HM's Age of Worms - IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Alterius clasps his hands together and whispers a melodious prayer to the earth goddess. A small swirl of faintly blue energy wisps about his hands and enters his eyes, giving them a brilliant luster. He then handles some of the items discovered amongst the remains, attempting to discern their magical properties.

OOC: Cast detect magic.
I am going to assume the three healing potions and the glowing pearl are magical, so I will roll for each of them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the others dig Alterius concentrates on the items before him. (see below)

With the hive nearly destroyed and beetles scurry everywhere, the group doesn't find the red lantern in either pile of the orange gunk.

As the others stop and start to clean themselves off Haakon and Torgak give one last area a looking over. (need perception checks from those characters please)

With a worried look the group all knows what they have to do next. Brave the area of dark water. (but you can come back better equipped if you wish - don't feel that is a have to do right away)

[sblock=Alterius]Some nice rolls there. After concentrating you learn that the potions are all cure light wounds (d8+1) and the pearl is a pearl of power (lvl1). [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Ah, blessed be the Oerth Mother!" Alterius cries. "These potions each contain a cure light wounds spell within their nectar. I will hold onto one, if no one has any objection, just in case I need to rush in and assist an unconscious comrade. Perhaps the others should go to Haakon and Torgak? As for this pearl, it is a mighty item indeed, a pearl of power for spells of the 1st level. I certain either Zeke or Aria could make good use of this."

[sblock=Alterius]http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/295614-age-worms-character-spot-5.html#post6018872[/sblock]

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

Torgak assists Zeke in removing the bodies while gives the room a closer look.

To Alterius: "Thank you, I'will gladly accept such an useful item. I will keep it save for an emergency."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"You know something, I REALLY do not feel like swimming around," Alterius states plainly. "I say we toss this room thoroughly before going diving around in some icky water that has been standing for gods know how long."
OOC: Alterius will take 20 on Perception to examine this room as carefully as possible. Time does not seem to be a factor here. His total is 28.

Shayuri

First Post
"A pearl of power?" Aria asks, intrigued. "The great Farazzini once told me about those...but he said they were wizard's toys." She smiles wistfully. "He didn't really like wizards a whole lot."

(OOC - A pearl of power can be used by a sorceror, but they're arguably better for a spellcaster who preps spells. For a sorceror, they're just another spell slot to use. For a prep-caster they can pick any one spell they've cast to renew.)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Zeke says, "I might want to hold onto the Pearl, then, in case we are looking to risk our bodies further. More of Pelor's healing touch would be welcome, methinks."

ghostcat

First Post
Having already searched the insect hive and determined there is nothing there, Galyne sheaves his sword and, bow and knocked arrow in hand, goes over to have a look at the water.

As he goes, he carefully checks the floor for traps and stops as soon as he can see into the alcoves.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Not finding anything else of value the group moves to see if Galyne has discovered anything useful - like a drain to let all the water out of the mysterious room - but Galyne reports that he has found neither plug nor trap in his searching.

The group stands at the top of the landing for a few minutes before Haakon steps up.

"I'll go first," he says stripping off his backpack and boots. He looks at the great sword resting against the wall and then sighs. "Guess I'll leave that here too. Anyone have a trident?" he asks with a smile.

Pulling his dagger from it's scabbard he moves to the top of the steps. "I'll need some light and whose going to be following me?"

OOC: Marching order and does anyone wish not to go in and wait for the others to scout first?

Remove ads