Insight's "Emerald City Knights" - Prelude - The Silver Storm

Insight

Adventurer
As the moments pass, more of the unconscious rise from their sedation.

OOC: The rest of the PCs awaken, with whatever powers the players decided upon at start.

You are free to interact with one another, explore your powers, and so forth.

Something will come along to pique your interests in short order...

Jemal

Adventurer
"OK, not cool.." Jacie sits up rubbing her head and looking around. She spots a glowing chick nearby, talking to two men, one of whom appeared to change color. She closed her eyes for a moment before looking again. The woman was still glowing, but the man - John, she recognized now - looked human.

"So much for not glowing in the dark..." She gets to her feet as they approach the van.

"Even so, lets not push that luck. Lets get the rest of these people, and ourselves, away from the van before we start growing giant third arms or something."
"Looks like just a few of us left.. most of the ones I saw are already gone.."

Jacie looks over to see Kyle awakening, and reaches down to give him a hand up, only then realizing that her arm had transformed into a giant cannon.
"Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?!"

Last edited:

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

Kyle slowly wakes up. His head hurts.

Great, now I've got a splitting headache. he thinks as he gradually opens his eyes.

And sees.... the woman he had met just pointing a very large weapon at him.

"Hey! What the hell?" he yells as he starts shuffling backwards along the ground.

"Why are you pointing that thing at me? I don't have much money if you're trying to rob me."

He quickly looks around for an escape route and sees some of the others who had been passed out earlier were standing nearby. One, a woman, was surrounded by little lights while one of the men had massive muscles as if he was a bodybuilder. He was sure he would have noticed that before.

"This is a dream, right? I mean, she doesn't really have lights all around her and he,"

pointing towards the musclebound man,

doesn't really look like an Arnold Schwarzenegger wannabe, does he? What the hell is going on?"

Kyle continues to try to back away, shuffling along the ground.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ugh... What? What happened," Marcus mumbles as he lifts his face from the dirt.

Then he remembers the explosion and braces his hands to the ground to lift himself up. As he starts to stand and pull his hands away an odd sticky like mucus peels off his hand and sticks to the ground.

"Yuck. What did I fall in?" he asks wiping his hands on his pants.

OOC: He as of yet doesn't notice anyone else and all of his powers are probably at half strength for now.

Jemal

Adventurer
"What? No, I'm not, I..."
Jacie stammered as she stared at the gun unmoving and flustered.. Until it started to buzz to life. She quickly pulled back, pointing it in the air as the whining sound grew and then a ball of energy erupted into the sky with a thunderous crack.

Jacie looked back down at the others, then at her cannon, her shocked face dissolving into a massive grin. "what's going on, Kyle, is that Redshift Energy just crashed a batch of super-juice"
she points her normal arm at the truck that had knocked them all out.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Jesus," blurted Michelle as the other girl's 'gun arm' went off. "Be careful. One of the other guys blew up a post-office truck. Nearly did the same to me."

She rubbed her temples, smearing complex pastel hues in the air where they churned and swirled, mimicking the vortex she was trying to think through.

"There were containers opened in the Redshift van that cracked open. When I got to the van, I had just enough time to see they were glowing before I blacked out. Doesn't take a huge jump of logic to figure that has something to do with our predicament."

Michelle surveyed the others there. "I don't know about you, but I'm not especially eager to show up on the nightly news as a super. I have a life. I have...things this would interfere with. There'll be tests...God only knows how long, or what will be involved."

"What I'm proposing is that, since the paramedics or firefighters or whoever's here hasn't found us yet, we keep this to ourselves. We tell them we just found the van, tried to help the people nearby, and...let the rest pass by unannounced. We should get checkups and everything, just to make sure there's no tumors, but there's no reason we have to wind up on page 1 over this."

Graybeard

Explorer
Kyle

condition: freaked out

"Fine for you to say but you have these lights swirling all around you and she nearly shot me with a cannon. How do you expect to hide all that from people?"

Kyle carefully got to his feet and took another step back away from the woman that nearly shot his head off.

"Except for a headache, I feel fine." as he looks himself over.

"Ahhhhhh! What the f***? My hands are frozen!" he screams as he notices his hands are coated in a think layer of ice.

Jemal

Adventurer
"yeah sounds like a plan. Just gotta figure out how to hide your sparkles and my gun." she looks over as Kyle screams "and a pair of gloves..."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
James Marks

"I also suggest we exchange at least our telephone numbers. If someone expiriences something... strange, he or she could call the others." James suggests, feeling weird for not showing any visible changes.

BBs

First Post
"Yes that does seem like a good idea, but first things first. Not sure if I caught everyone's name, but everyone might know mine, John Sears. What's everyone's?" John takes a look around at everyone

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases