[AD&D 1e] Temple of Elemental Evil OOC

mazzoli

First Post
I recently acquired all three core rulebooks for First Edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and wanted to see if there was any interest in playing a 1e game. I haven't DMed this edition before, so my idea was to run T1 The Village of Hommlet, with the possibility of expanding that to T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil if it goes well. It would pretty much be completely rules as written to start with to get a feel for the game, possibly adding in house rules as we go.

If anybody is interested, let me know. I'd love to actually get some use out of these books, since none of my local gaming friends are interested in the old games.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
ToEE?!?!?!?

ToEE!?!?!?!

Oh I'm up for some old school evil bashing.

Now where did I put my books.

Concept to come.

HM

mazzoli

First Post
Happy to have you aboard HM! I figure that running a module won't distract me too much from my other games while helping me learn the ropes.

I'm glad I got some interest. I was worried that nobody would be up for an old-school game.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Back from work \.

I just beat the PC version (but it was 3e). Would like to see how well they kept to the old pen and paper version.

Not sure as to what I wish to play yet. Leaning towards a human druid. But that might change after I get to look over the ranger class once more.

HM

Fenris

Adventurer
Oh hell, count me in. I have never played ToEE so that will be fun. As will 1st Edition. I just picked up some used copies at a Con earlier this year. So I will dig those out and start looking too.

How old school are we going on rolls?

And I may need to fight HM for the ranger ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh let's go real old school on rolls...

Ironman

I'll go first.

EDIT: No ranger there. Fighter all the way.

HM

mazzoli

First Post
I'm loving the old school rolls. I was going to be nice and say 4d6 drop one then assign them, but this works too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases