Marching Orders




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Marching Orders

  1. #1
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan

    Marching Orders

    Starting another game for the Off to War group.

    The players for this should be...
    @Fangor the Fierce @ghostcat @jackslate45 @Dragonwriter

    This is a short adventure to get the group from Harkon Manor to the capital city of Siere.

    And don't think it will be a walk in the park, you should know better by now.

    HM

    LINKS:
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #2
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    Arriving back at what was once the irregular base camp everyone sees the trampled grass and dirt paths made by the army staying in one place so long.

    Most of the men have already started off behind the army but a few familiar faces sit waiting for your arrival.

    "Bout time ye greenies get 'ere." Martomum says standing.

    "Now... now Martomum let them be. Welcome back, Jareth. Trinham." Fallon says warmly. "You brought some... some friends along I see," he says with a nod to Ern, Mal, and the hooded elves. "Welcome to all of you as... as well."
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #3
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Fangor the Fierce's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,230

    Ignore Fangor the Fierce
    Mal bows slightly at the words from Fallon. He keeps quiet though, as he allows the elven ambassador to speak up for them all.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609

    Ignore ghostcat
    Trinham smiles at Martomum and Fallon and says "Nice to be back Fallon. Not a greenie any more Martomum. It seems I have seen more fighting in the last few weeks than my whole village has done in a hundred lifetimes and somehow I can't see it stopping any time soon."

  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    Ernestine attempts to stifle a yawn, having trouble sleeping again. She was so used to sleeping outside on the ground, that sleeping in a bed for the first time in years felt uncomfortable. However, she had gotten enough sleep to keep her wits about her for now.

    She bowed to both Fallon and Martomum as way of a greeting, but decided to wait to say anything.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465

    Ignore Dragonwriter
    Jareth chuckles a little as Trinham speaks up for his experience in battle. He gives Fallon a nod, his expression speaking of great gratitude towards the old man. "Yes, though we'll all be occupied with other matters beyond the camp of the Irregulars. I'm sure Martomum has filled you in on the goings-on and the plans.

    "Speaking of which, I have been called for by Lord Dellex to attend a meeting tonight, with each of my companions."
    He looks at the group and shrugs. "I suppose you're who he meant by 'escort.' While I'm there, Trinham, you should stay with Sil. Just in case."

  • #7
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    jackslate45's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    2,778

    Ignore jackslate45
    Ern's look of confusion is apparent at Jareth's last statement. However, her smile returns when she says "The 'Lord' clearly wants to know what we're up to if he is this hard pressed to keep an eye on us. Now I see why you all like him so much. "

  • #8
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    "Is all ready with the wagon?" The elven ambassador asking looking at the large box with wheels.

    Fallon looks slightly confused and a little shocked at the accent.

    {{ Or. Sor shor maesi eir os cysti thys si baes thaem tyl. }}the old man says in perfect elvish.

    Sil smiles form inside his hood. "There is no need for that. On the contrary the less it is known I am here, and an elf the better."

    He turns to Jareth. "Trinham will be going as I too will attend. Whether Lord Dellex wishes it or not. Come Aver."

    The elf heads to the wagon led by Fallon who produces the key and unlocks the door for the elven dignitary,

    Once he has shut the door MArtomum turns to look and all of you. "Times a wastin'. And past times we be gone."

    "MOUNT UP GREENIES!" he shouts with a pointed look at Trinham.

    OOC
    Time for everyone to describe a wonderful day of horseback riding. No events till the dinner bell.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #9
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609

    Ignore ghostcat
    Trinham is not looking forward to a day on horseback but reluctantly resigns himself to it. Even if he could wriggle out of it while they are still with the army, he would end up having to ride once they left.

    Mounting his horse, Trinham slowly rides over to Jareth in the hope he will give him a riding lesson.

    Meanwhile Moggins has absolutely no qualms about horses and has settled himself in front of Trinham and gone to sleep.

  • #10
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465

    Ignore Dragonwriter
    When the "order" comes, Jareth smoothly takes to his assigned horse's saddle. It had been some time since he had last ridden, but he still remembered the lessons on such. And after a quarter-hour or so, his skill and knowledge had reasserted itself. It helped that riding was one lesson subject he had actually appreciated.

    When Trinham asks for a bit of a lesson, Jareth pleasantly gives the unhappy new rider some tips. Moving with the horse's gait comes up early, seeing as it helps avoid a sore rear later.

    "I suppose this would be one thing I could enjoy about the whole title and nobility business. There's an expectation to ride, whether for sport or travel."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Marching Fo(u)rth for GM's Day!
      By Morrus in forum News
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Monday, 5th March, 2012, 07:12 AM
    2. What's the name for a large group of marching soldiers?
      By RangerWickett in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 50
      Last Post: Friday, 30th November, 2007, 04:39 PM
    3. DHR Releases Johnny Comes Marching Home
      By Geoff in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 26th January, 2007, 01:26 PM
    4. Iron Man, by a Marching Band?
      By jgbrowning in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Wednesday, 15th September, 2004, 01:10 PM
    5. Who leads in the marching order?
      By candidus_cogitens in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th November, 2002, 11:38 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •