Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

Leif

Adventurer
FWIW, it wouldn't be an absurd simplification, given the makeup of this party, to just say the PCs always go first unless for some reason Sariel's split away from the party. Barring a tricked-out high-initiative monster or the monsters rolling very well while the PCs roll very poorly, the PCs are going to go first.
Hey, I know! Why not just say that by DM fiat the PCs always go LAST!!? :D

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
So...

What do you think, Scotley? Have we totally bitten off more than we have any hope of chewing?

Or do we have a reasonable chance of perhaps pulling this off?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that, assuming we are ultimately able to get this game up and running which may not be a foregone conclusion at this point, it should be understood from the very beginning that this will only be a single adventure.

And about DMs rolling init for PCs, I suppose that wouldn't be as totally dice-hogging as it first seemed to me because it is just a single die roll. But the roll would have to be modified for each PC for Dex, Improved Initiative, etc., which seems like it would be an awful lot of extra bookkeeping for the poor, yeoman-like DMs, who already have to keep up with all the monsters and other NPCs. :-S

Okay, my last post about getting caught up was premature. Just after I made that post I got the word that an annual visit from the court appointed powers that be in my industry was eminent. A survey from these folks is roughly equivalent to taking a final exams, getting your home appraised by the tax collector and having a colonoscopy all at the same time. The state auditors will make a similarly unpleasant visit at the end of September. But between now and then my work life should be much less complicated. We wont get the final report for a couple weeks, but looks like we aced it.

So I think if we run fast enough this thing just might fly.

Scotley

Hero
FWIW, it wouldn't be an absurd simplification, given the makeup of this party, to just say the PCs always go first unless for some reason Sariel's split away from the party. Barring a tricked-out high-initiative monster or the monsters rolling very well while the PCs roll very poorly, the PCs are going to go first.

Oh we never customize and trick out our monsters with special abilities like that when we see the characters have an advantage...

Pssttt, hey Leif think they bought that load of crap?

drothgery

First Post
Oh we never customize and trick out our monsters with special abilities like that when we see the characters have an advantage...
'course not. I mean, Sariel spent a scarce paragon-tier feat to get the bonus she hands out absurdly high, and you'd hardly deprive her of that advantage :D
It's not like that feat isn't gold in the char-op guide...

Scotley

Hero
You smash this one and I'll get the next.

So let's try to get this party started. Send me a list of anything that we still need to address before we begin.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases