Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION]. I think we're using the same color for speech.

Also, my wife would be willing to join if we are still looking for another player. I will get her working on a character if we are.

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, on the resistance question, I am firmly in the camp of Scotley and Insight. If a creature has Resist fire 30, then the solution is not to find some squirrely way to slip around that resistance, but rather, to find a mode of attack other than fire. That's why we use parties with more than one character. Not every character is supposed to be able to use his most optimal attacks against every foe.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Sorry everyone, but as much as I was looking forward to this game I am going to quit.

It seems as though our DM and I cannot see eye to eye on anything.

This has nothing to do with any ruling pertaining to my own character but perceived inconsistencies with other rulings in general.

The final straw was when he opened and closed the recruiting thread without giving anyone else a chance to join.

As soon as he opened the recruiting thread I approached my wife with the idea of joining and she thought it would be a lot of fun. So we spent several hours creating a character. Hours that would have been better spent elsewhere had I realized our DM was going to change his mind five minutes later. Now in addition to wasting all that time I'm going to have to deal with a severely disappointed spouse.

This isn't the first time our DM has made a ruling and then changed his mind, and I assume it won't be his last, which is part of the reason I cannot continue. Inconsistent DMs are one thing I just cannot work with.

Hopefully you will find another player or two willing to join you and get this game running, that is if the thread stays open long enough.

Leif

Adventurer
Well-l-l-l-l-l-l, I can't say it breaks my heart to see him go. I'm glad that he chose to keep it confined to PMs. Let's just let it die, ok?

It's not like I've ever made it a deep, dark secret that my style of DMing tends to be less rigid than most. Heck, just look to the left side of the screen at the made-up "quote" beneath my name!

The door is still open if anyone else feels the need to exit. However, it's only open one way -- no additional characters/players will be accepted at this time. The module will most likely need to be scaled back to accommodate our leaner party, but my experience has demonstrated that smaller=better in PbP party size, anyway.

You know, this causes me to wonder whether 4E might be very well-suited to solo play....

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OK? Should this action be mentioned in the IC thread, or am I failing to grok something? (Not like it would be the first time.)
I was kidding. Sariel doesn't actually have enough cash to create a ritual scroll of an 8th-level ritual right now; if she dies, she's just going to have to hope the other two can figure something out ...

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I was kidding. Sariel doesn't actually have enough cash to create a ritual scroll of an 8th-level ritual right now; if she dies, she's just going to have to hope the other two can figure something out ...
If she can really scribe such a scroll, maybe she should ask for a loan?

Insight

Adventurer
The only thing I'm going to say about whatever happened with the departed player is that they should not have spent time making a character until they got the green light to do so.

Anyway.

The small party size may make the Warlord kinda gimped. Warlords tend to benefit from larger parties. Especially multiple melee types. We now have just Durn and the Warlord itself. I haven't gone over the Warlord's build, so maybe it's possible that this is a moot issue. I just know that Warlords tend to be less optimal in small groups.

Just my 2 cents...

Leif

Adventurer
The small party size may make the Warlord kinda gimped. Warlords tend to benefit from larger parties. Just my 2 cents...
If the Warlord's player agrees, the PC can be re-built or even re-classed if desired.

Just let us know what is desired, please?

[Gimped warlords make me sad. :.-( ]

Last edited:

Remove ads