Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle looks around the damaged area. He could see the nursing students still assisting the injured.

"So you think we should all get checkups? Just how do you think we explain this to a doctor? My hands are generating ice! His ooze some kind of goo! You make nice pretty lights float all around you! We've turned into a bunch of freaks! Our lives will never be the same again. he rants.

He fumes for another minute or so before calming down a bit.

"I'm sorry about that. It's just that I don't understand what happened to us. Is there a way to control all this so we can still have normal lives? Now I almost wish I had read more comic books as a kid."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Yeah, not much a checkups gonna do for 'arm turned into a gun'.. maybe I oughta see a mechanic?" Jacie cracks a wry grin as she holds her arm up for a second, then puts it back down to not attract attention. "But he's right, some of us are a bit more noticeable than stickypalms over here.."
"Imfineionlygotaheadacheandbeabitdizzywhyareyouloo kingatmethisway?" Jim says, nearly to fast to understand.
The disembodied 'Dante' voice speaks again. "You seem to be showing signs of increased speed. While your rapid speech is easily decipherable to myself, the others may have had some difficulty understanding you. I would suggest deep breaths as you attempt to calm down."

Walking Dad

First Post
James Marks

Jim needs a moment to realize what the voice said...
"I think its good now... and the headaches are gone... let me try something..."
He makes some dodge moves, his form blurry from the speed.
"Ok, I think I know what I got... uhm, do I still look normal?"

OOC: He does ;)

Insight

Adventurer
JUST THEN...

The assembled and confused formerly normal people (the PCs) see five people, with seemingly similar "effects" blasting their way through a crowd of people meandering on the square.

A few of you recognize a pair of these people: the Asian female and the young goth. The other three, none of you have seen before.

The Asian female has clawed hands and nearly rips a heedless woman in half. The clawed woman then leaps atop a nearby roof.

The young goth says, "Lord Etheric will be your doom!". He raises a wrenched hand and a giant blob of otherworldly goo appears from nowhere and DROPS on an unsuspecting group of teenagers. "You've laughed at me for the last time!"

A rough type, dressed in demin and biker leathers, raises his hands and fires beams of light at a lightpole, causing said pole to drop on a police car. "Dude! Take it to the man!"

An African-American female, dressed in a cornflower blue power suit, lifts her right arm and another car, next to the damaged police car, rises into the air. The sedan moves horizontally and hovers over a passel of injured people on the grass. The woman smiles and looks over at the others. "Should I?"

The most unusual fellow, a sort of Cthuluoid half-man, half-squid, lumbers along behind the others. He says nothing, but seems to be looking around for someone to menace.

What do you do?

Jemal

Adventurer
"What the hell?!?" Jacie jumps up on the hood of the truck to get a better view, jostling the vehicle. The radio sparks to life as her arm cannon charges up, and she levels it at them. "Hey Darth Emo and the Special Squad! Why don't you all grow a pair and leave the injured kids alone? What's wrong, don't think any of you can stand up to a real woman?"

OOC:
Jacie will try to use her Taunt advantage to demoralize the group. Insight or will vs DC 24.

Ah fearless.. it can lead to such stupid yet fun decisions. :D

been waiting to use my feature for some battle music:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNkIM7pcYE&feature=BFa&list=PLDA099DF1EDABF33C[/ame]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Actual action.

Marcus ducks behind the van and reaches for his phone. "I hope this is working. Their killing people out there!"

ACTIONS: Hide and use phone to call 911 - if it is working.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases