HM's Age of Worms - IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: Alterius doesn't have any shopping list really. Once we divide up the ring he might want to get a scroll of cure light wounds and a vial of alchemist's fire. Depends upon how much we earn. Did we get a value for the ring?

Also this.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Well now, let's be on with it," Alterius says grabbing his things after breakfast. "The dungeon isn't going to clear itself. We have a red lantern to put to use."
OOC: Let's take care of the selling in the meantime as background. I have nothing I want to buy at the moment.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Yes, let us check the other rooms before we use the lantern, just in case," Alterius says. He searches around very carefully at the entrances to the rooms and along hallways.
OOC: Alterius takes 20 since we are in no rush. That gives him a 29 or a 30 if there are traps.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ooc: Where's my post?

The group brings out one more poor soul from the very first level they explored of the Whispering Cairn. The body of the adventurer who was crushed by the stone block trap is put to rest and then they all meet once more in the lantern room.

After using all the extra oil flasks that Gaylne purchased months before they soon have all the lanterns lit and the room full of a rainbow light. As it reflects off the ceiling and bounds about the room a sort of peace comes over everyone as they know they must b on the rigth track to stop the nightmares from the night before.

It takes some time for everyone to climb up to the tunnel with the stone face but soon they are all standing before the cracked open door revealed by lighting all the lanterns. Beyond the door is the strangest of chamber they have seen yet.

Through the gaping mouth at the end of the hallway is a long dark room with no floor. A three-foot-wide beam of petrified wood spans the chasm, leading straight ahead into darkness. About ten feet below the beam, countless iron spheres the size of oranges form an irregular floor, but it's impossible to tell if they represent a wholly solid surface. The northwest and southeast walls (ten feet on either side of the beam) are covered in a honeycomb of geometric patterns. The featureless stone ceiling extends about twenty feet from the beam.

The far end of the room can currently not be seen from the doorway.

Cromm10k

First Post
"One of you lads in light armor should take a look at the other side ...", Torgak says with a low voice while he tries to pierce the darkness with his darkvision to see how far the beam reaches into the strange room.

Shayuri

First Post
Aria looks at the strange hexagonal walls warily, then peers down at the ocean of spheres below. Something about this set up tickles her.

"It almost looks like..." She waves a hand at the walls, "Like those bee cells in the walls might launch these balls at anyone trying to cross, knocking them off and then falling onto the floor below there. But then, if that's how it works, I wonder what happens to the people that fall. We should throw something in. Maybe there's monsters down there or something."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"I sincerely doubt there is anything at all alive down there," Alterius says with a woeful glance downward. "And I imagine you are correct about there being some sort of trapped mechanism that harries those who attempt to cross. Perhaps if we added a bit more light on the subject."

Alterius intones a soothing melody, a hymn to the goddess of the oerth as he pulls out a copper coin and a pale blue light begins to glow from it. He then incants a charming song, beckoning a servant of the oerth to come forward and assist him. The unseen servant grasps the coin and carries it forward across the beam to the end. Alterius whispers a silent prayer of thanks to the Oerth Mother for her assistance.
OOC: Casting light on a copper piece. Casting unseen servant to carry the copper piece to the end of the beam so we can see what is on the other side.

Remove ads