Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

Insight

Adventurer
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this effort. I need to pare down the PBP games in which I'm involved and, seeing how this hasn't started yet, this seems like the best time to bow out.

Good luck, all.

Leif

Adventurer
I was just wondering that very thing myself earlier today.

What I can tell you is that I want for it to do so -- and SOON. In fact, I'm just about ready to get it started.

Leif

Adventurer
So, okay. I just did a final inspection of our cast of adventurers. We're still pretty caster-light, having only one hybrid sorcerer and one full sorcerer. Not even a snif of a divine caster. It's up to you guys, I guess. d'you wanna go dere, I canna stop d'you, but Im -not gonna cut d'you any slack, neither, comprende?

drothgery

First Post
So, okay. I just did a final inspection of our cast of adventurers. We're still pretty caster-light, having only one hybrid sorcerer and one full sorcerer. Not even a snif of a divine caster. It's up to you guys, I guess. d'you wanna go dere, I canna stop d'you, but Im -not gonna cut d'you any slack, neither, comprende?
I don't know the adventure details (and don't we have half a paladin, and so half a divine caster?), but as we've already been through, Sariel's a perfectly capable healer. The other big thing divine casters are good for are
  • being the radiant mafia, which really helps when fighting undead (and some other creatures with that vulnerability), but this is Revenge of Giants, not Revenge of the Vampires or Revenge of the Zombies, right? So that shouldn't be a serious problem.
  • knowing about religion. Sariel is trained in the skill, though, and quite smart, so knowing esoteric religous lore is not unlikely for her.
I'd figure missing any kind of controller is a bigger issue than missing an arcane caster specifically. No one's got the huge area of effect thing of most dedicated controllers going on, and dishing out debuffs is the other controller schtick. Again, though
  • a sorcerer and a half can go a long way for area of effect blasting
  • IIRC, monks are pretty good at debuffing
  • and Sariel is a quite competent ritualist, even if what she's got in her ritual book is mostly healing-oriented

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases