Leif's "Revenge of the Giants" [4E] [OOC 01]

drothgery

First Post
If she can really scribe such a scroll, maybe she should ask for a loan?
It's not cheaper than buying one (just like making magic items with Enchant an Item isn't cheaper than buying them); the advantage of a ritual scroll is that you don't need to be a ritual caster to use it and it's faster (casting time is half the normal casting time of the ritual), but the disadvantage is that you're paying the cost of a ritual book for a single use of a ritual (and you have to pay the component cost either way). It would cost 680gp for Sariel to make a scroll of Raise Dead (or buy one); to use it to raise one of the PCs would take another 5000gp of components, because we're paragon-tier PCs.

The small party size may make the Warlord kinda gimped. Warlords tend to benefit from larger parties. Especially multiple melee types. We now have just Durn and the Warlord itself. I haven't gone over the Warlord's build, so maybe it's possible that this is a moot issue. I just know that Warlords tend to be less optimal in small groups.
Sariel is a very extreme case of a 'lazy warlord'; she has... two powers that attack directly (both because she didn't have any options that would have avoided that), low strength, only a +2 weapon, and no expertise. But she can grant melee and ranged attacks; I expect her default combat move is going to be Commander's Strike with Durn.

If the Warlord's player agrees, the PC can be re-built or even re-classed if desired.
Oh, I think I'm going to roll with what I've got.

Leif

Adventurer
Coolness! [About going with what you have, that is. Not so cool about the prices of stuff.] Shall we rock on, then?

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
It is with some regret that I will be bowing out of all of my EN World PBP games -- including this one. My schedule has become too demanding to keep up a responsible posting schedule. I'd rather that the DM and players find someone else with more time on their hands to fill my spot in the game.

Happy gaming to you all.

Scotley

Hero
Unfortunately, I fear it is best to let this one die. I have not had the time to contribute meaningfully. That is unlikely to change until after the first of the year.

Let's stick this one in a pine box, say some words over it and bury it 6 feet down. Come the first of the year we can either animate dead, resurrect or maybe we'll share a few mugs at the wake and come up with a worthy successor.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases