HM's Age of Worms - IC

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I have no wish to try and wade or swim in dark, unknown waters, especially because of my armor. I'd much rather hope that by the grace of Pelor we might find the final lantern in yonder hive." Zeke says.

Shayuri

First Post
Aria squints into the water and shakes her head.

"No sign of light down there. Doesn't mean much, but...maybe the hive is better to start with. I wish I'd brought some alchemy flasks with me though. Fighting a big carpet of bugs with a few measley spells won't be easy."

She chews her bottom lip. "Maybe if we had some lit torches, or lantern oil..."

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne rummages through his backpack. "Well if you are determined to go for the bugs have this." he says holding up a couple of bottles of Alchemist's Fire. "I also have some oil if its needed. I got them after the last time we encountered bugs."

ghostcat

First Post
"I only have two Alchemist's Fires. So I suggest we use the one flask to get a nice flame going and then use oil to fan the flames. That leaves us one for emergencies." Saying this he rummages in his backpack and brings out three flasks of oil.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Hive...

The north and south walls of this large chamber taper in somewhat, and in the nook of the far eastern wall rests a wide stone basin backed by a five-foot-tall shelf. A hardened orange paste spills out over the two-foot basin lip and covers much of the shelf. Thousands of tiny beetles with bright blue carapaces skitter and tunnel through the chalky substance. A keening insect chorus fills the room. A huge organic mass completely fills the room's northwest corner. judging by the beetles spilling from within it appears to be an enormous hive.

As the group nears the room the tiny insects converge on one another creating a great swarm as they ready themselves to feast.

OOC: Surprise round to the group. Everyone post one action and roll your INIT. Good Luck also.

Attachments

• AoW hive fight.jpg
    AoW hive fight.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 84

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Pelor, light the way for your servants and guide us to victory." Zeke decides to cast bless on the party, centered upon himself. The next round he decides to act in total defense in order to seal his portion of the shield wall (+4 bonus to AC).

Total Defense Stats:
[sblock]
HP: 10 = [1d8+2=10] +0 (favored class)
AC: 21 = 10 + 2 (shield) + 5 (armor) + 4 (Total Defense)
AC Touch: 14 = 10 + 0 (Dex) + 4 (Total Defense)
INIT: +0 = +0 (DEX) + 0 (misc)
[/sblock]

Cromm10k

First Post
Torgak steps up next to Zeke and readies himself to strike at any beetle or swarm that moves in striking distance.
To Zeke he says: "Brother, may Pelor and St. Cuthbert guide us through this endavor! Be steady and hold the line!!!"

Shayuri

First Post
Aria swallows and cocks back her hand holding the flask of alchemist's fire, ready to throw!

(OOC - can I Delay until the oil is down, then throw?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases