HM's Age of Worms - IC

Shayuri

First Post
While the others talk, Aria is frowning at the rune in the floor, trying to remember if she'd seen anything like it in her brief time training under her mentor.

(knowledge: Arcana)

ghostcat

First Post
While the others are pondering the symbol and the route, Galyne stands guard, bow knocked, seemingly looking down all four corridors at once. "I suggest we leave the hive until last." he says.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet off the ground, are arranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possible human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, his red leather armor the only hint of color in the otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper in somewhat, and the short west wall abuts a small stone stage. The red clay statue of a powerfully built warrior wielding a cylinder-headed great club stands tall upon the stag, its eyes surveying the room.

Upon first entering the room a yawn cracks your lips and you start to feel lethargic.

As the group starts to search the room a large beetle (the size of a big dog) comes meandering out from behind one of the stone slabs. It clicks it's pinchers menacingly as it readies to attack.

OOC: Everyone Will save DC 15 to resist becoming fatigued. And roll INIT.

[sblock=Rune] No new info gathered about the Wind Duke rune. Here is the old info...

- The glyph does not seem to be formed from a common alphabet, although it is reminiscent of arcane symbols representing the element air.

- The glyph represents a name.

-The letter forms look similar to an ancient glyph-language called Vaati, which some unorthodox scholars consider the original written form of Auran.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]Don't think we need a map for a group vs. 1 beetle encounter. But I have been known to be wrong. Everyone can reach and attack the beetle in the same round if they wish to.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
As soon as the beetle crawls out from the slab, Galyne instinctively looses his arrow at it. Unfortunately the arrow strikes the beetles shell and barely scratched it.

[sblock=OOC]Point Blank Shot Feat. +1 to Attack and Damage within 30'[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

Torgak steps forward to strike at the beetle with his flail. Suddenly feeling fatigued as moves closer to the beetle swings his flail slowly at the dog sized creature. (Failed Will Save: The fatigued penalty reduces the attack roll and the damage each by -1)

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
HP: = 13 [1d10+2=12] +1 (favored class)
AC: 14 = 10 + 5 (armor) - 1 (Dex)
AC Touch: 9 = 10 - 1 (Dex)
AC Flatfooted: 15 = 10 + 5 (armor)
INIT: -1 = -1 (DEX) + 0 (misc)
BAB: +1 = +1 (Paladin)
CMB: +3 = +2 (STR) +0 (size) +1 (BAB)
CMD: 12 = +3 (CMB) -1 (Dex) + 10

Flail, Heavy (melee): +3 = +1 (BAB) + 2 (STR) / DMG = 1d10+3(S), CRIT 19-20x2
Dagger (melee): +3 = +1 (BAB) + 2 (STR) / DMG = 1d4+2(S), CRIT 19-20x2

Fort: +5 = +2 (base) + 2 (stat) +1 (luck)
Reflex: +1 = +0 (base) + 0 (stat) +1 (luck)
Will: +4 = +2 (base) + 2 (stat) +1 (luck)

temp. Conditions: Fatigued

Speed: 30/20

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Aria gasps and steps back, pallid green light swirling around her protectively. Her hand jerks reflexively, not at all her normal movement, and seems to hurl a small cough of energy towards the beetle.

(5' step back, and Acid splash)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Going for Haakon and Alterius.

The bard knowing he has no great weapon to take out the beastly bug, instead tries to distract it for Haakon to get in a good swing.

The warrior smiles and raises his great sword high over his head as he moves to join the other warriors in dispatching their enemy.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Bugs dead btw. The site started acting up and I didn't get a chance to go back and fluff the post.

Haakon's great sword comes down splitting the bug in half with one massive stroke.

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak

"I feel a bit weakened ... this beetle must have ensorcelled me! I bet it was evil to the bone ... if it had any." Torgak mumbles as he walks slowly back to the intersection, where he keeps an eye open for movement in the other rooms. He will wait there until the fatigue ends, the group discovers anything of interest or he spots some hostile movement in the corridors and rooms.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases