Marching Orders - Page 3





+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Marching Orders

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465

    Ý Ignore Dragonwriter
    As they go through the camp, Jareth's finery causes a little bit of a stir, something he tries to ignore. While the soldiers were somewhat used to Lord Bairan around them, he didn't seem to often be out of light battle raiment. And Dellex was... Dellex. The scruffy-looking young man dressed in fine velvet and jewelry was rather an unusual sight.

    He left his chain in the care of Fallon to hide it, figuring it would only be likely to cause trouble if he were to show up so armed. He only has his dagger hidden in his boot for armament.

    His face remains grim throughout the little journey. He obviously wasn't appreciating all the attention. And the looming issue of Dellex and his schemes, no doubt to incite more trouble tonight, cast a pall on his thoughts.

 

  • #22
    Ernestine kept her eyes forward. She could feel the eyes on her back, and could even hear some of the whispering behind her back. Being the newest amongst them, Ernestine felt extremely out of place. That other girl, Darling? They should have brought her. She would look prettier with this crowd. Ern felt that she did not have the natural beauty that Darling, or even Lora had. Ernestine was a farmer's daughter, trying to play with the noble's and their games.

    However, what Ern failed to realize was that they were whispering because the mysterious girl with them dressed up so nicely, you would think she belonged with this group.

    Once she knew that she could get away with it, Ern reached down, and moved up the dress high enough to open up her spell component bag, tied neatly around her right leg. She also grabbed the rod that she put into the bag, and quickly incanted in Celestial "For this dinner, let us whisper between us the secrets we do not want Dellex to over hear!"

    A slight wind released from her, going towards each of her companions.

    Spells Memorized

    Level 0:
    Detect Magic
    Message - Will Cast on the party with extend rod before getting close enough to the tent. Hopefully will last longer than the dinner at 80 minutes, but who knows.
    Prestidigitation

    Level 1:
    Mage Armor
    Feather Fall
    Obscuring Mist
    Blockade
    Benign Transposition
    Mount

    Level 2:
    3xSM2
    Invisibility
    Glitterdust

  • #23
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ý Ignore HolyMan
    The six of you make your way silently towards the center of the encampment as every eye you pass takes notice.

    Sil and Aver keep their hoods up, but already rumors about who(or what) they are have begun to circulate. Most notably is that a prince of the elven folk has been taken hostage, and Lord Bear plans to ransom him off to insure peace throughout the lands.

    The murmurs don't give the group pause as they approach the command tent of Lord Bairan.

    Outside the tent stand two stoic guards in blue cloaks. Each stands unmoving and doesn't bar the way, but to pass them unannounced seems... foolhardy. So the group stands still and quiet until Dellex followed by Lord Barian step forth through the tent flaps.

    "Ah... Welcome! Welcome! All of you are most welcome!" Lord Bear says stepping up in front of the slight mage. "It is an honor to have you here amongst us and I look forward to the talks we shall have."


    Last edited by HolyMan; Saturday, 28th July, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #24
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    Ý Ignore HolyMan
    Dellex looks slightly adjutated but puts on a fake smile for the group, "We don't have all night to drink and tell embellished stories of our adventures. We have important matters to discuss."

    "But Lord Kyras and his group defeated the ettercap of the West Woods and fought of an army twice their size of Treylor regulars with only villagers and a few soldiers. Surely you wish to hear those tales as well as I do, Dellex."

    The mage shrugs, "If there is time. Speaking of which let us withdraw." he says matching his actions to his words by reentering the tent.

    With a huge smile Lord Bairan holds open the tent flap for the ambassador and the rest of the group.

    Inside the tent is brightly lit and a large table stands in the center overflowing with food. Dellex is already seated at one end of the table and the other folding camp chairs look odd around the solid oaken table but serve well enough as everyone takes a seat.

    A few servants take to pouring water and wine, but as Sil and Aver still have their hoods up Dellex dismisses them. "It might be rather uncomfortable to have you eat the entire time with your hoods up." he says softly. "Be at ease that no one will disturb us unannounced."

    "Thank you," Sil replies removing his hood, with Aver following suit.

    Dellex nods and then Lord Bear roars, "Let's dig in!"

    The food on the table is almost a light affair with it consisting mostly of fruits and vegetables. There is a small roasted deer and a pheasant poaches in an onion sauce, but the elves seem to ignore these over the side dishes present.

    And the mage eats even more delicately than the elves. "I was wondering," he says only a few minutes into the meal. "The group that left to warn Harkon Manor is not the same group that came back from the elven forest, Lord Kyras. How did you and your new companions meet?"

    OOC
    Time for small talk as Dellex is digging for info but trying to do so politely. Make Bluff check if you embellish your stories.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #25
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,608

    Ý Ignore ghostcat
    Trinham does not sit at the table but stands behind the ambassador at what he has been taught is parade rest. Thanks to his ring he is not hungry anyway. Still he is new to this body guarding task and is not quite sure what he is supposed to do, so just stands there looking awkward.

  • #26
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Dragonwriter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern California, US
    Posts
    2,465

    Ý Ignore Dragonwriter
    Jareth waits a moment to see what Dellex puts on his plate and eats before taking things to his own. He shrugs at Dellex's question and puts on an air of nonchalance. "Lucky coincidence. These extras needed to go into the forest. I did not agree with their coming along, but it happened anyway and worked out for the best."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

    Similar Threads

    1. Marching Fo(u)rth for GM's Day!
      By Morrus in forum News
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Monday, 5th March, 2012, 07:12 AM
    2. What's the name for a large group of marching soldiers?
      By RangerWickett in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 50
      Last Post: Friday, 30th November, 2007, 04:39 PM
    3. DHR Releases Johnny Comes Marching Home
      By Geoff in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Friday, 26th January, 2007, 01:26 PM
    4. Iron Man, by a Marching Band?
      By jgbrowning in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: Wednesday, 15th September, 2004, 01:10 PM
    5. Who leads in the marching order?
      By candidus_cogitens in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 43
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th November, 2002, 11:38 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •