

"Apologies madam, I am the Didactic Advisory Neurolink and Tactical Artificial Intelligence, or D.A.N.T.A.I. You may refer to me as Dante. Attempting to locate me is rather pointless, as I am a computer program currently housed inside your Power Glove. My purpose is to instruct and advise you in your newfound abilities. I have taken the liberty of identifying your companions, if you wish to part ways I shall be able to contact them if necessary. I will of course keep your identities secret, and delete the information should you object, though it would be prudent to keep in touch as Miss Michelle had stated."

"Also mister Holmes, before you considering revealing the particulars of the incident, I would suggest you check your hands once more."

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You a ventriloquist or something?" Marcus asks before taking a quick glance at his right hand.

"What the-?"
he says shaking it and making tiny globs of that same sticky substance fly to the ground. After he is done, he watches in horror as the substance seems to seep slowly from his pours once more. "Like having sweaty palms," he says in awe. "Constant sweaty palms. Oh no! I've been hero-fied!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases