D&D 4th Edition Future of D&D Keynote Speech at GenCon

+ Log in or register to post
    The Guvnor
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Blog Entries
    13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Ignore Morrus

Future of D&D Keynote Speech at GenCon

Wizards of the Coast will be hosting the first-ever keynote address at Gen Con on Thursday, August 16 to share with D&D fans what’s in store for the game that has changed gaming forever. Speakers include President and CEO of Wizards Greg Leeds, Senior Manager for D&D Research and Design, Mike Mearls and some of the greatest creative minds in the industry. The keynote begins at 7:00 pm in the 500 Ballroom of the Indianapolis Convention Center and will be live-streamed at DungeonsandDragons.com/events.

A valid Gen Con Indy 2012 badge is required to register.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Morrus; Thursday, 28th June, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Lalato

Info on D&D Next at GenCon...

Looks like there will be some announcements at GenCon this year. Well, announcements is probably a bit leading... more like a celebration of what's coming with what I hope is more info on the new edition.

If I hadn't broken my leg and used up my vacation time, I would get myself to GenCon this year. Should be fun.

Here's the info from the GenCon Newsletter today...

The Future of Dungeons & Dragons

Calling all heroes, your presence is required! Join us for an unprecedented look into the future of Dungeons & Dragons, including the evolution of the game, the re-birth of a fantasy setting and the next generation of art.

Wizards of the Coast is proud to host the first-ever keynote address at Gen Con on Thursday, August 16 to share with D&D fans whats in store for the game that has changed gaming forever. Speakers include President and CEO of Wizards Greg Leeds, Senior Manager for D&D Research and Design, Mike Mearls and some of the greatest creative minds in the industry. The keynote begins at 7:00 pm in the 500 Ballroom of the Indianapolis Convention Center and will be live-streamed at DungeonsandDragons.com/events.

For more information or to register for this event, click here. Note: A valid Gen Con Indy 2012 badge is required to register.
    EN World City Project Threads: The Free City of Mor's End

My D&D Minis and Dreamblade Have/Want List @ Hordelings.com

"Nor stony tower, nor walls of beaten brass,
    Nor airless dungeon, nor strong links of iron,
    Can be retentive to the strength of spirit." -- Wm. Shakespeare (iconic bard)

Probably a big transparency and hype PR thing; I don't think they're in any position to make a big announcement yet.

Hopefully there'll be a Q&A. We should find out who from around here is going, and have them ask questions on our behalves.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore pogre
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalato View Post
    Looks like there will be some announcements at GenCon this year. Well, announcements is probably a bit leading... more like a celebration of what's coming with what I hope is more info on the new edition.

If I hadn't broken my leg and used up my vacation time, I would get myself to GenCon this year. Should be fun.

Here's the info from the GenCon Newsletter today...
    Heard about the bad break! Save your pennies and I'll meet you there in a couple of years. This year and next the Con is too late for poor ole' school teachers like me.

Glad to hear you are excited about 5th/next - us too!

I think the impatience for the next playtest also indicates a lot of folks are enthused or at least highly interested in the latest D&D.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Lalato
    Quote Originally Posted by pogre View Post
    Heard about the bad break! Save your pennies and I'll meet you there in a couple of years. This year and next the Con is too late for poor ole' school teachers like me.

Glad to hear you are excited about 5th/next - us too!

I think the impatience for the next playtest also indicates a lot of folks are enthused or at least highly interested in the latest D&D.
    Sounds like a plan. And if I find myself anywhere near Shampoo-Banana, I'll be sure to swing by for a game or three.
    EN World City Project Threads: The Free City of Mor's End

My D&D Minis and Dreamblade Have/Want List @ Hordelings.com

"Nor stony tower, nor walls of beaten brass,
    Nor airless dungeon, nor strong links of iron,
    Can be retentive to the strength of spirit." -- Wm. Shakespeare (iconic bard)

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Ignore Herschel
    They're also rolling out the new minis skirmish game this year, but while I'm going I won't be partaking of any of those events. I gave up skirmishing after the last WotC sponsered Championships.

It's kind of hard to do everything you want at Gen Con as it is.

• + Log in or register to post