Hybrid View

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Blog Entries
    OSRICI Defended The Walls!Gygax Memorial Fund

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

This is the Out-Of-Character thread for Leif's and Scotley's Revenge of the Giants game.

This thread is being started now so that the players can discuss amongst themselves ideas for shared history of their characters and any other background ideas that they wish to discuss.

Threads in this game:

Recruiting: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking...ow-closed.html

IC: not started yet

OOC: http://www.enworld.org/forum/talking...ition-ooc.html Right there where you are! Yes, you! Right now! You're here now!

RG: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-...dition-rg.html
    Last edited by Leif; Sunday, 14th October, 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Baramos Rathmore

Son of Meepo, that's pretty cool, the way Baramos's dragon breath deals either fire dam or cold dam, or both? I guess it's so cold that it burns.

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Son of Meepo, that's pretty cool, the way Baramos's dragon breath deals either fire dam or cold dam, or both? I guess it's so cold that it burns.
    Yes, being part of an order that dealt with fighting primordials of fire, he learned how to adapt his breath to deal cold damage instead of fire. But more recently he has learned how to mix the two together. His dragon breath is a bit complicated.

Dragon Breath
    Dragon Breath
    Encounter Arcane, Cold, Fire
    Minor Action Close blast 3 (or Area burst 2 in 10)
    Target: Each enemy in the blast (or burst)
    Attack: +15 vs. Reflex.
    Hit: 2d6 + 2 cold and fire damage.
    Draconic Challenge: Each target is subject to your divine sanction until the start of your next turn.
    Bolstering Breath: Allies in the area of effect gain a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
    Ancient Soul: Whenever you take cold or fire damage (after applicable resistances), you recharge this power.

I'll have to take a look at the other characters tomorrow after I've gotten some sleep to see if I can mesh backgrounds with any one.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries

Ignore drothgery
    My communities:

* a few weeks after Heise and Sariel's first meeting *

"So, do you think you would like me around after this?" Sariel asked, in the rapid-fire speech she slipped into when she was excited.

"I can't say you haven't been useful. Mostly not in ways your father would have approved of, though." Heise said.

"My father knows exactly what training I've had, both formal and informal -- he paid for it, after all. Classroom grades and almost certainly he's spoken to my instructors. And he has seen me and four other cadets win more than a few mock battles. He just is worried about his little girl up close and personal with something she can't hurt much directly."

"That worries me, too. I'm not sure you can always hit people with your barbarian."

"Why not?"
    Dave Rothgery

PBP
    Spoiler:

My EnWorld Blog
    Republic and Empire
    Buffverse M&M game

Characters
    Active
    Sanne Bacher d'Lyrandar in S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Inactive
    Istara Kandorian in Ankh-Morpork Guard's Star Wars: Rebels with Style
    Eric Hassel (Quarterback) in Jemal's Mutant High
    Sariel in Rumspringa's Keep on the Shadowfell
    Khalia ir'Indari in DEFCON1's Eye of the Lich Queen
    Serrana Vao in Karl Green's Knights of the Old Republic (with 213 things Serrana can't do in the Jedi Order)
    Italimelk in Living ENWorld
    Daellin ir'Ayellan in stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    drothgery's Victorian Eberron game
    Star Wars/KotOR Era - The Second K'ril Incursion

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Son of Meepo
    Baramos observed as the new recruits battled the nest of flaming serpents that had emerged from the caldera. These creatures would be no more a threat than any normal viper except that their fiery bodies would burn everything they touched. So, while it wasn't a glorious duty, it was a necessary one. A perfect exercise for new recruits of the order to hone their skills against the primordial threats of the caldera.

Baramos watched them rush headlong towards the nest, aware of what would happen next, but saying nothing. It was a lesson that the recruits would remember by their scars. As predicted, the serpents raised their heads, and like the spitting cobra unleashed their venom. But it was not poison they spit at the recruits, but rather sticky globs like burning pitch. Most of the recruits felt at least one blast strike them, lighting their scale ablaze. If they cried out it was surprise rather than pain, for Baramos had already trained them to endure much.

Still the teacher would not allow his students to be overwhelmed their first time out. Baramos exhaled his own blast, an orb of frozen flame that landed amidst the serpents and exploded. Thought the snake would have easily tolerated the head, the searing cold of that burst caused them to recoil. When the snakes tried to spit their fire again, those that fired upon the recruits felt the pain of the divine light of Bahamut, causing their shots to arc wide as it seared their flesh. Those that tried for Baramos found him a more agile target, and those that did hit him found that their fire did little to their target, in fact, it seemed to empower him more than hurt him.

The recruits finished closing with the nest and began to fight back, setting aside the pain of the flames. Baramos drew the essence of the elemental flame within and exhaled another blast of frozen flame before charging into battle, cleaving off the head of one of the serpents with his ancestral blade. Inspired, the recruits began to gain the upper hand on the snakes.

Baramos hung back, defending himself in the melee until he had thought the recruits had enough. Baramos discorporated, his body becoming an cloud of electrical charge. The lightning danced through the remaining snakes, killing the remainder of the nest. When Baramos reformed, the battle was over.

Baramos growled at his recruits. "If you try tactics like that against a pack of demons, I'll be sweeping up your ashes for burial! Now back to camp! DOUBLE TIME MARCH!"

Baramos ran the recruits all the way back to their camp, not allowing them to rest from the battle until they were home.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    This thread is being started now so that the players can discuss amongst themselves ideas for shared history of their characters and any other background ideas that they wish to discuss.
    From discussion from the other thread, we seem to have a basic split in the party backgrounds. We've got three isolated champions, Tyrus, Durn and Baramos are each heroes of their own specific regions, with little or no reason to travel outside their homes (at least until recently). Meanwhile, the other three have been wandering adventurers for a while, probably in and around the Sea of Fallen Stars. By the way, where is this adventure taking place?

We briefly discussed the idea of Sariel, Althous and Heise having formed some sort of permanent group. We also sort of dismissed it, as we're not the most effective trio without any heavies. But perhaps that's the hook. After individual meetings and adventures, we eventually fell into our own company, employing a rotating assortment of fighters, warriors and soldiers to try and fill out our front line, but nothing has ever quite meshed. Whoever it is that's hiring/summoning us is aware of this weakness and took it upon themselves to assemble a trio to supplement our little group. One great champion each from the Dwarven mountains (wherever they are), from Tymanther in the south and from the vast plains of the east.

So there we have it, three warriors who are used to being alone at the top now have to work together with their peers, and the team of three have to learn to incorporate three powerful new personalities into our previously balanced lives.

But above all, we're good people, we're the heroes, defenders of the weak and the downtrodden. The giants are a real threat, and together we will stride forward to do battle with our foes.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries

Ignore Insight
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
    From discussion from the other thread, we seem to have a basic split in the party backgrounds. We've got three isolated champions, Tyrus, Durn and Baramos are each heroes of their own specific regions, with little or no reason to travel outside their homes (at least until recently). Meanwhile, the other three have been wandering adventurers for a while, probably in and around the Sea of Fallen Stars. By the way, where is this adventure taking place?

We briefly discussed the idea of Sariel, Althous and Heise having formed some sort of permanent group. We also sort of dismissed it, as we're not the most effective trio without any heavies. But perhaps that's the hook. After individual meetings and adventures, we eventually fell into our own company, employing a rotating assortment of fighters, warriors and soldiers to try and fill out our front line, but nothing has ever quite meshed. Whoever it is that's hiring/summoning us is aware of this weakness and took it upon themselves to assemble a trio to supplement our little group. One great champion each from the Dwarven mountains (wherever they are), from Tymanther in the south and from the vast plains of the east.

So there we have it, three warriors who are used to being alone at the top now have to work together with their peers, and the team of three have to learn to incorporate three powerful new personalities into our previously balanced lives.

But above all, we're good people, we're the heroes, defenders of the weak and the downtrodden. The giants are a real threat, and together we will stride forward to do battle with our foes.
    I'll amend this slightly in Durn's case.

He is not used to working on his own; he has been a member of the Shieldsworn of Moradin - a revered cadre of dwarven soldiers - ever since he could pick up a hammer. BUT, he does not normally associate with non-dwarves for long periods of time. In fact, Durn's interactions with Sariel, Althous and Heise probably changed Durn's perception of non-dwarves.

So, following the interactions with Sariel, Althous and Heise in Durn's past, he is more open not only to working with non-dwarves, but also to leaving dwarven lands in pursuit of a great evil.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore hafrogman
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    I'll amend this slightly in Durn's case.
    Of course, this was mostly just me spitballing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insight View Post
    He is not used to working on his own; he has been a member of the Shieldsworn of Moradin - a revered cadre of dwarven soldiers - ever since he could pick up a hammer.
    And just to clarify what I meant, I didn't mean that the three were all rugged individualists, I think all of them worked in teams (tribe, knightly orders, etc.), but that I doubt those groups were all made up of level 12 characters. Durn is a paragon of dwarven soldierdom.
    PbP Signature: http://www.enworld.org/forum/5934473-post84.html

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
    Of course, this was mostly just me spitballing.
    Your spitballing, while overly moist and somewhat gross, is greatly appreciated!

Magsman (Lvl 14)

Blog Entries

Ignore Leif
    My communities:

Can't yet give you xp again SoM, or I would for that story.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast