[AD&D 1e] Temple of Elemental Evil OOC

mazzoli

First Post
I think you can feel free to reroll that. I'm not mean enough to insist on that god awful array. I'm considering playing a PC as well, so I think I'll roll some abilities too.

Edit: A really shoddy magic-user, I guess?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Str: 3d6 = 9 - open doors 1-2; BB/LG 1% :eek:
Int: 3d6 = 7 - 0 additional languages
Wis: 3d6 = 9 - nothing
Dex: 3d6 = 8 - nothing
Con: 3d6 = 14 - SS 88%, RS 92%
Cha: 3d6 = 8 -5% Loyalty Base

I got it your a half-orc cleric/assassin. That would give you a STR of 10 and a CON of 15 (sadly your CHA drops to 6)

Break out the posion vials you'll need an edge. ;)

HM

Fenris

Adventurer
I think you can feel free to reroll that. I'm not mean enough to insist on that god awful array. I'm considering playing a PC as well, so I think I'll roll some abilities too.

Edit: A really shoddy magic-user, I guess?

Cool. Re-reading Gary's word from the first DMG (there is so much great stuff in there I missed when i was younger) : "...it is important to allow participants to generate a viable character of the race and profession he or she desires."

As such I would humble suggest to our DM that he consider one of the 4 alternate stat generations from the DMG (note NOT the UA :p). Method I would be most in line I think with Mazzoli first intent.

Method I: All scores are recorded and arranged in the order the player desires. 4d6 are rolled and the lowest die (or one of the lower) is discarded.

That being said, I have no problem with Iron Man (yeah I said it Holy Man :mad: ). I am not sure without checking if the character I rolled can qualify for a class. Maybe if we do go Iron Man, we roll two or three characters (3d6 in order each) and choose the one we would like best? Otherwise this may be a short campaign :p

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hmmm.... half-orc cleric assassin?? and if I went half-orc I would get a STR of 16.

What if we played an ex-bunch of Temple goers who got tossed out and were seeking revenge. What better way to revenge than to stop whatever it is they wish to do.

HM

Fenris

Adventurer
Str: 3d6 = 9 - open doors 1-2; BB/LG 1% :eek:
Int: 3d6 = 7 - 0 additional languages
Wis: 3d6 = 9 - nothing
Dex: 3d6 = 8 - nothing
Con: 3d6 = 14 - SS 88%, RS 92%
Cha: 3d6 = 8 -5% Loyalty Base

I got it your a half-orc cleric/assassin. That would give you a STR of 10 and a CON of 15 (sadly your CHA drops to 6)

Break out the posion vials you'll need an edge. ;)

HM

Oh that might work. And it's a classic archetype from 1st ed. :cool:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I like the idea of three Iron man characters. You take and play them in whatever order you choose. Say you pick B as your character to start but he dies and until he can be resurrected you have to play A for a bit.

Don't have to die could be captured/trapped/off spending 6 months game time training... etc.

Would make for an interesting way to play. (Might do that for one of my games ;) )

HM

mazzoli

First Post
That 9 wisdom would give him a 20% cleric spell failure chance. I'm thinking my scores make a half-elf magic-user, a human magic-user, or a half-elf cleric/magic-user.

mazzoli

First Post
I really like the idea of rolling up a few characters then just going down the line as they get removed from play. I suspect our adventuring party might have a fairly high mortality rate, at least at first

Fenris

Adventurer
Alright, character B then. :lol:

I can't believe I got a 3 and a 17 in the same character. And he almost was a paladin. A 1st edition paladin. you can't roll a paladin under Iron Man rules.

Uh, an idiot thief whom everyone follows because he's so cool?

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Oh that might work. And it's a classic archetype from 1st ed. :cool:

Couldn't find a good picture of the orginal Zarak.

But found a cool half-orc assassin.

541px-Assassin.jpg

This will be lots of fun.

HM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases