HM's Age of Worms - IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And the restart is a go...

Not much I can tell you here but wish to that all those that brought about a great AP. Starting with...

Adventure (pt1) The Whispering Cairn by Erik Mona
Dungeon Mag Diamond Lake article by Erik Mona

Please post your stat blocks once per page if possible.

And let the exploration begin again.

HM

LINKS:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/296380-whispering-cairn-team-diamond-lake-ic.html - OLD IC
http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking-talk/325329-hms-age-worms-restart-discussion.html - OOC
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot.html - RG

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Misc notes and links - placeholder

Attachments

• AoW dungeon 1.jpg
    AoW dungeon 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 415
  • AoW dungeon 2.jpg
    AoW dungeon 2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 413
  • AoW dungeon 3.jpg
    AoW dungeon 3.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The old mine managers office that was once run down and near unlivable has become your new second home (but in Aria's case her only home). Using money from your various trips into the cairns around Diamond Lake the "Shack" (as it's loving called) has become sort of clubhouse for treasure seekers and adventures working in and around the once sleepy town.

It seems like years have passed since the first group met here battling wolves and then setting out to explore the Whispering Cairn. And although faces have changed and people have come and gone one thing remains constant these past few months. The Whispering Cairn and it's secrets have still yet to be discovered.

From the room with the seven covered lamps. To the flooded area below the ruins of the elevator system those adventuring out of the Shack have yet to discover all of the secerts that dungeon has yet to offer.

Eldariel the warrior-mage set out to the Free City to research everything he could about the area, the Vaati (Wind Dukes), and the Rod of Seven Parts, but is still not back. And Jules, Sigrum, Arveduin, and Vixtrin have yet to return from their latest ventures as well.

But with mostly everyone gone the Shack is hardly empty. Aria sits by the fire while Gaylne checks the flecthing on his arrows. Zeke sits across a dragonchess board from Torgak, both playing idly to pass the time more than anything.

No one speaks and uses the constant scraping sound of Haakon's whetstone as a kind of white noise to lose themselves in their own thoughts.

*sccrrraap*

*sccrrraap*

*sccrrraap*

The light reflects off one of a red handled ladle next to the fire. And Aria follows it as it hits the ceiling above. It angles so it reflects of one of the metal studs in the ceiling (which will one day hold a chandelier), and she starts to turn back to the fire, when she sees the red light hitting Zeke's cheek.

Then the memories come back to her.

"Everyone, everyone. Do you remember the face? The face in the small passage above the lantern room? It needs the light! We need to find all the lanterns and light them. Then the face will... will... Well I don't know what it will do, but I know it will do something. Come on! Quit moping and grab your gear were off to The Whispering Cairn once more?"

[sblock=Level Up Goal]
Find the red lantern and light all the lanterns inside the "lantern room" = reach level 2[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Please post your characters heading out and making the half hour trip to the Cairn.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
*sccrrraap*

The silence is oppressive as Haakon stops sharpening his blade. The sudden silence causes everyone to pause. Haakon stands as he puts his stone away and there is the subtle sound of steel and leather as he puts his sword away. Stretching, bracing his hands against the cabin's ceiling, Haakon lets out a groan like a bear. The big barbarian paces the length of the cabin a few times before he opens the door. He steps out and sniffs the air and comes back inside. "I am tired of waiting around. Come let us go. This time we will either find the Whispering Cairn or join our ancestors. Either way, I can no longer sit in this cabin. It stifles my soul." says Haakon looking around the cabin contemptuously. With that he steps outside and begins the trek out to the Cairn.

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgaks looks up from the chess board.

"Aria, you're talking about that Whispering Cairn you never finished exploring? I'm with if you expect any trouble down there."

Torgak jumps up and gathers his view belongings.

"Zeke, I don't believe I'll beat you in this game anyway. So let's get moving!"

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne finishes wrapping a cord round the fetching and breaks it off with his teeth. Putting the arrow in his quiver he stands up and follows Haakon out of the door.

As they approach the cairn Galyine starts to check the tracks to see if anyone or anything has been there since he last left.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Alterius Bowsinger (Elf Bard 1)

Alterius looks up from the breakfast as he nears its end. "I could go for some adventure. Those lonely halls should be home to some grand tales..." his hand goes to his coin purse as he finishes "and some treasure." He gathers his belongings and rushes out the door behind Aria and the rest of the group.

It was a short walk from The Shack to the entrance to the Whispering Cairn but with the excitment of the adventure in front of him, it passed by quickly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
AlteriusAvatar.png

Inititative: +5 Senses: Low-light Vision, Perception +6
Current Effects: None
HP: 10 Current HP: 10
AC: 15
CMB: +2 CMD: 15
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Move: 30'/30'
Weapon in Hand: None

Bardic Performance: Countersong, Distraction, Fasicnate, Inspire Courage +1
0 level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidignation, Read Magic
1st level 1/1: Grease, Sleep, Silent Image[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Aria leads the way back to the now-familiar entrance to the crypts. The excitement from her moment of inspiration lends her a hint of the energy and enthusiasm she once had, and while it cannot last, she seems determined to make good of it while it does.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Zeke sighs, "Right when I start hitting a good trend of victories, something interrupts a decent run. Fine, fine. It's been too long since I got to smite creatures that shun Pelor's light."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Standing once more outside the entrance to the Whispering Cairn the group readies themselves for the trip down into the dungeon depths each lost in his own thoughts.

[sblock=Zeke] OOC: Not sure if you know Zeke's motivation for this. Replaying...

The dream comes back to the young priest as vivid as ever. The world stands in the light of Pelor and all is will. Then from the corner of his eye Zeke sees a darkness starting to come.

A withering wiggling mass a blackness that starts to consume all the light of the world. Slowly it crawls forth and then suddenly all is dark and dead.

But then a pinpoint of light escapes in some far corner of the world. Like a beacon in draws the cleric forward till he is standing before this very dungeon entrance with Pelor's light fighting to get out.

And then he knows. The darkness is real and coming. And in here, inside the Whispering Cairn is the answers (the light) to defeating it.[/sblock]
[sblock=Haakon]You stand excited before the dungeon. Tales of the others battles in these depths may be slightly exaggerated but do not diminish the fact that your skills will surely be tested in here.[/sblock]
[sblock=Torgak]Having finally found a group of outsiders like yourself you are glad to finally be about a task. You wonder slightly about what might be found in the cave beyond, but know that The Cudgel is with you and any evil shall not escape.[/sblock]
[sblock=Galyne]And yet once more you stand before the doorway to the Whispering Cairn looking around for tracks of anyone or anything else that might have come this way.

Finding all the tracks old or made by the group doesn't make you less weary, and if only you had...

You remember that on your last trip to the cavern you stashed a sack of supplies just inside the rubble of the second set of alcoves. Torches, oil, a few acid flasks for use, and some other items await inside.[/sblock]
[sblock=Aria]You stand before the entrances remembering your last trip here, and all the strangeness that came with it.

The weird tubes and the arrow sarcopagus that controlled them. The bugs (so many bugs) and the puking spell that destroyed them.

The odd staff that Eladriel was excited to discover and the Rod of Seven Parts it eluded to.

Back once more you focus on the task at hand. There are still areas not yet explored and a lantern to find.[/sblock]
[sblock=Alterius]You stand still and quiet with the others and listen. You have heard stories of the whispers that can be heard coming from the wind as it winds it's way through the Whispering Cairn and it is a song you wish to witness for yourself.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases