Marching Orders

ghostcat

First Post
After Jareth's lessons Trinham finally feels that he is in control of the horse and not the horse in control of him. That doesn't mean that he is actually enjoying himself but he does feel that riding to Siere might actually be possible.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern looked at the horse she was to ride with some trepidation. She never liked riding, but she was used to it. Well, she was more used to riding with Haden in the same seat, but the theory is the same. If anything, the ride was easier, as Ern was riding in the saddle by herself.

While Ern road, she had trouble staying focused. Her mind wandered over the last few weeks, to the events that had led up to this. For the first time in a long time, Ern felt she was on the right path again. However, if only her nightmares would fade...

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal had taken to his mount with some trepidation. Something was gnawing at his insides, as if warning him of another change. How many changes was he to go through in this life? The recent addition of an acidic breath was one that both intrigued him as well as scared him.

As he rode off with the others, his mind raced on with more questions. He was asked to make sure the crown was taken to its rightful place. He had also been asked to aid the others. A motley crew at best, but somehow they found a way to work together. Jareth was brash, harsh, annoying, but had grown on Mal. They seemed to have more in common than he had hoped, but was now happy to acknowledge. At least internally...

And Emma. What a name. She had decided to take a nap, one that perhaps was well deserved in this time of need. Or was she resting to prepare for an even more powerful conflict soon to come. Did she know more than she was telling. Mal laughs, coming to the realization that of course she was keeping something to herself. That was her nature.

The rest of the travel went along with his thoughts racing on his newfound powers. He had not shown all his abilities to the others, as he feared them as much as garnered them with awe. Knowledge was power, as he was beginning to see. The time would come when he would have to make use of his powers. Hopefully he would be strong enough to deal with the outcomes...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
An uneventful day passes (as long as you don't count the attack of saddle soreness), and each member of the little group enjoys having most of the day to themselves and not having to worry about monsters and madmen around ever corner.

The enlarged army (having gained troops as well as camp followers from Harkon) moves at a cumbersome rate and only manages a bit below twenty miles.

As the irregulars go about setting up cooking fires and sending men off to hunt and forage, everyone makes their way to the wagon now sitting off by itself.

Fallon is sitting by a fire stirring something in a large pot, while Martomum paces back and forth like a guard watching over prisoners.

The door to the large wagon opens and Aver comes bounding out wearing a grey robe with no adornments. He keeps the hood up but smiles at the group as the ambassador comes down behind him.

"Tsk, tsk... this will not do," the elf says with a rueful grin of his own. "You all look like a group of hooligans about to start trouble. Prehaps you should wash up before we go to see Lord Bairan and his adviser."

Arms folded Martomum grunts at the statement.

"I think he is... is right." Fallon says by way of interpretation. "They will need... need to dress the part as well."

Sil nods. "Easy enough. We'll use the wagon and the clothes given to me by Lord Vir. I haven't had them re-sized as yet so this shouldn't take long."

Turning back to the group, "Well come on it's time to dress for dinner." he says with a hint of a smile under his own hood.

[sblock=OOC]Ok gang some very important discussions for you to make here. As how you look, what you decide to take with you, and all will play to how you are received.

For the most part crunch wise you will find two courtier's outfits (one male and one female), and a noble's outfit. Darling also has enough jewelry about to equal 150gp.

Also play out any questions you might ask at dinner. To kind of give me a heads up.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
"I'll be more that glad to get some of this accursed dust off me." says Trinham "and I'll also service my armour, it could do with a good oil. But I'm not getting changed. My whole campaign with Dellex is that of a faceless bodyguard. I'm not sure how well its working, especially as Archimedes may have told him that I am a sorcerer but I want him to get used to ignoring me; then one day..." Trimham breaks off at this point and an evil smile crosses his face.

Once he gets his thoughts back under control, Trinham asks the ambassador and Jareth for a few pointers on how to act the part. He also ask Fallon if Dellex has a familiar.

jackslate45

First Post
"If they have woman's clothes I'll change. While I just cleaned up last night, my clothes are still the same." Ern said, still wearing the remains of her old Reaver's uniform. There was enough fabric to cover her chest and mid section, but the hem of her uniform was covered with dirt, blood, and was torn up the one side of her leg, revealing a bit more than she was used to.

When Ern goes in too see what they have to wear, she calls out to the rest of her teammates who were still walking towards the carriage. "It seems they have enough only for 3 of us anyway. 1 outfit that you I think you should wear Jareth, as it is easily the nicest looking of the bunch. And something for both myself and Mal."

Ernestine takes the dress that clearly only she can wear, and gives it look over. It was a brilliant dark blue dress, with small emeralds sown into the sleeves. The gold trim on the neck of the dress was clearly to drawn attention towards her chest. A butterfly comb was laid next to it, as though to give the subtle hint that her normal method of dealing with her long hair was not going to cut it this time. Finally, a clip meant to hold her hair up in a ponytail was found in a box near the back.

Ern had never seen such an beautiful dress in a long time, and clearly had a look of wanting to wear it. She poked her head outside of the carriage and asked the dwarf "Martomum, is there a place we can wash up before putting this on? I want to get the dirt out of my hair before dinner."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth makes a sound of plain disgust when he sees the finery arrayed and the clothing obviously intended for him. He mutters a few, quiet, choice words in Draconic as he closes the door of the wagon to change clothes.

When he steps out of the makeshift changing room, he is bedecked in a dark, rich, red velvet doublet over a similar-colored shirt and breeches. Just visible over the top of his old, plain brown boots is a hint of grey leggings. The high collar of his shirt lends an imperious air and appearance to the slim young man. The doublet is trimmed in a gold-hued lace all down the front and along the bottom hem. Two rings adorn each hand, with Jareth's signet ring prominent on his right index finger. Around his neck hangs only the Seal of Kem.

He shrugs and frowns. "Good enough?" he grumbles. "And no, I am not changing my boots."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fallon takes and fetches Ernestine a bucket of fresh water and a towel from his supply wagon. "I'm afraid that... that beast of a donkey," he says with a nod to the creature in question, "chewed most of one end but this... this should do to dry your hair with."

As she readies herself and the others talk allon shakes his head at Trinham's question. "His.. his familiar, Dirthor died a long time ago..."

"An a guid rid-nace ta dae little beast too."
Martomum almost spits.

Fallon smiles, "You never will... will forget the time he caught your beard on fire."

Martomum glares, but says nothing.

When Ernstine is done Jareth gets changed and Trinham is almost done getting the dust off his jerkin with an oil cloth.

"Well we are almost ready then,"
Sil says checking over his own attire.

[sblock=OOC] Was going to post THU but saw FtF on so waited and then the site went crazy on me.

I just need to know what equipment you take (weapons, magic items, etc.) Play that up as you describe your walk through camp and all the eyes that follow you like some royal progression. ;)[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal was not used to this. Meetings with dignitaries was not to his liking, but they depended on him. The guise would have to work, as he set some of his own items down. He took the items Ern handed to him with a little trepidation, but nodded none the less. It was a warm brown tunic, with copper buttons and copper threaded embroidery. The stitching shown at the shoulders, wrists, collar and at the seams in the front.

The trousers were a light cream color, nothing too fancy, but went well with the tunic well. With a dark brown belt fastened at the waist, he decided to don the elven dagger, all polished and regal in its own right to the belt. His own signet ring with the bearing of a dragon on it rested on his right hand. The soft skinned gloves were donned, a gift from the ambassador as well (Gloves of Dex +4), being the only magical item he decided to bring.

Taking a queue from Trinham, he would play the part of the adviser, and hoped they would underestimate his presence. After all, he had other ways of defending himself that the other had not yet seen. His hair pulled back and combed through, he is ready.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham visibly wears all his weapons except his crossbow; which he leaves, along with his backpack, with Fallon.

Sending Moggins on ahead to scout, Trinham walks a couple of steps behind the ambassador; hand on longsword, eyes continually scanning left and right. Before they left he asked Em if she could watch out for trouble from the rear. Occasionally, one of the onlooker appears to be looking at them suspiciously and he glares them until they avert their eyes. One slightly drunk trooper takes exception to Trinham staring at him and belligerently approaches the party "Who do you think you are staring at fat boy." he says. Trinham simply shows him a couple of inches of steel, smiles wickedly and growls "P*ss off." at him. Trinham's tone and actions get through to the drunk and he backs down leaving the party to continue on their way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases