OSRIC Hardback (SECOND Printing)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The second printing of the Black Blade Publishing/Usherwood Publishing OSRIC hardback is now available. This release contains the latest version of the OSRIC rules - version 2.2 - and has fixed all currently-known errata. OSRIC is a retroclone of AD&D 1st Edition.

The Old School Reference and Index Compilation, or OSRIC, is the first retroclone published in the old school renaissance movement, and clones the rules of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition game published by TSR, Inc., in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Initially released in 2006, OSRIC was one of the first retro-clones to hit the gaming scene and garnered a great deal of attention from the larger gaming community. OSRIC paved the way for other retro-clones such as Labyrinth Lord (retroclone of the Moldvay Basic/Expert D&D game) and Swords & Wizardry (retro-clone of the original 1974 Dungeons & Dragons game).

Scroll down to the second post for full information!

Attachments

• osric.jpg
    osric.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 445

grodog

Hero
BBP/UP OSRIC™ Hardback (SECOND Printing)

BBP/UP OSRIC™ Hardback (SECOND Printing)

Wichita, Kansas and Everett, Washington—28 June 2012: Black Blade Publishing and Usherwood Publishing are pleased to announce that the SECOND PRINTING of the Black Blade Publishing/Usherwood Publishing OSRIC™ hardback is now in stock and available for ordering.

The Old School Reference and Index Compilation, or OSRIC™, is the first retro-clone published in the old school renaissance movement, and clones the rules of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons™ First Edition game published by TSR, Inc., in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Initially released in 2006, OSRIC was one of the first retro-clones to hit the gaming scene and garnered a great deal of attention from the larger gaming community. OSRIC paved the way for other retro-clones such as Labyrinth Lord™ (retro-clone of the Moldvay Basic/Expert D&D™ game) and Swords & Wizardry™ (retro-clone of the original 1974 Dungeons & Dragons™ game).

This SECOND PRINTING is a case-bound hardback release of OSRIC and contains the latest version of the OSRIC rules - version 2.2 - and has fixed all currently-known errata.

Gold Piece (GP) values have also been added to the tables in Chapter 6, “Treasure.”

In addition, the Black Blade Publishing & Usherwood Publishing imprint of OSRIC includes these features:

- Eleven new full-page, black & white illustrations from artists such as Peter Mullen, John Bingham, Peter Fitzpatrick, Peter Smzer, Brian Thomas, Steve Robertson, Mark Allen, and Jim Holloway.

- An expanded, four-page OSRIC index, developed by Jason Zavoda.

- An Index of Tables, also developed by Jason Zavoda.

- Heavy, 70# grade of interior paper stock, giving the OSRIC hardback a 3.1 lb. heft.

- Cardinal (red), 80# endpage stock, giving OSRIC an old school finishing touch.

Retail Price of the 400 page hardback is $26.00 USD.

Monsters of Myth

We’d also like to mention that we have copies of Monsters of Myth, a hardback book of over 150 new monsters designed by the authors, editors, and supporters of OSRIC to enhance your old school gaming adventures. Monsters of Myth also features new monsters designed by Stephen R. Marsh (creator of the classic ixitxachitl and sahuagin aquatic monsters). Monsters of Myth is a 128-page, case-bound hardback and retails for $29.00 USD.

OSRIC First Print $5 Off Sale

Lastly, we still have a supply of OSRIC first print hardbacks with which we’d like to pique your interest. These are brand new, never been used OSRIC hardbacks from the first print run that we did in 2011. The first print OSRIC hardbacks have sold for $26.00 for the past year. With the release of the second print hardbacks, we’re reducing the price of the first print hardbacks $5.00, for a retail price of $21.00.

All orders for first print OSRIC hardbacks will include a copy of the latest errata incorporated into the second printing, as well as a reprint of the entire Chapter 6 “Treasure” from the second printing. That’s a great price for the first print OSRIC hardbacks as it’s below our cost!

To order, please contact Black Blade Publishing by emailing Jon Hershberger at tacojohndm@yahoo.com to arrange your order (and, yes, we’re still having issues with our online store processing payments and calculating accurate shipping charges—gah!—so please contact us by email).

andy29075

First Post
$19 to ship a $26 book; is that correct?!?

EDIT: That's what the store shopping cart reported as the shipping cost when I tried to buy it on their website....

EDIT EDIT: I didn't read closely; thanks for the quick reply!

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
$19 to ship a $26 book; is that correct?!?

EDIT: That's what the store shopping cart reported as the shipping cost when I tried to buy it on their website....

No, the shopping cart is wrong:

To order, please contact Black Blade Publishing by emailing Jon Hershberger at tacojohndm@yahoo.com to arrange your order (and, yes, we’re still having issues with our online store processing payments and calculating accurate shipping charges—gah!—so please contact us by email).

So, do please email us and we'll get you sorted with a proper shipping quote :D

juboke

Explorer
I purchased OSRIC a couple months ago and there are a couple of things anyone interested in ordering should be aware of (in addition to what was mentioned above).

Usually the shipping price does not change for a second book. You could get a copy of Monsters of Myth or even a second copy of OSRIC for the same shipping as just ordering this book. When you e-mail Black Blade about shipping, ask them.

I also prefer to purchase my books retail. I like to support my FLGS and damage while being shipped is also a concern. After reading 2 or 3 positive reviews on different OSR blogs on how well the items were package I finally decided to order and I wasn’t disappointed. It took me almost 10 minutes to get through all the protective packaging.

Hope that helps answer any questions.<O:p</O:p

grodog

Hero
Is this available through retail chains? For various reason, I much prefer to buy through my FLGS.

We're starting to work on retail distribution for OSRIC, but for the moment the new printing is only available from Black Blade.

I purchased OSRIC a couple months ago and there are a couple of things anyone interested in ordering should be aware of (in addition to what was mentioned above).

Usually the shipping price does not change for a second book. You could get a copy of Monsters of Myth or even a second copy of OSRIC for the same shipping as just ordering this book. When you e-mail Black Blade about shipping, ask them.

I also prefer to purchase my books retail. I like to support my FLGS and damage while being shipped is also a concern. After reading 2 or 3 positive reviews on different OSR blogs on how well the items were package I finally decided to order and I wasn’t disappointed. It took me almost 10 minutes to get through all the protective packaging.

Hope that helps answer any questions.<O:p</O:p

Thanks for the positive feedback, Verdana: it's always good to hear that we've been able to make our customers happy! :D We do try to get you as much value out of the shipping costs as possible, so if you're interested in buying multiple books, we'll certainly help make that as affordable as possible.

qstor

Adventurer
Ahh...my wallet might have to suffer again :(

I'm a big fan of Swords & Wizardry and Castles & Crusades but I have to say I'd recommend this to anyone interested in old school style gaming. Everything you'd want in one big book!

Mike

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases